Hawkeye Discussion Thread

#1 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye is a character that has been getting alot of interest lately so for old and new fans alike this is his discussion thread.

#2 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

I looooove his current series but I wish he didn't....struggle...so often

#3 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise said:

Thank you that and he isn't as cocky as he should be

Remender really brought out his cocky attitude in Secret Avengers

while simultaneously making him bad ass. His series is great, but that aspect of Clint's character is missing.

#4 Posted by Omegus (188 posts) - - Show Bio

True, I would like Fraction touch on that cocky attitude when he is with other heroes to show how much he steps up everyone else game. Hawkeye on any team is Key because he reminds them to do their best as he has no powers but gives it his all everyday he is with them.

#5 Posted by NewComicGuy (130 posts) - - Show Bio

Just a fantastic character and a run that in the beginning is shaping up to be one of the more memorable early in this decade.

#6 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

He strikes me as plenty cocky. Walking headlong into that bro gang takes balls. Could be that he talks a bigger game when he's in groups though.

#7 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Reignmaker said:

He strikes me as plenty cocky. Walking headlong into that bro gang takes balls. Could be that he talks a bigger game when he's in groups though.

Hmm I'm going to have to re-read some of his mini's now.

@NewComicGuy said:

Just a fantastic character and a run that in the beginning is shaping up to be one of the more memorable early in this decade.

I like you

@Omegus said:

True, I would like Fraction touch on that cocky attitude when he is with other heroes to show how much he steps up everyone else game. Hawkeye on any team is Key because he reminds them to do their best as he has no powers but gives it his all everyday he is with them.

The man has balls and isn't a bad leader

one of my favorite moments from Earth's Mightiest Heroes. A room full of superheroes and the one that steps in between Hulk and The Thing has no powers.

#8 Posted by daredevil21134 (11510 posts) - - Show Bio

@KnightRise said:

Same here

#9 Posted by One_Eye (783 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: I've always thought that he was a cool character and one with great leadership potential. I love that he's essentially Marvel's every-man even more so than Spider-Man.

#10 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@One_Eye said:

@Blood1991: I've always thought that he was a cool character and one with great leadership potential. I love that he's essentially Marvel's every-man even more so than Spider-Man.

Fraction's series has done a great job of bringing that to the forefront, while Secret Avengers brought in his leadership. It isn't discussed much on Comicvine, but 2012 was a great year for Hawkeye.

#11 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@KnightRise said:

Thank you that and he isn't as cocky as he should be

Remender really brought out his cocky attitude in Secret Avengers

while simultaneously making him bad ass. His series is great, but that aspect of Clint's character is missing.

That's because it was given to Kate Bishop. ;)

#12 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis: Yes. That girl has sass out the wazoo

She is constantly moving up my list of favorite characters.

#13 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

So...how about that hawkeye :D

#14 Edited by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

Lol he didn't appear much this week, but Kate did so a Hawkeye appeared

Oh annnnnd the preview for Hawkeye 7 where proceeds to the Hurricane effort in New York after Hurricane Sandy "buy 2 copies"

Preview below.

#15 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@White Mage said:

Lol he didn't appear much this week, but Kate did so a Hawkeye appeared

Oh annnnnd the preview for Hawkeye 7 where proceeds to the Hurricane effort in New York after Hurricane Sandy "buy 2 copies"

Preview below.

I LOVE the Hurricane Sandy cover!

#16 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage: Personally I want him to make an off comment about Thor or Storm. Something Snarky and hilarious.

#17 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: LOL I would appreciate that actually

#18 Posted by Storm Calling (3574 posts) - - Show Bio
@Blood1991 said:

@Omegus said:

one of my favorite moments from Earth's Mightiest Heroes. A room full of superheroes and the one that steps in between Hulk and The Thing has no powers.

Hawkeye was actually one of my favorite characters in the cartoon. Nice thread, Blood.
#19 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@Reignmaker said:

Hmm I'm going to have to re-read some of his mini's now.

@NewComicGuy said:

I like you

@Omegus said:

That's cute.lol

#20 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Storm Calling: Cartoon Hawkeye was great. Who ever did his facial expressions deserves a medal.

@White Mage: Hey he could have been turned into a pulp of blood and arrow shafts for that.

Also got a new teaser for Age of Ultron

#21 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@Storm Calling: Cartoon Hawkeye was great. Who ever did his facial expressions deserves a medal.

@White Mage: Hey he could have been turned into a pulp of blood and arrow shafts for that.

Also got a new teaser for Age of Ultron

I REALLY need to know what the hell is happening with this.lol

#22 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage: Hell if I know, but Hawkeye is playing a big role apparently so I'm game

(I am literally the only Hawkeye fan on Comic Vine)

#23 Posted by derf_jenkins (395 posts) - - Show Bio

I love me some Hawkeye. Way to revive the character and make him amazing.

#24 Posted by Crackdown (604 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@White Mage:

Excuse me?

