How Does Hawkeye Make Trick Arrows?

#1 Posted by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

Clint isn't a billionaire like Oliver, so where does Clint get the money to build his arrows?

#2 Posted by joshmightbe (24599 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd: well Clint is personal friends with several billionaires and some of the world's smartest people.

#3 Posted by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

@xxxddd: well Clint is personal friends with several billionaires and some of the world's smartest people.

Like who?

#4 Posted by joshmightbe (24599 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd: Iron Man, Black Panther, Reed Richards, and tho I wouldn't call them friends he does have a working relationship with Hank Pym just to name a few

#5 Posted by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Do you have a comicbook source or sources that confirm this?

#6 Posted by joshmightbe (24599 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd: umm the last 40 or so years of Avengers that Hawkeye has appeared in

#7 Posted by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: That makes no sense, he just asks tony to build him arrows and tony does it?

#8 Posted by danhimself (22278 posts) - - Show Bio

in the last issue of Hawkeye he states that he's pretty loaded...where this money came from I have no idea but I imagine that being an Avenger pays pretty well

#9 Posted by joshmightbe (24599 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd: I was just showing that he had access to the option, whether he uses it or not I don't know but it seems the most likely conclusion to the question

#10 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd: He started out making his own, from scratch on a circus performer salary. Turns out Clint is actually pretty smart when in comes to tech, and he designed all of his original trick arrows. As he gained more friends in high places he was given access to better tech, but I think it is implied that he still designs and uses his own arrows.

#11 Posted by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: Any info for current Hawkeye, or is it just implied he gets the money from rich friends?

#12 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd said:

@Blood1991: Any info for current Hawkeye, or is it just implied he gets the money from rich friends?

Clint wouldn't accept money that way he is far to proud. He runs security from time to time as was first mentioned in his first miniseries, and was a part of the World Counter Terrorism Agency, in Hawkeye and Mockingbird, he then was an investigator during his Avengers solo mini. Add that with his humble living conditions, and the fact he is the landlord of an apartment complex, it really isn't shocking he has money to spare. However, Clint's rich would be Tony Stark going bankrupt. He was a carnie so any amount of wealth probably seems like more than it is.

#13 Posted by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: Thanks for the help.

#14 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxxddd said:

@Blood1991: Thanks for the help.

No problem, happy to help.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.