Will Hawkeye Have A Cameo In Thor?

Posted by G-Man (33900 posts) - - Show Bio

You're probably asking, what the heck does Hawkeye have to do with Thor?  He's in no way even close to an Asgardian.  You couldn't even say that Clint and Thor were best buddies or anything.  Apparently, a new rumor has surfaced that makes some sense.

Superherohype pointed out that in the latest issue of Empire Magazine, actor Jeremy Renner brought up Hawkeye.  He basically indicated that Marvel was looking for someone to do a cameo as Hawkeye in Thor when all the heroes get together (probably similar to Samuel L. Jackson's cameo at the end of Iron Man).

"Hawkeye could be interesting. They're going to send me some stuff on it, see what it is, but I think they're pretty awesome, trying to make superhero movies almost plausible and not just some fantasy thing."

I haven't actually read the latest issue of Empire Magazine so if someone has it, can you verify this quote?  It shouldn't be too big of a surprise if I said I would love for Hawkeye to show up.  It was in December 2008 that the rumor of Hawkeye and Black Widow appearing in Iron Man 2 surfaced.  Obviously we know that Black Widow made the cut.  Let's hope that we can soon see Hawkeye on the big screen.  As far as Jeremy Renner playing him, I don't know much about him so I can't comment on whether or not he'd be a good choice (he was in 28 Weeks Later).
Staff
#1 Posted by Grendel (560 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeremy Renner is awesome. See "The Hurt Locker", it should be on DVD soon. Highly recommended. 

#2 Posted by G-Man (33900 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I did hear that The Hurt Locker is supposed to be good.  I should look into it.

Staff
#3 Posted by Grim (2079 posts) - - Show Bio

...why?  
hopefully their just making a Hawkeye movie, or they're talking about him being in the Avengers movie. I don't think i would like any chain of events that would lead to Hawkeyes first appearance being in Thor.

#4 Posted by G-Man (33900 posts) - - Show Bio
@Grim: The idea would be that Hawkeye and maybe others would appear at the end and talk to Thor about joining the Avengers.  Then we'd see him in The Avengers movie.  Obviously we won't get a full Hawkeye movie right now but if he does appear here and in the Avengers, maybe they'd think about a spin-off afterward to keep things going.
Staff
#5 Posted by crazywolf (653 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds interesting for a cameo at the end of the credits

#6 Posted by Grim (2079 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man: i guess... but id still rather it just be Fury and maybe Stark. i dont mean to be a pooper, i just dont want this getting out of hand. If they keep this stuff up, the end of Captain America will have a 15 man avengers line-up standing in Steve's foyer presenting a power point on the healthcare benefits the Avengers offer.  
 sarcasm aside, i feel like the Avenger's movie should be about the team joining up, instead of the G.I. Joe route of a pre-established team. Every good Avengers team was brought together by some awesome event, and i would rather see that bring them together than Stark, Fury, and General Ross in a conference room with a stack of files. Also, as cool as Hawkeye is, tossing him in to the next blockbuster is a pretty random push. I mean, he's not SO well known/popular/important that putting him in the movie would make the fans stand up and scream. I think Hawkeye at the end of Thor would have the same effect as Wolverines random appearance in Japan at the end of his film. The fans know what it is, but no ones gonna care till it happens for real.

...but maybe im just not the guy to talk about this. My only loyalties to Marvel are with the old stories and characters, and needless to say, Marvel hasn't been catering to my loyalties as of late... 
#7 Edited by Kid_Zombie (824 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice! 
Jeremy Renner would be a perfect Hawkeye, Just a quick correction G-man hes in 28 WEEKS later not days ha ha, anyways ya hes awesome, and Hurt locker was one of my favorite movies this year it was very very good. I think this could work at the end, just have him standing with Nick Fury.

Love Hawkman, especially of late hes becoming more and more interesting. LOVE modern Marvel!

#8 Posted by Moomin123 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Hawkeye could make a cameo in Thor. Jeremy Renner would be good for Hawkeye.
#9 Posted by Adam Michaels (435 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeremy Renner looks the part, so that makes him a plus in my book. 

