Follow

Hawkeye

Character » Hawkeye appears in 4818 issues.

Trained by criminals and inspired by heroes, Clint Barton has grown from a troubled youth into one of the greatest heroes on Earth. The world knows him best as Hawkeye: Earth's Mightiest Marksman. A member of the Avengers for many years, he has left the team on occasion because of team friction. But he always returns, ready to face any threat.

Ronin or Hawkeye

• 52 results
    Omega King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Omega King

Which one do you prefer?

Drafta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Drafta

Ronin.

Omega King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Omega King

Ronin

DPNugget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By DPNugget

Hawkeye
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
    deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

Hard to say they both have qualities, but I would have to go with Hawkeye his original alias

Aronmorales

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Aronmorales

Hawkeye.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#7  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Hawkeye.Clint was the man before he took that costume.

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By geraldthesloth
    @Vance Astro said:
    " Hawkeye.Clint was the man before he took that costume. "
    Lyrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lyrad

I say Hawkeye.  Ronin, to me doesn't have...... The Charisma.... The cockyness.   I actually dislike the ronin suit, it doesn't feel complete to me, it looks like a suit he has just to bide his time...... If that makes sense.
    Whiplash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Whiplash

Hawkeye.Ronin is pretty kick ass as well but you can't mess with an original.
    The Hottness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The Hottness

Hawkeye    
    Avatar image for the_devil_tiger
    The Devil Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By The Devil Tiger

Hawkeye. Clint was an already awesome character before he took the ronin costume.
    Man of Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Man of Lengend

ronin he became one of my favorites  when clint took the costume
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Nova`Prime`

I would have to go with Hawkeye. Although I can see why he took on the name Ronan, especially after his good friend and boss was "killed".

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#15  Edited By The_Martian
    @Vance Astro said:
    Agreed. As Ronin, he whines way to much. I mean he still hasn't gotten over Scarlet Witch attacking the Avengers.
    Watch Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Watch Dog

Hawkeye and when the real Cap returns Cap will unite the real Avengers with Thor, Ironman, and Clint back as Hawkeye.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Nobody said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    Agreed. As Ronin, he whines way to much. I mean he still hasn't gotten over Scarlet Witch attacking the Avengers. "
    People say that about all the New Avengers.They have a reason to be whining.Not getting over what Scarlet Witch did to the Avengers is understandable.She killed him twice and complete disbanded what was the greatest superhero team in the Marvel Universe.They had it made before M-Day.The Avengers haven't been right since.Then Civil War happened.
    Dredd Judge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Dredd Judge

Ronin. I just like ninjas or samurais or wich ever he is, I'm confused on it because they call him a ninja but his name means "masterless samurai"
    dudebrahangel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By dudebrahangel

Hawkeye. Hands Down. He's been my favorite character since 1993, when I learned to friggin read. It blows my mind that he has been written so badly out of character and nobody tells Bendis that he's an idiot. But I guess kids eat up that ninja gimmick... even though it never really fit Clint Barton

cjhanz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By cjhanz

ronin looks cooler but i like hawkeye better arrows and all that are mean but ya know wat he would get his ass handed to him in a fight with green arrow

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

He should combine them.He should keep the Ronin costume and later get some trick arrows.

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By EdwardWindsor

^ i like this idea ronin is bad ass but hawkeyes arrow mixed with some martial arts weapons would make clint properly bad ass

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Hawkeye, though i do like the Ronin costume to

HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#24  Edited By HaloKing343

I don't understand Ronin

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By PrinceIMC

If Ronin carried a bow and arrow I think it would be complete.

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#26  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
    @DPNugget said:
    " Hawkeye "
    Dark Sandman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Dark Sandman

Well the Hawkeye costume was certainly doing the trick back in the 90's, but for this more "mature" and generally colorless era of heroes we live in I'd say Ronin. Makes him look more like a bad-ass anyway. Doesn't matter if he took from a girl though, everyone thought she was a man.

King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By King Quisling

Hawkeye, Hawkeye Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawkeye! I can't even recall the last time Clint cracked a joke that actually made me laugh. Plus he's the worlds mightiest marksman and he rarely picks up a bow anymore! >:( Why just because he isn't Hawkeye anymore does he not rock his bow & quiver? Maybe I would be more fond of him as Ronin if he actually used his full potential, I know he's great at H2H and he's practically a weapons master but it's not him. Ronin got boring fast, faster than Clint as Goliath. I really don't mind Kate as Hawkeye but she could never fill his shoes. And, I couldn't care less about Bulleye playing dress-up. For me, Clint will always be at his best as Hawkeye. 

