New Hawkeye Series

  • 0 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32675 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a bit fed up of Hawkeye, but cool. I think I'll check this out :D

#3 Posted by daredevil21134 (10836 posts) - - Show Bio

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

#4 Posted by Mercy_ (92531 posts) - - Show Bio

A. I'm getting tired of the Hawkeye oversaturation because of Avengers.

B. Fraction's going to ruin another character I love...great.

Moderator
#5 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35: Looks too arty the cover.

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32675 posts) - - Show Bio
@X35@daredevil21134@Mercy_: It's going to star Clint and Kate 
#7 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87: Gah, why that loser Hawkeye girl ¬_¬

#8 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mercy_ said:

A. I'm getting tired of the Hawkeye oversaturation because of Avengers.

B. Fraction's going to ruin another character I love...great.

You can't ruin someone that i) has been ruined already, and ii) has never sustained an on-going for more than eight issues.  
 
If it flops, you still get Clint in Avengers and Secret Avengers. If it succeeds, Clint will gain a whole new level of popularity with new readership and will only expand as a character. Win-win scenario.
Moderator
#9 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35: Kate Bishop dislike O_O lol

#10 Posted by Mercy_ (92531 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

@Mercy_ said:

A. I'm getting tired of the Hawkeye oversaturation because of Avengers.

B. Fraction's going to ruin another character I love...great.

You can't ruin someone that i) has been ruined already, and ii) has never sustained an on-going for more than eight issues.

If it flops, you still get Clint in Avengers and Secret Avengers. If it succeeds, Clint will gain a whole new level of popularity with new readership and will only expand as a character. Win-win scenario.

I'll rephrase.

Mischaracterize as opposed to ruin.

Moderator
#11 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mercy_: As opposed to his excellent characterization for the past four years under Bendis in New Avengers v1 and Avengers? ;P
Moderator
#12 Posted by cattlebattle (12579 posts) - - Show Bio

I understand his costume is being updated to be like the one he wears in the film, which is based off his ultimate costume, but I really miss his old one
 
As a fan of the Young Justice series I cannot help but think of Red Arrow every time I see him, as Red Arrow wears a similar costume

#13 Posted by Mercy_ (92531 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_: I'm in a complaining mood and you are continuously cramping my style >___<

Moderator
#14 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
Meh.
#15 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm down.

Moderator
#16 Edited by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fuchsia_Nightingale said:

@X35: Kate Bishop dislike O_O lol

She's alright but i don't see the point of her and Hawkeye teaming up for a book..............that's crap

especially when hawkeye has his own supporting characters and cast like mockingbird, black widow............why bother with the young avenger?

it's like all of marvel's new books are taking a character and adding something to them that in concept makes them sound less appealing

ms marvel becomes captain marvel the uberfeminist

hawkeye becomes partners with the rich girl

cba

#17 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35: Nods Valid point

#18 Posted by daredevil21134 (10836 posts) - - Show Bio

THIS IS SOOOOOOOOO AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#19 Posted by spider-man 2996 (660 posts) - - Show Bio

I cannot wait for this. Hopefully it will be 2.99 as if it was 3.99 I can't see it lasting that long.

#20 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mercy_ said:

@Morpheus_: I'm in a complaining mood and you are continuously cramping my style >___<

'Tis what I do. 
 
@X35 said:

@Fuchsia_Nightingale said:

@X35: Kate Bishop dislike O_O lol

She's alright but i don't see the point of her and Hawkeye teaming up for a book..............that's crap

especially when hawkeye has his own supporting characters and cast like mockingbird, black widow............why bother with the young avenger?

it's like all of marvel's new books are taking a character and adding something to them that in concept makes them sound less appealing

ms marvel becomes captain marvel the uberfeminist

hawkeye becomes partners with the rich girl

cba

His book with Mockingbird flopped, and in continuity they separated, while Black Widow is in a relationship with Bucky Barnes and co-stars in Winter Soldier. Sharing the book with him wouldn't really make sense at this point. Hawkeye taking Bishop as his protegee is something much more feasible and does not deteriorate the book into cheap novelette romance territory, either. And I say this without having any sort of affinity for Kate.
Moderator
#21 Posted by Mercy_ (92531 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

'Tis what I do.