But, I am very curious to see how they fit him into Thor. I know he says it's just one of those 1 scene cameos, so he doesn't need to be involved in the film's story.  

I just think it would have been more fitting to have him show up in Iron Man 2. After all, Hawkeye made his first appearance in comics in the Iron Man series and the character was first attached to Black Widow.  

But, I trust Marvel Studios and everything they're doing, so I won't worry about it.
#10 Posted by ShadowFade (30 posts) - - Show Bio

WHAT! He is my favorite avenger in the 616 and Ultimate Universe. Although, I would rather see Chris Pine or Jensen Ackles play Hawkeye personally. You think Mockingbird would make a cameo or should they keep her for a solo movie about Hawkeye?   

Chris Pine or Jensen Ackles  for Hawkeye!
#11 Posted by Man of Lengend (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

SOOOO awsome clint is one of my favorite marvel characters of all time
#12 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

id love to see hawkeye in the avengers movie and id also appreciate it if theyd let clint be hawkeye in the comics again bullseye is cool and all but i like him much better as bullseye

#13 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

I was wondering why it seemed like they were not keeping Hawkeye in the Avengers movie.  It made nooooo sense considering how much the character is liked, and especially with how they are treating him in the Ulimate U, it can be done easily. 
#14 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

Any cameos and connections to the Avengers movie are A-OK with me.....though I also kinda hope they'll sneak Hank Pym in somewhere seeing as he's a founding Avenger. They better not try doing an Avengers movie without him, maybe he'll show up in Captain America then since I have no clue on the status of the Ant-Man movie.

#15 Posted by Bruce Vain (1869 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally I always wanted Brad Pitt as Hawkeye, but I never thought about Jeremy Renner for the part. Now reading this article I'm hoping it is true that he will make a small appearance in Thor's movie. Can't have Iron Man get all the sweet cameo's ha ha

#16 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio

What happened to Hawkeye in Iron Man 2? >:-( Why would he be in Thor first of all movies? Who knows. Could Hawkeyes costume be pulled off on film? Definitely. Will the creators behind the movie cop out and just make him like Hawkeye from The Ultimates? Most likely. 

#17 Posted by HaloKing343 (1252 posts) - - Show Bio

That'd be sweet. Hawkeye in Thor! Yeah!

#18 Posted by Mutant X (1543 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be awesome if this actually happened. Hawkeye rocks.

#19 Posted by drawme (423 posts) - - Show Bio

I love cameos

#20 Posted by G-Man (33900 posts) - - Show Bio
@King Quisling: There's been no mention of Hawkeye in Iron Man 2 since that rumor first came out a year ago.  Part of me has been hoping that this is just a super-well kept secret but I doubt it.  Unless they film it at the last minute like they did with Sam Jackson.  I was hoping he and Black Widow would appear together since they have some history.
Staff
#21 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope he's not in Thor.  It would feel like a desperate move to connect Thor to the Avengers movies if they do.  Still, I trust in "Ken's" ability to make a good movie, so I'm sure he'd at least do it tactfully :)

#22 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

cool beans
#23 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14428 posts) - - Show Bio

i would liek a hawkeye cameo in something before avengers would of worked better with ironman but thor will do if done well

#24 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting....

#25 Posted by Kid_Zombie (824 posts) - - Show Bio
@ShadowFade: I personally like Pine for Captain America, but agree he would make a good hawkeye also. I love  Jeremy Renner as an actor, and think he would make a great hawkeye also. Pine for Cap America I say.
#26 Posted by sora_thekey (8173 posts) - - Show Bio
@Grim said:
"...why?  hopefully their just making a Hawkeye movie, or they're talking about him being in the Avengers movie. I don't think i would like any chain of events that would lead to Hawkeyes first appearance being in Thor. "

Samuel L. Jackson did his first appereance as Nick Fury in Iron Man... 

What's wrong with that?
#27 Posted by The Lobster (1512 posts) - - Show Bio

God I hope we get an appearance of Hawkeye in a Marvel movie sometime soon.

