Geoff johns hawkman

#1 Posted by Loki9876 (3051 posts) - - Show Bio

Is the run of Geoff pretty good or not?

#2 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4252 posts) - - Show Bio

-bump- I've yet to read this series either so I'm also interested in what people have to say.

#3 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Have not read any of it as of yet. Am interested, though.

#4 Posted by Icarusflies (12505 posts) - - Show Bio

Never read it, but considering that it LITERALLY saved Hawkman from being forbidden from being written about, it has to have at least some saving graces.

#5 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icarusflies said:

Never read it, but considering that it LITERALLY saved Hawkman from being forbidden from being written about, it has to have at least some saving graces.

What do you mean?

#6 Posted by Icarusflies (12505 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: Hawkman's backstory had become so convoluted that editorial didn't want to use him. They introduced Zauriel to be a replacement Hawkman. When Geoff Johns came along, he integrated all of Hawkman's weird origins into one, allowing Hawkman to return.

#7 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icarusflies: Really? Well, I guess if anybody can do something like that, it'd be Johns. Weird backstories seem to be his specialty. And Zauriel? He was nothing like Hawkman, other than the fact that he had wings.

#8 Posted by SuperShafe (470 posts) - - Show Bio

John's run was rather solid , he made Hawkman make sense and did some great things with the love story between Carter and Shay-era

#9 Posted by Icarusflies (12505 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: He was originally I guess. I'm not making that up, writers have admitted that's what Zauriel was for.

#10 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icarusflies: No I believe you, I just think that that was a dumb reason on the writer's part, lol.

#11 Posted by BloodTalon (440 posts) - - Show Bio

I have read the entire run and it was great. Hawkman is a bad ass and Johns wrote him very well and I love Rags's art. Hawkman had his own city to protect and it was developing nicely until they changed it to Hawkgirl and then it turned to crap. If you have not read it I would suggest that you do

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.