Follow

Hawkeye

Character » Hawkeye appears in 4820 issues.

Trained by criminals and inspired by heroes, Clint Barton has grown from a troubled youth into one of the greatest heroes on Earth. The world knows him best as Hawkeye: Earth's Mightiest Marksman. A member of the Avengers for many years, he has left the team on occasion because of team friction. But he always returns, ready to face any threat.

Hawkeye Readings Advice

JSH92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

Edited By JSH92

I guess I'll just start of by saying that I'm a fan of Hawkeye. I'm working on reading through his journey through the Marvel Universe over the many decades that the character has existed. I've already read from his first appearance in Iron Man (Tales of Suspense, but you know what I mean) and the subsequent appearances in that same magazine all the way up to the West Coast Avengers limited series. Next I'm gonna work on reading through the 1985 West Coast Avengers series through various means and then the subsequent Avengers West Coast series. After that though, I'm kind of at a loss for what to read next. I know of his newer stuff like Hawkeye: Blindspot, Hawkeye and Mockingbird, Widowmaker, Dark Reign: Hawkeye, and his current ongoing series, but I'm sort of at a loss as to where to go directly following Avengers West Coast and all the way up to the previously mentioned titles from the 2000s. Basically, if anyone could help me by enlightening me as to essential Hawkeye material from the 90s and 2000s, that would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Hawkeyefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hawkeyefan

Hawkeye reading chronology after Avengers West Coast but before The Heroic Age:

Hawkeye v2

Marvel Comics Presents 159-161

War Machine 1st Series 7(!), 15, 18-22, 25

Force Works 4, 8(!), 12, 17-19

Hawkeye - Earth's Mightiest Marksman

Avengers Forever miniseries

Avengers 3rd Series 1-12

Contest of Champions II miniseries

Thunderbolts 20-75 (meanwhile: Thunderbolts Annual 2000, Avengers 3rd Series 31-34, Avengers - The Ultron Imperative)

Avengers Thunderbolts miniseries

Hawkeye v3

Avengers 3rd Series 72-84

New Invaders 0

JLA Avengers miniseries

Avengers 3rd Series 500-503

Avengers (3rd Series) Finale

House of M Avengers miniseries

The Pulse 10

House of M miniseries

New Avengers 1st Series 26

Fallen Son - The Death of Captain America 3

New Avengers 1st Series 27-47

New Avengers 1st Series Annual 2

Young Avengers Presents 6

Secret Invasion miniseries

New Avengers - The Reunion miniseries

New Avengers 1st Series 48-60 (meanwhile: War Machine 2nd Series 8-10)

Dark Reign - The List - New Avengers (#1)

New Avengers 1st Series Annual 3

New Avengers 1st Series 61-64

New Avengers (1st Series) Finale

Siege miniseries

Avengers - Prime miniseries - Hawkeye is there in the background;)

And I think here starts the era of your "newer stuff"...

I left out some issues which are not parts of the Earth-616 chronology: Marvel Adventures - The Avengers 16, 35, Marvel Adventures 14, 17, Marvel Adventures - Spider-Man 20 and What if: Dark Reign (alternate story for Dark Reign - The List - New Avengers)

JSH92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By JSH92

@Hawkeyefan: OK, thank you very much. I trust that someone with your username would definitely know what they're talking about when it comes to Hawkeye. Thanks.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.