Hawkeye solo movie..

#1 Posted by Illuminatus (9509 posts) - - Show Bio

Could it be successful? Who should the villain be? Any cameos from other Marvel character that should be in the movie? Share your thoughts.

#2 Posted by Kairan1979 (16746 posts) - - Show Bio

1. I don't think it could be successful. It could be funny to see Hawkeye TV series though.
2. Bullseye?
3. Mockingbird as recurring character and love interest, Black Widow and Nick Fury as minor characters.

#3 Posted by Loki9876 (3045 posts) - - Show Bio

1 it could with good amount marketing everything could be succesful.
2 crossfire
3 mockingbird

#4 Posted by PowerHerc (83508 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if Marvel would ever take the chance on making a Hawkeye movie but I do think the character is interesting enough for a good movie to be made.
#5 Posted by War Killer (20198 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see how an animated movie would do first, and if that does well, then I would be more willing to think about a live action movie of him.

#6 Posted by rschomber (13 posts) - - Show Bio

i really enjoyed the short part he had in the thor movie

#7 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13134 posts) - - Show Bio
@rschomber said:

i know right, i was geekin out!!!!
#8 Posted by virgin4life (428 posts) - - Show Bio

the hood ain't checkin' for hawkeye

#9 Posted by War Killer (20198 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:
@rschomber said:
i know right, i was geekin out!!!!
Agreed, it was the perfect cameo and even though he had like only two lines, you could tell he had a little Clint Barton sarcasm in him xD
#10 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think a Hawkeye movie would be a success. Hawkeye and Black Widow maybe. Could even sneak in some Mockingbird perhaps. Course I also want Wasp, Wonder Man, Ultron and Vision in an Ant-Man movie.

#11 Posted by daredevil21134 (11793 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye is bad ass

#12 Posted by Man of Lengend (1001 posts) - - Show Bio

hawkeye rocks............ i would see a shield movie, with hawkeye and widow in it 

#13 Posted by moviegeek17 (1482 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd be cool with a hawkeye movie. i think hydra should be the villain of the film and maybe baron strucker if thats at all possible.

#14 Posted by jayskee (1905 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see a Hawkeye movie 

Villian: Crossfire, Trickshot or Swordsman 

Supporing character: Mockingbird
#15 Posted by Omegus (188 posts) - - Show Bio
I would Love to see a Straight to DVD animated movie about Hawkeye. Animated movies have done well for me story wise.

Villian: Like really is there a need for this? Obviously people like jayskee have been paying attention to Clint's history.  Why not at it throw in phantom rider to add that something extra.

Supporing character: Mockingbird (of course)
#16 Posted by Trodorne (2588 posts) - - Show Bio
@Omegus said:
I would Love to see a Straight to DVD animated movie about Hawkeye. Animated movies have done well for me story wise.  Villian: Like really is there a need for this? Obviously people like jayskee have been paying attention to Clint's history.  Why not at it throw in phantom rider to add that something extra.  Supporing character: Mockingbird (of course)
Why would you throw mockingbird in the mix already? if anything it should be close to his origins to when he was in the circus and have black widow as his leading lady. then you work in mockingbird
#17 Posted by Omegus (188 posts) - - Show Bio

ARE YOU KIDDING?! 

Why waste time making a movie about something that everyone should know. This isn't Spider-man or Wolverine where you need to rehash origins stories like poping caps off of beer bottles. 
Look you could do his origin at the beginning and have him working for shield with black widow and have a love affair with Mockingbird . Maybe you dont need to have Phantom Rider in there.

#18 Posted by FearTheLiving (3089 posts) - - Show Bio
@Omegus said:
ARE YOU KIDDING?!   Why waste time making a movie about something that everyone should know. This isn't Spider-man or Wolverine where you need to rehash origins stories like poping caps off of beer bottles.  Look you could do his origin at the beginning and have him working for shield with black widow and have a love affair with Mockingbird . Maybe you dont need to have Phantom Rider in there.
If this was for fans of Hawkeye only I'd agree with you here, but for the movie to be successful at all you'd have to introduce the character a bit for the general audience who has no idea.

