New Hawkeye Series

• 0 results
#-49 Posted by TheOptimist (713 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always greatly enjoyed Hawkeye... but something about this is really not hyping me... if they tag it with a $3.99, as happened with MK, I'm most certainly out... if they $2.99 it, I might pick up the first issue (but honestly, even if I enjoy it that will probably be it). The movie overexposure of the character, tied with the lack of epic threads bound to the character... I just can't get invested, knowing that the series is unlikely to last, at Marvel's current cancellation thresholds.

#-48 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

No, that's exactly the point. And if they found someone more challenging, Cap wouldn't really be all that important for the book. Meh.

Yeah, that might definitely be it. I wasn't mildly interested in it in Avengers, but I'm definitely liking it in these covers.

#-47 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp: I don't see that being the case. Cap faces characters that severely outpower him all the time in team books. And they could have simply used several characters with varying levels of power, some posing a challenge to Steve, others to Tony. 

Being fair, Aja can make anything street level related look awesome.
#-46 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

True, they could do that. But generically, teaming-up a street leveler and a powerful character doesn't appeal to me. Superman/Batman being the only exception, because Batman's a god regardless.

#-45 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp: Marvel turned that around by crafting a team between a powerful character and an even more powerful character, in Iron Man/Thor. Which did serve as an equivalent to the World's Finest team.
#-44 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

How's that related to me not liking CA/Iron Man? lol.

#-43 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

How's that related to me not liking CA/Iron Man? lol.

Because Iron Man's god has a hammer.
#-42 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

Flawless logic.

#-41 Edited by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

Flawless logic.

It bodes well with my flawless mullet.
#-40 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

Which bodes even better with my flawless hate.

#-39 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

A. I'm getting tired of the Hawkeye oversaturation because of Avengers.

B. Fraction's going to ruin another character I love...great.

Damn out of Bendis's clutches into Fraction's oh the inhumanity.

#-38 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll get the first arc.

#-37 Edited by stumpy49er (609 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I was excited to hear Hawkeye was getting his own solo comic, but I can't stand anything I've read by Fraction, so I'll probably skip this. Gambit and Hawykeye are actualy my top 2 Marvel characters that I've always felt needed their own solo books. Gambit moreso, glad Fraction is not writing him.

#-36 Posted by mtrakos (563 posts) - - Show Bio

i hope its better than his ultimate mini series.

#-35 Posted by stumpy49er (609 posts) - - Show Bio

Fraction! How does this man keep getting work?

#-34 Posted by daredevil21134 (11347 posts) - - Show Bio

@mtrakos said:

i hope its better than his ultimate mini series.

That was garbage lol

#-33 Posted by daredevil21134 (11347 posts) - - Show Bio

@stumpy49er said:

Fraction! How does this man keep getting work?

lol

#-32 Posted by War Killer (20102 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Hawkeye's new costume and I think Fraction could actually write a good Clint Barton. <-----My two cents :P

#-31 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

OH DEAR GOD O_O

FRACTION!

#-30 Edited by Omegus (187 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

@Mercy_ said:

@Morpheus_: I'm in a complaining mood and you are continuously cramping my style >___<

'Tis what I do.

@X35 said:

@Fuchsia_Nightingale said:

@X35: Kate Bishop dislike O_O lol

She's alright but i don't see the point of her and Hawkeye teaming up for a book..............that's crap

especially when hawkeye has his own supporting characters and cast like mockingbird, black widow............why bother with the young avenger?

it's like all of marvel's new books are taking a character and adding something to them that in concept makes them sound less appealing

ms marvel becomes captain marvel the uberfeminist

hawkeye becomes partners with the rich girl

cba

His book with Mockingbird flopped, and in continuity they separated, while Black Widow is in a relationship with Bucky Barnes and co-stars in Winter Soldier. Sharing the book with him wouldn't really make sense at this point. Hawkeye taking Bishop as his protegee is something much more feasible and does not deteriorate the book into cheap novelette romance territory, either. And I say this without having any sort of affinity for Kate.

What was so cheap about H&M? It was a well written mini-series, as well the writter Jim McCann was a huge Hawkeye fan and knew his stuff. It's not the readers fault Marvel back petals on everything they do. If you count that title as a flop then you count "Atlas", "3-D man" and a whole bunch of others. what were the only titles to make it out of heroic age....hmmmmm, oh wait I know. More Avengers titles to sell to the masses. I full agree because of this Avengers movie they have drug him through the mud with over saturation for the media. I don't care if people don't like Clint. I grew up with him and idolized him. Fraction did some great work in Invincible Iron Man doing pretty good in Defenders but I would rather see McCann come back as his writer.

I fully agree his continuity has gone down the toilet since he was announced for the movie, I think with Bishop as his sidekick should make things interesting. He gets that leadership role but also it is a solo series. I would rather they do what they did with Kaine for Scarlet Spider and put them in a new city.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.