DP812

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29  Edited By DP812

Hawkeye, hands down. Making him Ronin is completely ridiculous and somewhat offensive to anyone who understands Japanese culture (which Bendis clearly doesn't). Clint has never been a samurai and hasn't lost any master, so the whole Ronin thing just stinks of Bendis thinking the name and the costume are "kewl." 

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @DP812 said:
    " Hawkeye, hands down. Making him Ronin is completely ridiculous and somewhat offensive to anyone who understands Japanese culture (which Bendis clearly doesn't). Clint has never been a samurai and hasn't lost any master, so the whole Ronin thing just stinks of Bendis thinking the name and the costume are "kewl."  "
    I hate Bendis as much as the next person but this is completely ridiculous.Understanding Japanese culture wouldn't help you further understand the meaning of the word "Ronin" Second of all.It would appear that you don't fully understand it's meaning either because the word "Ronin" isn't limited to the Samurai or a martial artist like a Ninja whom has lost or fled from their master.Also Clint did lose his master.Read Civil War.Captain America personally trained Clint and is now dead."Ronin" refers to any student that doesn't have an institution or "sensei"\master to serve under.Which would apply to both Echo and Clint. 

@King Quisling said:
    " Plus he's the worlds mightiest marksman and he rarely picks up a bow anymore!
    Actually that would be Bullseye....
    King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By King Quisling
    @Vance Astro: Granted. Although the guys at my LCS, my bud Mario and I agree that after his run in Thunderbolts he'll never be what he once was. IDK if you read it but he took a shock to his central nervous system then took a beating from American Eagle.  His reflexes and coordination are permanently damaged. He probably is okay with using just the bow because he isn't that great at just throwing things anymore. At least not over long distances. :-/ 
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @King Quisling said:
    " @Vance Astro: Granted. Although the guys at my LCS, my bud Mario and I after his run in Thunderbolts he'll never be what he once was. IDK if you read it but he took a shock to his central nervous system then took a beating from American Eagle.  His reflexes and coordination are permanently damaged. He probably is okay with using just the bow because he isn't that great at just throwing things anymore. At least not over long distances. :-/  "
    Well if you read the Spider-Man issue where the Thunderbolts fought Spider-Man you would see Bullseye is still one of the best if not still the best.Not everybody can hit Spider-Man with something they threw.
    King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By King Quisling
    @Vance Astro: Yeah, we took that into consideration. I figured he either caught it cuz Spidey wasn't exactly on his A game or New Ways to Die took place prior to the Steel Spider/American Eagle arc in T-Bolts. Marvels title sometimes don't synch so well. I'm not saying he totally sucks now, he killed rats with his boogers in American Son, he just will never be as quick or accurate as he once was. I'd look for the exact ish in which Osborn states that but I'm lazy. It's like issue Thuderbolts 115 or 116. Also if you read Dark Reign:Elektra you'd notice he was definitely off his game. IDK if you noticed but he's been getting injured a lot lately. :P 
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By iLLituracy

Hawkeye. Clint isn't a ninja...and Ronin doesn't even refer to ninja. Know what? I hate the Ronin persona altogether.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @King Quisling said:
    " @Vance Astro: Yeah, we took that into consideration. I figured he either caught it cuz Spidey wasn't exactly on his A game or New Ways to Die took place prior to the Steel Spider/American Eagle arc in T-Bolts. Marvels title sometimes don't synch so well. I'm not saying he totally sucks now, he killed rats with his boogers in American Son, he just will never be as quick or accurate as he once was. I'd look for the exact ish in which Osborn states that but I'm lazy. It's like issue Thuderbolts 115 or 116. Also if you read Dark Reign:Elektra you'd notice he was definitely off his game. IDK if you noticed but he's been getting injured a lot lately. :P  "
    I don't see what you're seeing.Bullseye's fighting skill may have gone down but their is nothing wrong with his accuracy.His showings in New Ways to Die couldn't have been before the America Eagle incident because New Ways to Die precedes One More Day which took place going into Secret Invasion.Bullseye gets injured alot because he's the bad guy.He's always getting injured that was part of his character even before he joined the T-bolts.How do you think he got that adamantium spine.You think they just gave him that as a gift? No,Daredevil dropped him on his head and paralyzed him.
    King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By King Quisling
    @Vance Astro: Think about it prior to T-Bolts he only missed if he wanted to or if he was up against DD. Which would make him go nuts which would usually lead to him getting stomped. I've seen him kill someone at ground level with a penny from the top of the empire state building, plug a grenade's pinhole with a toothpick and some pretty other wild stuff. Now he misses more than ever and it doesn't bother him. I'm telling you he isn't as fast or accurate anymore but he knows it. Why do you think it doesn't bother him much anymore when he misses?   

