confused

#1 Edited by Night Thrasher (3698 posts) - - Show Bio

I am a obvious marvel head, but i've been digging more and more into DC. I kinda get most of the origins and back stories but one eludes me: Hawkman. Can someone please explain the origins of Hawkman and Hawkgirl. I am so confused :s

#2 Posted by Watch Dog (834 posts) - - Show Bio
@Night Thrasher:
Hawkman and Hawkgirl kick ass they are 2 of my top 5 
I would love to help but I must go to bed (3rd shift) so at work I will collect my thoughts and if no one ells has answered your question I will see what I can do.
#3 Posted by reaper2923 (2778 posts) - - Show Bio

How do his wings work I mean are they attached to him or is it like Smallville when he puts them on

#4 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

His is one of the most confusing origins because of the retcons and such. I remember doing research and there was a website that actually had a good explanation of the various versions. The wings are not real he just puts them on.
#5 Edited by The_MVPs (84696 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by reaper2923 (2778 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by Ryonslaught (1247 posts) - - Show Bio
@reaper2923:  I think soem version of him have detachable/retractable wings while others......the wings are like marvel's angel......hop that helps since Ive wondered this myself
#8 Posted by The_MVPs (84696 posts) - - Show Bio
@reaper2923: LOL I was jus playin anyway. I dont believe Hawkman can remove his wings though.

No harness but he still has his wings
#9 Posted by reaper2923 (2778 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:
" @reaper2923: LOL I was jus playin anyway. I dont believe Hawkman can remove his wings though.

"

Ohhh kinky bird sex lol
#10 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34406 posts) - - Show Bio
@reaper2923 said:
" How do his wings work I mean are they attached to him or is it like Smallville when he puts them on "
I think the Thanagarian Hawkman (Katar Hol) could remove his wings, as they were artificial, while it doesn't look like Carter Hall Hawkman can..not an expert on Hawkman though.
#11 Posted by MichaeltheFly (6555 posts) - - Show Bio
@reaper2923 said:
" @Gambler said:
" @reaper2923: LOL I was jus playin anyway. I dont believe Hawkman can remove his wings though.

"
Ohhh kinky bird sex lol "

I think he and the current Hawkgirl can.
#12 Posted by Jake Malcom (3255 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkman can remove his wings many of his incarnations simply wore the wings and armor. Some on the other hand had the wings in their bodies.

So Gambler is right and Wrong

#13 Posted by Darkchild (41004 posts) - - Show Bio

BTW all the Hawkmen an Hawkwoman origins are based on the first two.

Bound by love but also cursed by it. They have been around for centuries they will live happily for a while but soon one of them eventually dies.

#14 Posted by The_MVPs (84696 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Malcom: Guess so lol

#15 Posted by reaper2923 (2778 posts) - - Show Bio

Thnaks lot of help I'm writing a fan-fic about Hawkman's son that I made up

#16 Posted by harleyquinn12 (1767 posts) - - Show Bio
@Darkchild 
Once they've realized they love each other, they soon die.
#17 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambler said:

"
Click: Save 

And the Wings are removeable.
#18 Posted by Speedy92286 (199 posts) - - Show Bio

Love that pic. @Gambler said:

"
Just love this picture. I am a bit confused as to why the wings are attached to them, as in their own ongoing series(before it was canceled) they put them on during missions and took them off afterwards. Maybe the artist thought it would look better? If that was the case he made a good call.
#19 Posted by Yumulu (762 posts) - - Show Bio
Well sry about resurecting an old thread but this was a dream wich would explain the lack of harness
#20 Posted by joshmightbe (24937 posts) - - Show Bio

hawkman the only origin more cofusing than a summers family reunion(i imagine itd be difficult to explain baby nathan being older than his grandfather)
#21 Posted by batflasharrow96 (445 posts) - - Show Bio

His origins aren't that confusing. There's just been multiple incarnations and origins of the characters and this causes people to get mixed up and spread it out throughout the internet. I understand almost perfectly and it isn't confusing.

#22 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3561 posts) - - Show Bio

I assume that the reboot will introduce Carter Hall as the reincarnation of an Egyptian prince with alien armor. Hall is a human with wings attached by a harness made out of the Nth metal, which grants him flight. That's all you really need to know. You could always just read the book though ;)

#23 Posted by batflasharrow96 (445 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kal'smahboi: He's supposed to be an alien archaeologist or something.
#24 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3561 posts) - - Show Bio
@batflasharrow96: Close. He's a human archeologist that finds alien stuff in Egypt. Unless that's what you meant...the internet can be ambiguous.
#25 Posted by batflasharrow96 (445 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kal'smahboi: Yeah. That's what I meant. Lol. Did you think I meant an archaeologist that is an alien?
#26 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3561 posts) - - Show Bio
@batflasharrow96: Lol sure did.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.