Hawkeye leading Secret Avengers!!!

#2 Posted by Omegus (191 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: I love Hawkeye more than any comic character. But I think revamping the Secret Avengers is a dumb Idea. I like the SA when Nova was still alive and steve had that bad ass shield outfit. Don't get me wrong Rick is a awesome writer , I just have my doubts about this.

#3 Posted by daredevil21134 (12154 posts) - - Show Bio

@Omegus said:

@daredevil21134: I love Hawkeye more than any comic character. But I think revamping the Secret Avengers is a dumb Idea. I like the SA when Nova was still alive and steve had that bad ass shield outfit. Don't get me wrong Rick is a awesome writer , I just have my doubts about this.

And after I read an interview with Rick Remender i'm not feeling so great about him leading them

#4 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

GTFO
 
There's nothing secret about Clint Barton.

#5 Posted by Omegus (191 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: It's almost like i'm not reading about Clint anymore but amazing stories of Jeremy Renner. But in all seriousness bring back H&M

#6 Posted by daredevil21134 (12154 posts) - - Show Bio

@Omegus said:

@daredevil21134: It's almost like i'm not reading about Clint anymore but amazing stories of Jeremy Renner. But in all seriousness bring back H&M

I agree,and I don't like how they're changing his costume and I don't Jermy Renner playing him

#7 Posted by Omegus (191 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134:

200% agree

#8 Posted by daredevil21134 (12154 posts) - - Show Bio

@Omegus said:

@daredevil21134:

200% agree

Cool

#9 Posted by tiger26 (129 posts) - - Show Bio

what hell no makes no sense why not fury

#10 Posted by Kairan1979 (16881 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye leading Secret Avengers? Doesn't make sense.

#11 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3939 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: @Omegus:

It IS a bit unusual but Remender writes my favourite book of the month, and he does it well.

On top of that, the team IS being Lead by Clint, so, I am ecstatic.

I will agree though that it is a bit iffy, and I agree that at the moment it just seems they are building him for the movie.

Still, this has great potential!

#12 Posted by Omegus (191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hawkeye446: well see, like I said before remender is a great writer but the idea of havin Clint run the secret avengers is a bad idea. I very much hate the fact they are rapidly changing to the movie which i might add is the ultimates hawkeye . if they wanna do something with hawkeye give him back hiscostume , bring back Jim McCann as a writer and start up H&M again.

#13 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3939 posts) - - Show Bio

@Omegus said:

@Hawkeye446: well see, like I said before remender is a great writer but the idea of havin Clint run the secret avengers is a bad idea. I very much hate the fact they are rapidly changing to the movie which i might add is the ultimates hawkeye . if they wanna do something with hawkeye give him back hiscostume , bring back Jim McCann as a writer and start up H&M again.

That would be awesome. I LOVED H&M. McCann did an amazing job, and I know that he really liked the characters he was using (he stated it).

However, for whatever reason, that isn't happening. I could rave about my ideal situation for every single character.

I agree with the costume, and I agree that it really isn't the best placing for him. but, It is a-hell-of-a-lot better than having his as a side character in the Avengers, or a random side character.

I feel like Clint is in the same situation as Psylocke. She was being used as a guest character constantly, until she got a place in Uncanny X-Force. Maybe it wasn't ideal for fans, but she is being written well, and is getting developed. From what I read of Remender's interview, he is adamant at developing Clint. I was scared at first, but then I realised he hasn't been given enough, backing, in my opinion. I would love to see him being used more, and I am excited for this.

However, I DO agree that him in a new costume is bad. BUT, considering it is the Secret Avengers, obviously a less obvious costume is used.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.