Just look at Iron Man and Thor well known characters that still had an intro, but they could always pull a Hulk and have the start of the film be flashback shots of Clint before Hawkeye.
#19 Posted by SleepyDrug (75 posts) - - Show Bio

The villains of a Hawkeye movie would have to be Crossfire and Oddball.  The trick would be writing a script that would entice people who aren't major fans of the Avengers.  Perhaps if it followed the Avengers movie...
#20 Posted by RedHoodJT (527 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that a Hawkeye movie would be great. I think that it would be well received from fans and bring a new audience in as well. But in order for someone to really understand the character there has to be a point in the story that catches people up on what's happened in his life to make him who he is and why he does what he does. Hence an origin story. Now should it be the whole movie like Wolverines hell no. But it does need to be in there. You can't just base a movie's success off of what you think it will do with fans of the character. You have to bring in new people and hook them in order for it to be a success. Harry Potter did that with people that liked wizards and s**t. I for one don't like HP I think its boring. But to each his own. Every movie has to be able to attract not only fans but new additions as well. Without an origin story to learn about the character you have no way of drawing the attention of the crowd. 

#21 Posted by tg1982 (2715 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedHoodJT
Word! 

I think depending on the Avengers movie after that they could do a Hawkeye movie. Then the fan base might already be partially built up. I think Jeremy Renner is going to make a good Hawkeye judgeing by his cameo in Thor.
#22 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully they'll focus on his character a reasonable bit during the Avengers movie... I'd love a solo movie but I can't picture it ever existing...

#23 Posted by RedHoodJT (527 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that if they did an animated movie of him it would do really well. A live action one though I don't think would work out. Because, unfortunately, when you bring up the Avengers I don't know too many people that say "is that the group with the guy that has the bow and arrow?" its always "oh yea that group with the Captain America or Iron Man or Thor.

#24 Posted by Illuminatus (9509 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump for nostalgia's sake.

#25 Posted by cattlebattle (12768 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely, especially with him being an agent of S.H.E.I.L.D..............could be like a Bond movie, that focuses on Hawkeyes marksmanship

Jeremy Renner is the hotness in Hollywood currently, he is much bigger than everyone in the Avengers movie as of right now in my opinion

#26 Posted by Omegus (188 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe if the film had about almost a good half on his childhood with Clint and Barney growing up with an alcoholic father. How their father broke down the family with constant physical abuse and verbal abuse (thus why Clint hates being told he cannot do something.) . His sarcasim comes from his inner hatred for his father from what he does to the rest of his family. Using punch lines to take beatings away from their mother. then the subsequent death of both mom and dad. Barney and Clint being thrown in the a orphanage by the state court system. them running away. Then while trying to survive find the traveling carnavel thus getting jobs and hiding from police. Then Clint getting mentored by Trickshot and Swordsman. IDK that could be a basic idea for a film.

#27 Posted by Illuminatus (9509 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle said:

Definitely, especially with him being an agent of S.H.E.I.L.D..............could be like a Bond movie, that focuses on Hawkeyes marksmanship Jeremy Renner is the hotness in Hollywood currently, he is much bigger than everyone in the Avengers movie as of right now in my opinion

He's not bigger than RDJ by a longshot, lol.

#28 Edited by Loki9876 (3045 posts) - - Show Bio

There could be a shield movie with a team of hawkeye, black widow, sharon carter (maybe), falcon (a shield agent with special anti-gravity technology and limited TP) and nick fury (he will not be on the team but will say what their missions are). Maria Hill could also be featured but not on the team.

oh and Mockingbird should also be on the team.

#29 Posted by cattlebattle (12768 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

@cattlebattle said:

Definitely, especially with him being an agent of S.H.E.I.L.D..............could be like a Bond movie, that focuses on Hawkeyes marksmanship Jeremy Renner is the hotness in Hollywood currently, he is much bigger than everyone in the Avengers movie as of right now in my opinion

He's not bigger than RDJ by a longshot, lol.

thats arguable, he is not as well known, but he was in MI3 about the same time Sherlock Holmes was out, which, preformed better.....he won an award for his performance in the Hurt Locker and he will be in the upcoming Bourne films

#30 Posted by Illuminatus (9509 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said: 

thats arguable, he is not as well known, but he was in MI3 about the same time Sherlock Holmes was out, which, preformed better

Well, I doubt Renner's name had anything too do with the overall success of Ghost Protocol. The three main factors that attributed too it's success were: 

1. Positive word of mouth-The film was, surprisingly, one of the best reviewed films of the year, and critics and audiences alike universally praised every aspect of the film.
  2. Tom Cruise is still a recognizable star.
  3. It was the fourth film in the franchise, and the marketing campaign was far superior.
I like Renner. I think he's a well-rounded, fantastic actor that deserves every ounce of acclaim he receives. However, I would be lying if I said he was a bankable star at this juncture in his career. Perhaps after the success of The Bourne Legacy and The Avengers, he will achieve the star-power that RDJ has possessed for some time now. 
#31 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8102 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be possible if it was about him and his brother i think. Like growing up together in the circus and learning archery but the brother and him fight and years later like after the Avengers Hawkeye learns about his brother and goes after him to fight him. Be cool to have a few cameos by the Avengers team in the beginning and have Nick Fury helping him along the way and also have Mockingbird constantly appearing to him leading him to his brother....