#28 Posted by King Quisling (1980 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man: Yeah, I hoped pretty much the same him. Appearing in an Iron Man movie with some sort of history with Black Widow would definitely make more sense than a random Thor cameo. 
#29 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

yay as long as hawkeye shows up somewhere along the way im happy

#30 Posted by Grim (2079 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" I hope he's not in Thor.  It would feel like a desperate move to connect Thor to the Avengers movies if they do..."
'GREED
#31 Posted by heroic_warrior76 (120 posts) - - Show Bio

I surely hope he will and I hope he will appear as Hawkeye not as Ronin.

#32 Posted by Kid_Zombie (824 posts) - - Show Bio
@heroic_warrior76:  He probably wont appear as either. He probably will be a shield agent working for Nick Fury. 
#33 Posted by Kid_Zombie (824 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man: 

From Empireonline.com

Empire released the interview, They asked him about the rumour that hes up for Cap America:

“I don’t know if I’d be right for Captain America. I met with the Marvel guys, actually, but we didn’t talk about Captain America. But one of the writers, Zak Penn, we’ve become friends over time and he was thinking maybe Hawkeye could be interesting. He sounds like an interesting character.”

“If I was a betting man, I would bet that Hawkeye would probably show up in Thor, and then be in The Avengers,” he said. “But do I know for sure? I can’t say. But I’d love for that to happen. It’d be fun.”

“No offer has been made,” he confirmed. “I think there’s a little ways from that.”

“I’m just happy to get considered for big franchise roles like that,” he said. “I’m not [doing the] casting. If they see me that way, right on. If they don’t, I’m ok with it.”
#34 Posted by Arcainite (27 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye as an Avenger before he's a villain is a BIG mistake.  Everyone knows that the reason Hawkeye is so cool is because he started off as a villain and the Avengers gave him a chance to redeem himself and he never ever let them down since.  They're going to butcher his character if he just suddenly starts off a hero.  Or are they abandoning Earth-616 altogether and just using the less popular Ultimate Marvel?
#35 Posted by The Symbiote Son (5 posts) - - Show Bio

i just hope they dont make him wear purple..

#36 Posted by Dark Cell (447 posts) - - Show Bio

seriously why dosent Ms Marvel make a cameo, that would be awesome!
#37 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

im thinking more towards the ultimate version of him

#38 Posted by Nelsonalot (65 posts) - - Show Bio

Dahmer is Jeremy Renner's masterpiece

#39 Posted by moxie-lane (37 posts) - - Show Bio

if he does appear in anything need a new actor and i hope mockingbird is somewhere in the picutre. i mean they could do a movie all about reunion if they had to :-P
#40 Posted by brc2000 (1679 posts) - - Show Bio

Whatever Clint Barton appears in this, I hope it's not the Ultimate version.

#41 Posted by Dark Sandman (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye's one of my favorite characters and I'm really hyped about seeing him in the big screen.  As for the actor I'd say Channing Tatum.  I heard G.I Joe sucked (not seen it yet), but he's cut out for this. I like Ackles too, but I don't think he's Hawkeye material. Even if he's dead funny. 

#42 Edited by Dr. Detfink (460 posts) - - Show Bio

With a black Heimdall, Asian Hogun...Asgard is now NYC a multi-ethnic cosmopolitan why not include Hawkeye in a Thor film? Branagh is obviously doing his thing and I think if he's going that route he needs to go the whole way. 

Brenner was also in the Hurt Locker by the director of Point Break. A seriously good flick.

#43 Posted by Dr. Detfink (460 posts) - - Show Bio

Will they kill him too in Avengers Dissembled and bring him back during M event? That always made no sense to me.

#44 Posted by aouric (188 posts) - - Show Bio

Like Renner and looking forward to Hawkeye's cameo!

Hawkeye
#45 Posted by grimreaper1980 (619 posts) - - Show Bio

wait and see

#46 Posted by Tony Rogers (86 posts) - - Show Bio

he better! i love hawkeye!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.