Follow

Hawkeye

Character » Hawkeye appears in 4820 issues.

Trained by criminals and inspired by heroes, Clint Barton has grown from a troubled youth into one of the greatest heroes on Earth. The world knows him best as Hawkeye: Earth's Mightiest Marksman. A member of the Avengers for many years, he has left the team on occasion because of team friction. But he always returns, ready to face any threat.

Will Hawkeye Have A Cameo In Thor?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    You're probably asking, what the heck does Hawkeye have to do with Thor?  He's in no way even close to an Asgardian.  You couldn't even say that Clint and Thor were best buddies or anything.  Apparently, a new rumor has surfaced that makes some sense.

Superherohype pointed out that in the latest issue of Empire Magazine, actor Jeremy Renner brought up Hawkeye.  He basically indicated that Marvel was looking for someone to do a cameo as Hawkeye in Thor when all the heroes get together (probably similar to Samuel L. Jackson's cameo at the end of Iron Man).

"Hawkeye could be interesting. They're going to send me some stuff on it, see what it is, but I think they're pretty awesome, trying to make superhero movies almost plausible and not just some fantasy thing."

I haven't actually read the latest issue of Empire Magazine so if someone has it, can you verify this quote?  It shouldn't be too big of a surprise if I said I would love for Hawkeye to show up.  It was in December 2008 that the rumor of Hawkeye and Black Widow appearing in Iron Man 2 surfaced.  Obviously we know that Black Widow made the cut.  Let's hope that we can soon see Hawkeye on the big screen.  As far as Jeremy Renner playing him, I don't know much about him so I can't comment on whether or not he'd be a good choice (he was in 28 Weeks Later).
    Grendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Grendel

Jeremy Renner is awesome. See "The Hurt Locker", it should be on DVD soon. Highly recommended. 

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By gmanfromheck

Yeah, I did hear that The Hurt Locker is supposed to be good.  I should look into it.

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By SevanGrim

...why?  
    hopefully their just making a Hawkeye movie, or they're talking about him being in the Avengers movie. I don't think i would like any chain of events that would lead to Hawkeyes first appearance being in Thor.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @Grim: The idea would be that Hawkeye and maybe others would appear at the end and talk to Thor about joining the Avengers.  Then we'd see him in The Avengers movie.  Obviously we won't get a full Hawkeye movie right now but if he does appear here and in the Avengers, maybe they'd think about a spin-off afterward to keep things going.
    crazywolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By crazywolf

Sounds interesting for a cameo at the end of the credits

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SevanGrim
    @G-Man: i guess... but id still rather it just be Fury and maybe Stark. i dont mean to be a pooper, i just dont want this getting out of hand. If they keep this stuff up, the end of Captain America will have a 15 man avengers line-up standing in Steve's foyer presenting a power point on the healthcare benefits the Avengers offer.  
     sarcasm aside, i feel like the Avenger's movie should be about the team joining up, instead of the G.I. Joe route of a pre-established team. Every good Avengers team was brought together by some awesome event, and i would rather see that bring them together than Stark, Fury, and General Ross in a conference room with a stack of files. Also, as cool as Hawkeye is, tossing him in to the next blockbuster is a pretty random push. I mean, he's not SO well known/popular/important that putting him in the movie would make the fans stand up and scream. I think Hawkeye at the end of Thor would have the same effect as Wolverines random appearance in Japan at the end of his film. The fans know what it is, but no ones gonna care till it happens for real.

...but maybe im just not the guy to talk about this. My only loyalties to Marvel are with the old stories and characters, and needless to say, Marvel hasn't been catering to my loyalties as of late... 
    Kid_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kid_Zombie

Nice! 
    Jeremy Renner would be a perfect Hawkeye, Just a quick correction G-man hes in 28 WEEKS later not days ha ha, anyways ya hes awesome, and Hurt locker was one of my favorite movies this year it was very very good. I think this could work at the end, just have him standing with Nick Fury.

Love Hawkman, especially of late hes becoming more and more interesting. LOVE modern Marvel!

Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Moomin123

I think Hawkeye could make a cameo in Thor. Jeremy Renner would be good for Hawkeye.
    Adam Michaels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Adam Michaels

Jeremy Renner looks the part, so that makes him a plus in my book. 

But, I am very curious to see how they fit him into Thor. I know he says it's just one of those 1 scene cameos, so he doesn't need to be involved in the film's story.  

I just think it would have been more fitting to have him show up in Iron Man 2. After all, Hawkeye made his first appearance in comics in the Iron Man series and the character was first attached to Black Widow.  

But, I trust Marvel Studios and everything they're doing, so I won't worry about it.
    ShadowFade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ShadowFade

WHAT! He is my favorite avenger in the 616 and Ultimate Universe. Although, I would rather see Chris Pine or Jensen Ackles play Hawkeye personally. You think Mockingbird would make a cameo or should they keep her for a solo movie about Hawkeye?   

Chris Pine or Jensen Ackles  for Hawkeye!
     Chris Pine or Jensen Ackles  for Hawkeye!
    Man of Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Man of Lengend

SOOOO awsome clint is one of my favorite marvel characters of all time
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By joshmightbe

id love to see hawkeye in the avengers movie and id also appreciate it if theyd let clint be hawkeye in the comics again bullseye is cool and all but i like him much better as bullseye

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By goldenkey

I was wondering why it seemed like they were not keeping Hawkeye in the Avengers movie.  It made nooooo sense considering how much the character is liked, and especially with how they are treating him in the Ulimate U, it can be done easily. 
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PrinceIMC

Any cameos and connections to the Avengers movie are A-OK with me.....though I also kinda hope they'll sneak Hank Pym in somewhere seeing as he's a founding Avenger. They better not try doing an Avengers movie without him, maybe he'll show up in Captain America then since I have no clue on the status of the Ant-Man movie.

Bruce Vain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Bruce Vain

Personally I always wanted Brad Pitt as Hawkeye, but I never thought about Jeremy Renner for the part. Now reading this article I'm hoping it is true that he will make a small appearance in Thor's movie. Can't have Iron Man get all the sweet cameo's ha ha

King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By King Quisling

What happened to Hawkeye in Iron Man 2? >:-( Why would he be in Thor first of all movies? Who knows. Could Hawkeyes costume be pulled off on film? Definitely. Will the creators behind the movie cop out and just make him like Hawkeye from The Ultimates? Most likely. 

HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#17  Edited By HaloKing343

That'd be sweet. Hawkeye in Thor! Yeah!

Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mutant X

It would be awesome if this actually happened. Hawkeye rocks.

drawme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By drawme

I love cameos

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @King Quisling: There's been no mention of Hawkeye in Iron Man 2 since that rumor first came out a year ago.  Part of me has been hoping that this is just a super-well kept secret but I doubt it.  Unless they film it at the last minute like they did with Sam Jackson.  I was hoping he and Black Widow would appear together since they have some history.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#21  Edited By xerox_kitty

I hope he's not in Thor.  It would feel like a desperate move to connect Thor to the Avengers movies if they do.  Still, I trust in "Ken's" ability to make a good movie, so I'm sure he'd at least do it tactfully :)

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

cool beans
    EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23  Edited By EdwardWindsor

i would liek a hawkeye cameo in something before avengers would of worked better with ironman but thor will do if done well

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24  Edited By InnerVenom123

Interesting....

Kid_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Kid_Zombie
    @ShadowFade: I personally like Pine for Captain America, but agree he would make a good hawkeye also. I love  Jeremy Renner as an actor, and think he would make a great hawkeye also. Pine for Cap America I say.
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#26  Edited By sora_thekey
    @Grim said:
    "...why?  hopefully their just making a Hawkeye movie, or they're talking about him being in the Avengers movie. I don't think i would like any chain of events that would lead to Hawkeyes first appearance being in Thor. "

Samuel L. Jackson did his first appereance as Nick Fury in Iron Man... 