Oh yeah, I can agree with you that it probably doesn't proceed the American Eagle fight but it was the only explanation we could come up with. It was either that or we just face that it's bad writing. :P  (Not gonna lie, New Ways to Die was kinda upsetting.) 
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @King Quisling said:
    " @Vance Astro: Think about it prior to T-Bolts he only missed if he wanted to or if he was up against DD. Which would make him go nuts which would usually lead to him getting stomped. I've seen him kill someone at ground level with a penny from the top of the empire state building, plug a grenade's pinhole with a toothpick and some pretty other wild stuff. Now he misses more than ever and it doesn't bother him. I'm telling you he isn't as fast or accurate anymore but he knows it. Why do you think it doesn't bother him much anymore when he misses?    Oh yeah, I can agree with you that it probably doesn't proceed the American Eagle fight but it was the only explanation we could come up with. It was either that or we just face that it's bad writing. :P  (Not gonna lie, New Ways to Die was kinda upsetting.)  "
    That's not really true.He's missed plenty of characters below DD's level simply because they dodged. 
    It doesn't bother Bullseye when he misses because Bendis is writing for him.Did you ever stop and think that Bendis just can't write? Didn't you realize during his Mighty Avengers run he has characters missing powers? Not to even mention what he did to Sentry and what he's still doing.He went from "Most Powerful Being on the Planet" to...well..nothing.He doesn't do anything but die or run off and come back.Aside from what was shown for him in Deadpool Bendis is the only one who makes Bullseye look like a villain who has lost his touch.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @iLLituracy said:
    "and Ronin doesn't even refer to ninja
    It's not specific to anyone thing and very well could be applied to Ninja.
    King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By King Quisling
    @Vance Astro: Touche. :P But it was Ellis who wrote that he'd never be what he used to be. Like I was thinking of all prime examples of him losing his skill and yeah most of them were either Dark Reign or Dark Avengers stuff. Like the one that really bothered me was Bulls using like 10 arrows to take down Morgan Le Fay when the Bulls I know would of only needed one. 
    Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
    They Killed Cap!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By They Killed Cap!

I have only recently started following Avengers closely and I have to say...with that, I never really new Hawkeye the way I do Ronin...I think Ronin is awesome the times I have seen him.
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By iLLituracy
    @Vance Astro said:

" @iLLituracy said:

It's not specific to anyone thing and very well could be applied to Ninja. "
    The only time I've ever heard Ronin used is when you refer to a students or samurai. You can't really apply it to Ninja because Ninja primarily operated in clans, they didn't really have masters past those who taught them. A relationship between a Ninja's master and a Samurai's master is significantly different, when a Samurai's master dies, they're supposed to commit ritualistic suicide [Hara-Kiri/Seppuku]. In fact, in most cases, becoming a Ronin is a shameful thing and not something to be celebrated, at all.

Quoted from Wikipedia:

A rōnin ( 浪人 ) was a samurai with no lord or master during the feudal period (1185–1868) of Japan. A samurai became masterless from the ruin or fall of his master, or after the loss of his master's favor or privilege.

The etymology of the word could allow it to be applied to other things outside of samurai, neither of the characters in the word means samurai, the second character, "Jin/Shin" means person or man. The first means wave, though. Which refers to when a Ronin's master died and the samurai would flee his master's territory to avoid holding up the code of Bushido and kill himself.

When it's applied to school and students, it's a person who graduates High School but doesn't pass entrance exams for college and has to wait a whole year before retaking the exams but they still continue studies on their own.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @iLLituracy said:

" @Vance Astro said:

" @iLLituracy said:

The only time I've ever heard Ronin used is when you refer to a students 
    There you go. 

(Also in regards to Ninja's.Daredevil is a Ninja and he didn't operate in a clan he was trained by Stick and then the rest of the Chaste later on but he's a solo character,which would make DD a Ronin with his master dead.He's a student of Ninjutsu without a teacher\master)
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By iLLituracy
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @iLLituracy said:

" @Vance Astro said:

" @iLLituracy said:

There you go.  (Also in regards to Ninja's.Daredevil is a Ninja and he didn't operate in a clan he was trained by Stick and then the rest of the Chaste later on but he's a solo character,which would make DD a Ronin with his master dead.He's a student of Ninjutsu without a teacher\master) "
    Yeah, but we're talking about students in a educational setting. Not students in general. Either way, Clint isn't really Ronin in any sense. His primary teacher was Swordsman and Trickshot [I think], Cap oversaw his teachings as an Avenger, but Cap was hardly a master.

