Questions about Hawkeye ???

#1 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1276 posts) - - Show Bio

I have some questions about Hawkeye?  
 
1) I found out that he was also Goliath and Ronin. Anyway if he can grow like Hank then can he shrink to? 
 
2) Is it true that Hawkeye is going blind?
#2 Posted by joshmightbe (25051 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kid_Omega_Prime: He can't alter his size anymore and I don't know about number 2 
#3 Posted by The New L (78 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a question. Is he still married to Mockingbird?
#4 Posted by Loki9876 (3053 posts) - - Show Bio
@The New L: no he is divorced
@Kid_Omega_Prime
in hawkeye blindspot he was going blind i don't know if they allreaady dealt with the problem or not i allways collect tpb's so i haven't read it yet
#5 Posted by cattlebattle (13202 posts) - - Show Bio

He was never able to shrink in Yellowjacket form.....I think
 
His vision is fine now

#6 Edited by SleepyDrug (75 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye was able to shrink when serving as Goliath during Operation: Galactic Storm.  It has also been well-established that he does not have permanent size-changing powers.  Hank and Jan absorbed Pym Particles into thier bodies after years of use.  Clint hasn't.
#7 Posted by frozenedge (1331 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye's vision is fine now. I don't know if he could shrink like Hank or Janet could though

#8 Posted by ntb1124 (949 posts) - - Show Bio

He and Mockingbird didn't get divorced did they?  I thought they were still married when Mephesto killed her?

#9 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1276 posts) - - Show Bio

I found this info on Hawkeye. Maybe you all will find it interesting.

 

 

Size Alteration: Thanks to the works of Hank Pym, Barton had the abilities as Goliath to use Pym Particles to grow to immense size or shrink to tiny proportions. The Particles would interact with the electrical impulses of his brain, creating an organism-wide "growth field" or "reducing field."

The growth process required the rapid acquisition of bodily mass, presumably from an extra-dimensional source. This extra-dimensional mass fortified all of his cellular tissue, including his bones and muscles, enabling him to support his increased weight, and giving him superhuman strength.

Via the shrinking process, Barton could shrink down to a size as low as one half-inch in height. Usually, he did not compress his mass into his smaller size. Instead his mass was extended into an extra-physical dimension that is opened by the activating of the Pym Particles, from which the mass could later be reclaimed. Strangely, because his mass was extended extra-dimensionally when he was at reduced size, Barton retained full human-size strength at that size.

Unlike Pym or the Wasp, he was never exposed to Pym Particles long enough to control his size at will, and thus had to use gas capsules infused with the Particles to shrink, grow, or revert to normal size.

#10 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
Another question Ill just add to this thread about Hawkeye. In the Battle Forums someone had stated that Hawkeye is at peak human levels...is this true?
#11 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13642 posts) - - Show Bio
@ntb1124 said:
He and Mockingbird didn't get divorced did they?  I thought they were still married when Mephesto killed her?
Mephisto killed a skrull posing as her. not the ral mockingbird who is alive and well with the new Avengers
#12 Edited by Omegus (191 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@ntb1124 said:

He and Mockingbird didn't get divorced did they?  I thought they were still married when Mephesto killed her?
Mephisto killed a skrull posing as her. not the real mockingbird who is alive and well with the new Avengers
Also before Mockingbird was taken and switched by the Skrulls she was about to get the divorce finalised.
 
 
@Kallarkz said:

Another question Ill just add to this thread about Hawkeye. In the Battle Forums someone had stated that Hawkeye is at peak human levels...is this true?


While Hawkeye has no superhuman powers (with the exception of the period when using Pym Particles  to become Goliath), he is at the very peak of human conditioning; he is an exceptional fencer, acrobat and a grandmaster marksman, having been trained from childhood in the circus and by the criminals Trickshot and Jacques DuQuesne (Swordsman) . Hawkeye has also been thoroughly trained by Captain America in tactics, martial arts, and hand-to-hand combat. Hawkeye excels in the use of ranged weapons, especially the bow and arrow, and carries a quiver containing a number of customized trick arrows. In his role as Ronin, Barton shows great proficiency with the katana and other melee weapons.
 
This is from wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawkeye_%28comics%29 
this is under powers and abilities. Hawkeye was first noticed on his abilities and being in peak condition in the thunderbolts issue when Hawkeye and Moonstone did some training and she kisses him. (I'm pretty sure). The marvel universe has made countless minoir mentions every once in a while as does the fan collective.
#13 Posted by MetropolisKid41 (515 posts) - - Show Bio

Totally unrelated to your questions but just a fun piece of trivia for me, his birthplace in his fictional character biography is my hometown! Waverly, IA! And now you know...and knowings half the battle!

#14 Posted by Omertalvendetta (395 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone know where in comics does his costume change occur? I'm trying to find the issue (if there is one) where he decides that he no longer wants that ridiculous H on his mask and wants to look like Jeremy Renner? Thanks you all much!!!

#15 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3939 posts) - - Show Bio

@Omertalvendetta said:

Does anyone know where in comics does his costume change occur? I'm trying to find the issue (if there is one) where he decides that he no longer wants that ridiculous H on his mask and wants to look like Jeremy Renner? Thanks you all much!!!

Hmmm, toughie. I know that he was in one issue of Avengers Academy in one costume and in the next, another. His main book that he features in, The Avengers by Bendis; didn't have a mention to it, though I could be wrong... I was under the impression that they didn't give it any notice and it happened off panel... hmmm, I might have a look.

@Omegus: Good sourcing. Clint gets so much flack from people but he is very exceptional...

@SleepyDrug said:

Hawkeye was able to shrink when serving as Goliath during Operation: Galactic Storm. It has also been well-established that he does not have permanent size-changing powers. Hank and Jan absorbed Pym Particles into thier bodies after years of use. Clint hasn't.

Yes, didn't Clint have to keep taking the Particles in order to get the powers? And like you said, Jan and Hank were infused with them.

@MetropolisKid41 said:

Totally unrelated to your questions but just a fun piece of trivia for me, his birthplace in his fictional character biography is my hometown! Waverly, IA! And now you know...and knowings half the battle!

That is a fun fact ^_^

#16 Posted by Omegus (191 posts) - - Show Bio

here is a new question why does Hawkeye suck as a teach (Avengers Academy) ok pretty good as superspy (Secret Avengers) Amazing when solo (Solo Avengers)?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.