And now you're stealing Gambler's lines? For shame.

Moderator
#22 Posted by jayskee (1905 posts) - - Show Bio

Im looking forward to this Hawkeye is my favorite hero and fraction is a great writer

#23 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mercy_ said:

@Morpheus_ said:

'Tis what I do.

And now you're stealing Gambler's lines? 

Are you certain you are not projecting him onto me? Because I have been using that line in quite a while, just not frequently. I don't remember personally seeing G using it, either.
Moderator
#24 Posted by Mercy_ (92531 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

@Mercy_ said:

@Morpheus_ said:

'Tis what I do.

And now you're stealing Gambler's lines?

Are you certain you are not projecting him onto me? Because I have been using that line in quite a while, just not frequently. I don't remember personally seeing G using it, either.

No, because that'd just be weird.

He's been using it forever lol. Shows how observant the all-knowing Morph is.

Moderator
#25 Posted by longbowhunter (6751 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Hawkeye and Mockingbird was good. I wish it hadnt gotten cancelled. Fraction's writing isnt always a sure thing, but he did some good work on Invincible Iron Man and Immortal Iron Fist. As much as I dig Hawkeye and David Aja, I know this is going to be a $4 book and I just cant do it. Maybe in trade down the road.

Online
#26 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mercy_: I still remember some complaints about some Deathstroke avatars I had... 
 
Nah, it simply shows that the RPG section is second rate, and completely unworthy of my attention.
Moderator
#27 Posted by Mercy_ (92531 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_: I WILL kill you.

TAKE IT BACK. TAKE IT BACK RIGHT NOW.

Moderator
#28 Edited by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mercy_:  See what I mean?  Is everything you say a cliche? :P 
 
I have no intention of doing so. I am simply stating truths that disturb you, and make you irritable. Besides, it's fun.
Moderator
#29 Posted by Mercy_ (92531 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_: You're a bastard. I'm gonna go console myself in a purple cat-lady's arms.

Reported for trolling.

Moderator
#30 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

He's going to be in a Team book with Cap too. Just in case the over-saturation isn't apparent.

#31 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mercy_: That doesn't exactly dissuade me from being a bastard. 
 
You can neither flag nor report me, silly. I am indestructible.
Moderator
#32 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

He's going to be in a Team book with Cap too. Just in case the over-saturation isn't apparent.

The book has a rotating line-up. After two issues, it's going to be Cap and Iron Man.
Moderator
#33 Posted by Mercy_ (92531 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_ said:

@Mercy_: That doesn't exactly dissuade me from being a bastard.

You can neither flag nor report me, silly. I am indestructible.

Ugh. Pervy bastard.

I can't flag, but I do have a lovely PM function :)

Moderator
#34 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mercy_: You are pervier than I, because that was not what I had in mind when I typed that. 
 
And that has worked so well for everyone else that tried it.
Moderator
#35 Posted by Mercy_ (92531 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_: Um, I think my perviness has been pretty well established.

DOWN WITH MORPH

Moderator
#36 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mercy_: It has and I tend to support it, I just refrain from thoughts of that kind lately.  
   

DOWN WITH MORPH 


 
Moderator
#37 Posted by k4tzm4n (36402 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't say I'm surprised seeing as he's going to get a popularity boost with the Avengers film.

I likely won't read this, but for the sake of the few Barton fans out there, I hope he at least gets one impressive hand-to-hand feat. He's desperately lacking in that department.

Staff Online
#38 Posted by daredevil21134 (10836 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

Can't say I'm surprised seeing as he's going to get a popularity boost with the Avengers film.