What's wrong with that?
    The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#27  Edited By The Lobster

God I hope we get an appearance of Hawkeye in a Marvel movie sometime soon.

King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By King Quisling
    @G-Man: Yeah, I hoped pretty much the same him. Appearing in an Iron Man movie with some sort of history with Black Widow would definitely make more sense than a random Thor cameo. 
    DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29  Edited By DH69

yay as long as hawkeye shows up somewhere along the way im happy

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SevanGrim
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " I hope he's not in Thor.  It would feel like a desperate move to connect Thor to the Avengers movies if they do..."
    'GREED
    Avatar image for heroic_warrior76
    heroic_warrior76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By heroic_warrior76

I surely hope he will and I hope he will appear as Hawkeye not as Ronin.

No Caption Provided
    Kid_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Kid_Zombie
    @heroic_warrior76:  He probably wont appear as either. He probably will be a shield agent working for Nick Fury. 
    Kid_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Kid_Zombie
    @G-Man: 

From Empireonline.com

Empire released the interview, They asked him about the rumour that hes up for Cap America:

“I don’t know if I’d be right for Captain America. I met with the Marvel guys, actually, but we didn’t talk about Captain America. But one of the writers, Zak Penn, we’ve become friends over time and he was thinking maybe Hawkeye could be interesting. He sounds like an interesting character.”

“If I was a betting man, I would bet that Hawkeye would probably show up in Thor, and then be in The Avengers,” he said. “But do I know for sure? I can’t say. But I’d love for that to happen. It’d be fun.”

“No offer has been made,” he confirmed. “I think there’s a little ways from that.”

“I’m just happy to get considered for big franchise roles like that,” he said. “I’m not [doing the] casting. If they see me that way, right on. If they don’t, I’m ok with it.”
    Arcainite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Arcainite

Hawkeye as an Avenger before he's a villain is a BIG mistake.  Everyone knows that the reason Hawkeye is so cool is because he started off as a villain and the Avengers gave him a chance to redeem himself and he never ever let them down since.  They're going to butcher his character if he just suddenly starts off a hero.  Or are they abandoning Earth-616 altogether and just using the less popular Ultimate Marvel?
    Avatar image for deactivated-6092e825c7670
    deactivated-6092e825c7670

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i just hope they dont make him wear purple..

Dark Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36  Edited By Dark Cell

seriously why dosent Ms Marvel make a cameo, that would be awesome!
    DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37  Edited By DH69

im thinking more towards the ultimate version of him

Nelsonalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#38  Edited By Nelsonalot

Dahmer is Jeremy Renner's masterpiece

moxie-lane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By moxie-lane

if he does appear in anything need a new actor and i hope mockingbird is somewhere in the picutre. i mean they could do a movie all about reunion if they had to :-P
    brc2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#40  Edited By brc2000

Whatever Clint Barton appears in this, I hope it's not the Ultimate version.

Dark Sandman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Dark Sandman

Hawkeye's one of my favorite characters and I'm really hyped about seeing him in the big screen.  As for the actor I'd say Channing Tatum.  I heard G.I Joe sucked (not seen it yet), but he's cut out for this. I like Ackles too, but I don't think he's Hawkeye material. Even if he's dead funny. 

Dr. Detfink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#42  Edited By Dr. Detfink

With a black Heimdall, Asian Hogun...Asgard is now NYC a multi-ethnic cosmopolitan why not include Hawkeye in a Thor film? Branagh is obviously doing his thing and I think if he's going that route he needs to go the whole way. 

Brenner was also in the Hurt Locker by the director of Point Break. A seriously good flick.

Dr. Detfink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#43  Edited By Dr. Detfink

Will they kill him too in Avengers Dissembled and bring him back during M event? That always made no sense to me.

aouric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By aouric

Like Renner and looking forward to Hawkeye's cameo!

Hawkeye
    Hawkeye
    grimreaper1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#45  Edited By grimreaper1980

wait and see

Tony Rogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Tony Rogers

he better! i love hawkeye!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.