Are You Enjoying It?

#1 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32619 posts) - - Show Bio

So who's reading the new ongoing? Although I'v had to stop getting comics at the moment I did get the first 3 issues and I'v got to say I'm liking it so far. Carter is brutal but they haven't made him overly gory which is good, it's just a cool adventure story. So is anybody else enjoying it? Also does anybody know how it's selling? I would hate for it to get the can.

#2 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11035 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like it. I love the Hawkman character so picking up his book made me happy. I hope it doesn't get canned, but Hawkman does tend to have a tendency to fail in his own solo series. I'm interested in how everything is going to play out with Hawkgirl and such in the future.

#3 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been picking up this book as well and I hope that it doesn't get cancelled.

#4 Edited by GreenLanternEzekiel (27 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Hawkman but not his new ongoing. Maybe it will get better. Maybe.

#5 Posted by BloodTalon (430 posts) - - Show Bio

I am enjoying the new book a lot. Was the first story arc my favorite Hawkman story? No, but it was a good story and I can't wait to see where they go with him.

#6 Posted by RazzaTazz (9478 posts) - - Show Bio

I think its all right, definitely not the best dc has to offer

#7 Posted by BloodTalon (430 posts) - - Show Bio

Issue 5 was great I love the new translation powers he now has very useful.

I am still a little leery about

#8 Edited by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Series is okay, I like Hawkman, hope it doesn't get cancelled too quickly.

#9 Posted by Zhakaraz (81 posts) - - Show Bio

@BloodTalon said:

Issue 5 was great I love the new translation powers he now has very useful.

I am still a little leery about

what did they add to his powers?

#10 Posted by The Stegman (22989 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't afford it... :(

#11 Posted by Dernman (14712 posts) - - Show Bio

Liefeld

#12 Posted by BloodTalon (430 posts) - - Show Bio

@Zhakaraz: it seems to be innate but when he is looking at and or touching some thing with writing on it the writing starts to glow and is automatically translated in his head I like it it seems very useful.

BTW I forgot to write what I was leery about. If anyone was wondering it's Liefeld that worries me

#13 Posted by DoomDoomDoom (4212 posts) - - Show Bio

I've bought #1-5 but have only read the first three. I love the art in this series.

#14 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

Curious to see how people are taking this series.

#15 Edited by golvellius (207 posts) - - Show Bio

Its been a nice surprise, I had never been a Hawkman fan but I did like his part in Brightest day so I decided to give it a try. So far its been good. The first few issues have introduced his powers and his way of living wich has served as the starting point of his adventures. I like the way this title tells a very tight story in a few issues without dragging things too much. The story with the mortis orb makes an interesting change of pace, from sci fi to horror, and I kind of like how the writer is keeping things interesting and uncomplicated. However Its time to go introspective on the Hawk to give him a solid personality and character, plus I eagerly await the appearance of Hawkgirl. I'm still following this one but haven't commited to it.

#16 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. More the concept than the execution.

#17 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3482 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been enjoying it quite a bit. The plotting is mediocre but the dialogue is good and the art is beautiful.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.