I likely won't read this, but for the sake of the few Barton fans out there, I hope he at least gets one impressive hand-to-hand feat. He's desperately lacking in that department.

I could careless about his hand to hand feats I simply love Hawkeye,I even have his first appearance Tales of suspense 57.I am so excited for this.I wish you would give a shot

#39 Edited by k4tzm4n (36402 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Can't say I'm surprised seeing as he's going to get a popularity boost with the Avengers film.

I likely won't read this, but for the sake of the few Barton fans out there, I hope he at least gets one impressive hand-to-hand feat. He's desperately lacking in that department.

I could careless about his hand to hand feats I simply love Hawkeye,I even have his first appearance Tales of suspense 57.I am so excited for this.I wish you would give a shot

With a limited budget it's just not a title that I'd want to spend my cash on. I don't dislike Hawkeye, but a solo series/mini just isn't something that's going to be purchased over options like Venom, Amazing Spider-Man, Scarlet Spider, Punisher, and the numerous DC titles in my budget. If it's widely praised and highly recommended, I'll likely check out the TPB eventually.

Staff Online
#40 Posted by daredevil21134 (10836 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Can't say I'm surprised seeing as he's going to get a popularity boost with the Avengers film.

I likely won't read this, but for the sake of the few Barton fans out there, I hope he at least gets one impressive hand-to-hand feat. He's desperately lacking in that department.

I could careless about his hand to hand feats I simply love Hawkeye,I even have his first appearance Tales of suspense 57.I am so excited for this.I wish you would give a shot

With a limited budget it's just not a title that I'd want to spend my cash on. I don't dislike Hawkeye, but a solo series/mini just isn't something that's going to be purchased over options like Venom, Amazing Spider-Man, Scarlet Spider, Punisher, and the numerous DC titles in my budget. If it's widely praised and highly recommended, I'll likely check out the TPB eventually.

I understand

#41 Posted by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

I understand his costume is being updated to be like the one he wears in the film, which is based off his ultimate costume, but I really miss his old one As a fan of the Young Justice series I cannot help but think of Red Arrow every time I see him, as Red Arrow wears a similar costume Except better

fixed

#42 Posted by entropy_aegis (14219 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh look Red Arrow has jumped to Marvel.

#43 Posted by entropy_aegis (14219 posts) - - Show Bio

@k4tzm4n said:

Can't say I'm surprised seeing as he's going to get a popularity boost with the Avengers film.

I likely won't read this, but for the sake of the few Barton fans out there, I hope he at least gets one impressive hand-to-hand feat. He's desperately lacking in that department.

I hope he gets a decent villain.

#44 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't jump at the other Hawkeye/Hawkeye&______ books over the past two years, but I follow anything Kate is in so I'll end up picking this up.

#45 Posted by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

I understand his costume is being updated to be like the one he wears in the film, which is based off his ultimate costume, but I really miss his old one As a fan of the Young Justice series I cannot help but think of Red Arrow every time I see him, as Red Arrow wears a similar costume

That's exactly what i was thinking

#46 Posted by BloodTalon (430 posts) - - Show Bio

This sounds good I like Hawkeye and I like Kate I always thought was the best Young Avenger. But I already get a bunch of books so I guess it will depend on how big of a week it is when the first issue comes out wether I get it or not

#47 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

No, thanks.

#48 Posted by Duncan (11434 posts) - - Show Bio

Excited for this.

#49 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

The book has a rotating line-up. After two issues, it's going to be Cap and Iron Man.

That's even stupider imo.

By the way, I just realized I prefer this costume over the other one. Sue me.

#50 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp: The stupid thing is that Iron Man of all people will team-up with Steve to beat on Batroc's brigade. Couldn't have they found someone more challenging? 
 
I like both, but coupled with Aja's style, I prefer the updated one.
Moderator

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.