Daredevil received unconventional teachings. He's a ninja in the sense that he moves like one, he has their skills, the ability to operate like they do, but he's hardly a ninja in the sense that he's hired to kill people. That goes without saying. When I was referring to Ninja and clans, I was referring to history, not to comics directly, but even in the comics they operate in clans or organization, which is why even in the comics Daredevil isn't a ninja in the literal sense [well, he wasn't until he became leader of the Hand, now someone can say he's a ninja in the literal sense].

Ronin isn't a title you SEEK to gain. Ronin is a shameful title, is what I was getting at. Ronin usually means that you failed to uphold Bushido or that you failed the entrance exams. When it's applied to other things, it kind of loses it's point because Ronin does not literally mean "Masterless Person" it means "Wave Person". A Ninja without his master is still a Ninja, that's the way that Ninja operate.

Either way, it doesn't to apply to Clint, and it didn't apply to Maya, either. She wasn't a ninja.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @iLLituracy said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @iLLituracy said:

" @Vance Astro said:

" @iLLituracy said:

There you go.  (Also in regards to Ninja's.Daredevil is a Ninja and he didn't operate in a clan he was trained by Stick and then the rest of the Chaste later on but he's a solo character,which would make DD a Ronin with his master dead.He's a student of Ninjutsu without a teacher\master) "
    Yeah, but we're talking about students in a educational setting. Not students in general. Either way, Clint isn't really Ronin in any sense. His primary teacher was Swordsman and Trickshot [I think], Cap oversaw his teachings as an Avenger, but Cap was hardly a master.  Daredevil received unconventional teachings. He's a ninja in the sense that he moves like one, he has their skills, the ability to operate like they do, but he's hardly a ninja in the sense that he's hired to kill people. That goes without saying. When I was referring to Ninja and clans, I was referring to history, not to comics directly, but even in the comics they operate in clans or organization, which is why even in the comics Daredevil isn't a ninja in the literal sense [well, he wasn't until he became leader of the Hand, now someone can say he's a ninja in the literal sense]. Ronin isn't a title you SEEK to gain. Ronin is a shameful title, is what I was getting at. Ronin usually means that you failed to uphold Bushido or that you failed the entrance exams. When it's applied to other things, it kind of loses it's point because Ronin does not literally mean "Masterless Person" it means "Wave Person". A Ninja without his master is still a Ninja, that's the way that Ninja operate.  Either way, it doesn't to apply to Clint, and it didn't apply to Maya, either. She wasn't a ninja. "
    Since when isn't Cap a master of h2h combat? 
    I understand what you're saying but I wasn't saying that Clint or Maya were Ninja's.My point was that they are both students of some art for with no masters and I know what the word means.I read the same wiki page you did  :) All i'm saying is that Bendis was just using it in an unconventional sense much like how the movie Ronin with Robert De Niro used it.The basis was a mercenary with no master\employer\boss.My other point was simply that the name didn't just apply to samurais.Which you know.
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By iLLituracy
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @iLLituracy said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @iLLituracy said:

" @Vance Astro said:

" @iLLituracy said:

Yeah, but we're talking about students in a educational setting. Not students in general. Either way, Clint isn't really Ronin in any sense. His primary teacher was Swordsman and Trickshot [I think], Cap oversaw his teachings as an Avenger, but Cap was hardly a master.  Daredevil received unconventional teachings. He's a ninja in the sense that he moves like one, he has their skills, the ability to operate like they do, but he's hardly a ninja in the sense that he's hired to kill people. That goes without saying. When I was referring to Ninja and clans, I was referring to history, not to comics directly, but even in the comics they operate in clans or organization, which is why even in the comics Daredevil isn't a ninja in the literal sense [well, he wasn't until he became leader of the Hand, now someone can say he's a ninja in the literal sense]. Ronin isn't a title you SEEK to gain. Ronin is a shameful title, is what I was getting at. Ronin usually means that you failed to uphold Bushido or that you failed the entrance exams. When it's applied to other things, it kind of loses it's point because Ronin does not literally mean "Masterless Person" it means "Wave Person". A Ninja without his master is still a Ninja, that's the way that Ninja operate.  Either way, it doesn't to apply to Clint, and it didn't apply to Maya, either. She wasn't a ninja. "
    Since when isn't Cap a master of h2h combat? 
    I understand what you're saying but I wasn't saying that Clint or Maya were Ninja's.My point was that they are both students of some art for with no masters and I know what the word means.I read the same wiki page you did  :) All i'm saying is that Bendis was just using it in an unconventional sense much like how the movie Ronin with Robert De Niro used it.The basis was a mercenary with no master\employer\boss.My other point was simply that the name didn't just apply to samurais.Which you know. "
    I didn't say it as Cap wasn't a master of hand to hand combat, I said it as Cap wasn't that much of a master to Clint.

