Hawkeye: Do you like the new Marvel Universe Costume?

#1 Posted by HoldyourfireAl (339 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't figure out how to post a poll on this site, but I have them going on my site, CBR and Bendis' forum. I HATE that Marvel has chosen to replace the classic Hawkeye costume with a bastard child of the Ultimates & the Avengers Movie one. What do you guys think?

http://www.statuemarvels.com/f116/hawkeye-what-do-you-think-marvel-changing-his-costume-16384.html

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?t=392960

http://www.606studios.com/bendisboard/showthread.php?212483-Hawkeye-Does-Anyone-Really-Like-This-New-Costume-Really

#2 Posted by HoldyourfireAl (339 posts) - - Show Bio

If someone could start a poll in this thread as well, it would be greatly appreciated!

:)

#3 Posted by cyberninja (10413 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't say that I do. 

#4 Posted by Psycorvus (69 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly I do. I think Hawkeye has needed a costume update for quite some time now and I always thought the Ultimates one was more badass. Still it is a shame that they have done it around the same time as the movie coming out and it looks incredibly similar... Marketing people can be so annoying in that way...

#5 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32846 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by ThexX (1559 posts) - - Show Bio

@Psycorvus said:

Honestly I do. I think Hawkeye has needed a costume update for quite some time now and I always thought the Ultimates one was more badass. Still it is a shame that they have done it around the same time as the movie coming out and it looks incredibly similar... Marketing people can be so annoying in that way...

Agreed

#7 Posted by shrmntnk62 (251 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the new costume looks awesome. I also love the Ultimate one and the movie one's not bad either IMO.

#8 Edited by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

My favorite is his new purple one. I know that borrows from his ultimate one but I think it looks better.

#9 Posted by Aeroman (495 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it makes him more modernized to this age and not hating on his classic costume because it will always hold a special place in my heart

#10 Posted by 218Comics (191 posts) - - Show Bio

The new costume seems a lot like Ultimate Hawkeye...

#11 Posted by Psycorvus (69 posts) - - Show Bio

By the way, going off topic sorry, but does anyone else think that Beast in the artwork looks like something form Predators or even one of the feral monster things in Avatar? His heair looks like a crazy lion mane and his teeth... well I don't know how he'd close his mouth anymore.

#12 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
I don't like it.
#13 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it.

#14 Posted by Duncan (11440 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks good

#15 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7581 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like crap.

#16 Posted by Omegus (186 posts) - - Show Bio

ok, this is the 3rd topic on this new costume. Lets all agree to say we all like hit real Hawkeye costume. You have no idea how much power we as readers of marvel have. Marvel needs us to make money. You want Hawkeye back to his old costume write a letter. In fact, i am writing one now.

#17 Posted by moviegeek17 (1474 posts) - - Show Bio

i don't like it. though i do have question. Did they even bother to explain why he changed costumes?

#18 Posted by Omegus (186 posts) - - Show Bio

no they didn't from what I read lately.

#19 Posted by The_Tree (7234 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like it. I was never a fan of his old one.

#20 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I loved his old costume (the House of M style one especially), I think it was time for a change. I dig it, but I think they can do better.

#21 Posted by lemontron (62 posts) - - Show Bio

I love it, it is so much better than the old one!

#22 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it.

#23 Posted by yumyumbubblegum (618 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Clint gearing up to play squash or something?

#24 Posted by frozenedge (1152 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they're trying to go for a more Ultimate version with directly giving him the same costume. I actually like it though they could do without the purple glasses, black ones would be better

#25 Posted by Omegus (186 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see a costume that is a cross between Ronin and Hawkeye. A Black ninja like suit with some of the Purple Hawkeye flare.

#26 Posted by MrErbac (115 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate it! it's generic. One of the things that makes Hawkeye is that classic mask and the costume that eludes to his circus background, not a stupid shield generic shield outfit. He just looks like a guy with arrows now.

#27 Posted by ExtraLarge (243 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd hate the new costume if it wasn't so logical. I love the old costume, but seeing as how he doesn't have a secret identity, there's really no need for the mask. Then again, the same could be said for Captain America, Wolverine and numerous other public identity heroes. So yeah, I guess I do hate the new costume. To heck with logic, a classic look is a classic look.

#28 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

I dunno why, but I kinda like his new costume...

#29 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it, but I'm still a fan of this look

I know its a little chessy, but It is classic.

#30 Posted by Omegus (186 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: I hate to say it but his new costume is starting to grow on me. As long as he still rocks the purple ill be happy. But nothing could ever beat the Lopez costume.

#31 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Omegus: It is a little generic looking, but he has been a major player in Marvel lately so I can't complain. Well maybe Fraction writing his solo , but I am still optimistic :p

#32 Posted by God_Spawn (37347 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it. I think it's awesome.

#33 Edited by rysnelgrove (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I love it. As well as the old one. Let's be honest his old costume isn't gone forever, these are comics remember. But with that in mind I hated the movie and ultimate a costumes. They were over played tactical shield suits that make him look like he is there to take orders. From what I see now it's pretty much just a tee shirt and a belt and a quiver. And if you are Clint that's all you need. It makes him more relatable, that's what fractions going for by the way. So please don't go writing letters saying you don't like it because that's the kind of stuff that could ruin the new series.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.