#32 Posted by Omegus (188 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCheeseStabber: I would love to see both Mockingbird and Crossfire in a Hawkeye movie.

@Illuminatus @cattlebattle : After seeing Thor and Renner as Hawkeye for thoes small clips he was in. The lines would have been the kind of things Clint would say. Renner gave thoes lines a "Meh" preformance. Don't get me wrong he is still a great actor. But when in an interview you hype up the character your playing and get his name wrong and even in a total of 53 seconds your on the screen put something into it. They gave him the role purley on star power. I am not expecting much out of him in the Avengers. I would have love to seen Jensen Ackles as Clint because he fits the bill for clint's personality perfectly.

Maybe on the Matt Damen

#33 Posted by Trodorne (2588 posts) - - Show Bio

@Omegus: and my rebutle sir. (see above)

In general, Id love to see a Hawkeye movie. but at the same time im not a fan of selling out a character to the general market cause lets face it regular people are stupid. they do not deserve to appreciate the characters like we do. I know it sounds very high brow and snobbish. but who really appreciates the characters. Us or them. At most all the movie will do is get people to say he is awesome, buy a t-shirt or make a pretty good video game. but will they care about the character later on or end up reading the comics? more than likely not at all. If anything give me a straight to DVD animated movie starring hawkeye like those Hulk Vs, did.

#34 Posted by jayskee (1905 posts) - - Show Bio

if marvel can take a chance with Ghost rider then they can give hawkeye a movie

#35 Posted by k4tzm4n (43910 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the best bet is just to create S.H.I.E.L.D. film with an emphasis on Fury, Clint and Black Widow.

Staff
#36 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see a Hawkeye movie eventually leading to a West coast Avengers movie.

#37 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

I could see this working as a Mission: Impossible, James Bond, or Bourne Identity type spy movie. It could actually be cool. They'd have to make it more espionage then super-heroics, which I'm fine with. They're more likely to make a movie with him and Black Widow though.

#38 Posted by Enosisik (1153 posts) - - Show Bio

No no no noooooo! Not every comic character needs or deserves it's own movie. No just no .

#39 Posted by PowerHerc (83508 posts) - - Show Bio

@Savage_Hawkman said:

@PowerHerc said:

I don't know if Marvel would ever take the chance on making a Hawkeye movie but I do think the character is interesting enough for a good movie to be made.

Do you feel the same way about it now after seeing the Avengers film?

I loved the "Avengers" movie but no, I no longer feel like Hawkeye could carry a solo movie.

#40 Posted by sinestro_GL (3152 posts) - - Show Bio

A good film, maybe...but I don't know if a Hawk-Eye film would generate that much interest.

#41 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

It could work, but it would have to be executed perfectly. Personally putting him and Widow together in a film would be the best option.

#42 Posted by TDK_1997 (14892 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye is a good and interesting character but Marvel would never do a solo movie for him.

#43 Posted by Loki9876 (3045 posts) - - Show Bio

A had an idea for a SHIELD movie with Hawkeye, black widow and some othet shield agents.

#44 Edited by Omegus (188 posts) - - Show Bio

@TDK_1997 said:

Hawkeye is a good and interesting character but Marvel would never do a solo movie for him.

Yeah, they would cancel the movie half way through filming.......BWWHOOOAAA!

.................get it because they cancelled his first ongoing and said it was a mini......BWHOOOAAA!

#45 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus said:

Could it be successful? Who should the villain be? Any cameos from other Marvel character that should be in the movie? Share your thoughts.

I wish there was one.

I want him to wear this costume:

#46 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

I think a Hawkeye movie would be awesome, but now with Jeremy Renner as the new "Bourne" I doubt we'll ever see it. But you never know, if The Bourne Legacy does well it could give Marvel Studios something to ponder, but it wouldn't be until after the next Avengers movie since the studios plate is pretty full right now.

#47 Posted by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayskee said:

if marvel can take a chance with Ghost rider then they can give hawkeye a movie

#48 Posted by stumpy49er (609 posts) - - Show Bio

#49 Posted by JSH92 (417 posts) - - Show Bio

Three words... West Coast Avengers

#50 Posted by Omegus (188 posts) - - Show Bio

I really still think a Animated film would hit the right spot for me. Have a trilogy with animated movies. Plus fans aren’t disappointed by disappointing roles *COUGH* Renner *COUGH*. Sorry I had a Jeremy in my throat, I mean what? That was weird.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.