I barely remember what sense they used Ronin in the movie, but I guess it made sense when it comes to Maya who was thrown into the Japanese underground and didn't have much contact with the Avengers or old contacts. It makes less sense with Clint.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @iLLituracy said:
    I didn't say it as Cap wasn't a master of hand to hand combat, I said it as Cap wasn't that much of a master to Clint.  I barely remember what sense they used Ronin in the movie, but I guess it made sense when it comes to Maya who was thrown into the Japanese underground and didn't have much contact with the Avengers or old contacts. It makes less sense with Clint. "
    Cap is what made Clint Ronin.He taught him to use other weapons other than Swords and arrows and trained him in h2h combat. 
    The name "Ronin" makes sense for Clint when you make that connection and aren't reading so far into it.Bendis meant it as "Masterless Warrior" and without Cap he is masterless.He never makes reference to his training from Trickshot or Swordman or even Black Widow.He credits Cap in that respect.Thus the flashback in Fallen Son where Cap stomps Hawkeye and and tells him he will learn to fight and the short fight with Bucky where he says "Cap taught me that move too".Maya never really had master at all she has photgraphic reflexes.She taught herself to fight.
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By iLLituracy
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @iLLituracy said:
    I didn't say it as Cap wasn't a master of hand to hand combat, I said it as Cap wasn't that much of a master to Clint.  I barely remember what sense they used Ronin in the movie, but I guess it made sense when it comes to Maya who was thrown into the Japanese underground and didn't have much contact with the Avengers or old contacts. It makes less sense with Clint. "
    Cap is what made Clint Ronin.He taught him to use other weapons other than Swords and arrows and trained him in h2h combat. The name "Ronin" makes sense for Clint when you make that connection and aren't reading so far into it.Bendis meant it as "Masterless Warrior" and without Cap he is masterless.He never makes reference to his training from Trickshot or Swordman or even Black Widow.He credits Cap in that respect.Thus the flashback in Fallen Son where Cap stomps Hawkeye and and tells him he will learn to fight and the short fight with Bucky where he says "Cap taught me that move too".Maya never really had master at all she has photgraphic reflexes.She taught herself to fight. "
    Yeah, I actually meant to mention when Cap was teaching Hawkeye, but it never made it into my post. It was the only instance I could think of that had Cap being a dominant master-figure over Clint. Otherwise Clint is usually dismissive and rebellious when it comes to his fellow Avengers and Cap. They've always been more like peers to me. But that's neither here nor there, I understand that it's not a Ronin in the literal sense since...well, he can't be. But it just all feels like such a bastardization of the word. It pertains some meaning to Clint if you factor in Cap and some to Maya if you refer to the movie, but it just seems wrong when you look at the actual meaning of the word. It isn't a fit for either of them. Wolverine makes more sense than either of them do.

Sometimes it even feels like Bendis was just all-- "Hey, Ronin sounds cool. Who doesn't like Robert De Niro movies? It has 'nin' in it."
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By DEGRAAF

i like ronin. I like his outfit and attitude better but still uses the attributes of hawkeye
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @iLLituracy said: 

Yeah, I actually meant to mention when Cap was teaching Hawkeye, but it never made it into my post. It was the only instance I could think of that had Cap being a dominant master-figure over Clint. Otherwise Clint is usually dismissive and rebellious when it comes to his fellow Avengers and Cap. They've always been more like peers to me. But that's neither here nor there, I understand that it's not a Ronin in the literal sense since...well, he can't be. But it just all feels like such a bastardization of the word. It pertains some meaning to Clint if you factor in Cap and some to Maya if you refer to the movie, but it just seems wrong when you look at the actual meaning of the word. It isn't a fit for either of them. Wolverine makes more sense than either of them do. Sometimes it even feels like Bendis was just all-- "Hey, Ronin sounds cool. Who doesn't like Robert De Niro movies? It has 'nin' in it." "

Wolverine makes sense using the name Ronin if you are still trying to apply a technical definition.I don't like Bendis but I feel like people are trying to make it seems as if he was being disrespectful for taking the word and using it how he wanted.It's not a big deal.From Hawkeye's transition he at least tried to give the name meaning and purpose and didn't just name him Ronin for the hell of it.    
    Man of Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#50  Edited By Man of Lengend

i like ronin better for clint and he uses arrows it compleets him .... i also like ultimate hawkeye

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.