Can the Hawks...

#1 Posted by Mighty Thorion (797 posts) - - Show Bio

Sustain their own title? After two failed attempts, Hawkworld, etc, Is it now time for DC to give the Hawks their own title again - or would it crash and burn again?

#2 Posted by danielddavis (105 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know, Hawkman has actually been one of Dc's most fortunate heroes. He's been in several comics, and he has a handful of his own comics.

#3 Posted by Watch Dog (834 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love for them to have their own comic again. Would it last? I don't now but I will buy it if they make it.

The last one was excellent until they switched to Hawkgirl instead of Hawkman ( not that Hawkgirl is bad but thats when it went to shit with bad writing and crappy art)

#4 Posted by Speedy92286 (199 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the Hawks deserve their own comic, and the attention they are getting in Brightest Day may lead up to them getting their own title. Honestly, the only reason why the last book tanked was because it was a Hawkgirl only book by the end. Bad idea, bad creative team, etc.  Their new purpose of attacking Seth straight on is definitely a new direction I would love to see, especially if they can break their rebirth cycle.

I doubt Geoff Johns will write it himself(how many books does he even do a month? Three or so?) but get someone who understands the Hawks and the book will soar(bad pun intended) above the competition.

#5 Posted by LT1085 (3658 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.