#25 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@derf_jenkins said:

I love me some Hawkeye. Way to revive the character and make him amazing.

Marvel goes in and out of treating him like sh!t and actually progressing the character. I'd give Fraction and Remender a hug for doing him so much justice over the last year.

@Crackdown said:

@Blood1991 said:

@White Mage:

Excuse me?

It was mostly a joke, because the thread was so slow.

Side note

If you guys didn't know Hawkeye issue 7 goes towards the Hurricane Sandy Relief effort, but Fraction has added some extra incentive.

1. Go to the Red Cross disaster relief donation page;
  2. Fill out your donation information;
  3. Where it says IN HONOR OF put HAWKGUY & YOUR NAME;
  4. Take a screen cap of JUST the IN HONOR OF PART (we don’t need to know how much you gave, that you gave is enough);
  5. Email or tweet the screen cap to me @kellysue or Fraction @mattfraction and we’ll put it up on our tumblrs tagged #hawkguy;
  6. Sit back and let’s see how we do.

So go buy a couple of issues of 7 "even if you don't usually get Hawkeye get an Issue of Hawkeye" and if you would like donate to the Red Cross and screen cap it to Matt Fraction's Twitter.

#26 Posted by daredevil21134 (11510 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@White Mage: Hell if I know, but Hawkeye is playing a big role apparently so I'm game

No you're not he's one of my all time favorites

#27 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: Sweet I have only ran into a handful in my time here. I didn't like that his forum was so empty when so much was going on with his character, but I find making threads for every little thing obnoxious so I made this thread to keep updates on him for other fans.

#28 Posted by daredevil21134 (11510 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@daredevil21134: Sweet I have only ran into a handful in my time here. I didn't like that his forum was so empty when so much was going on with his character, but I find making threads for every little thing obnoxious so I made this thread to keep updates on him for other fans.

Yup,I love Hawkeye.I wish I was enjoying his monthly series more but at least he has one.

#29 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134 said:

@Blood1991 said:

Yup,I love Hawkeye.I wish I was enjoying his monthly series more but at least he has one.

I enjoy it, but at moments Clint doesn't seem himself and I fear that his solo persona will start eating away at the character he is outside of it. It is missing the alot of the cockiness I love about the character and the amount of trouble he has with common thugs bugs the sh!t outta me.

#30 Posted by daredevil21134 (11510 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@Blood1991 said:

I enjoy it, but at moments Clint doesn't seem himself and I fear that his solo persona will start eating away at the character he is outside of it. It is missing the alot of the cockiness I love about the character and the amount of trouble he has with common thugs bugs the sh!t outta me.

That's my biggest problem.Kate Bishop seems more dangerous than Hawkeye.Hawkeye fighting skills are so pathetic in that sereis I know he was never the best fighter but he is far beeter than the way he's been potrayed in the current series,I miss the way he was written in Hawkeye & Mockingbird.I also enjoyed the way Bendis wrote him in Avengers

#31 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134 said:

@Blood1991 said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@Blood1991 said:

That's my biggest problem.Kate Bishop seems more dangerous than Hawkeye.Hawkeye fighting skills are so pathetic in that sereis I know he was never the best fighter but he is far beeter than the way he's been potrayed in the current series,I miss the way he was written in Hawkeye & Mockingbird.I also enjoyed the way Bendis wrote him in Avengers

Fraction is basically in this series to eventually write a Kate Bishop series "which is fine, but remember who the star is" I enjoyed Remender's version in Secret Avengers and Yes Hawkeye was epic in Hawkeye and Mockingbird!

Dinosaur noises just for sh!ts and giggles. How can you not love this guy?

I go in and out with Bendis. I'm especially not a fan of Hawkeye and Spider-Woman :/

#32 Posted by daredevil21134 (11510 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@Blood1991 said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@Blood1991 said:

Fraction is basically in this series to eventually write a Kate Bishop series "which is fine, but remember who the star is" I enjoyed Remender's version in Secret Avengers and Yes Hawkeye was epic in Hawkeye and Mockingbird!

Dinosaur noises just for sh!ts and giggles. How can you not love this guy?

I go in and out with Bendis. I'm especially not a fan of Hawkeye and Spider-Woman :/

LOL.he's so awsome.Too bad Jim Mcann never got a monthly solo.Amd I agree on Hawkeye and Spider-Woman not being impressive.

#33 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: Yeah to mini's, but no series v_v. He had three miniseries practically back to back if you count Avengers Solo.

#34 Posted by daredevil21134 (11510 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@daredevil21134: Yeah to mini's, but no series v_v. He had three miniseries practically back to back if you count Avengers Solo.

Yup,I read them all lol

#36 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: Most seem to be fans of both, but Bats got crazy pull.

We gotta at least try.

#38 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

@Blood1991: Most seem to be fans of both, but Bats got crazy pull.

We gotta at least try.

Well they got my vote. Though after the X-Men's defeat my moral is pretty thin.

#39 Posted by Omegus (188 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 The H&M mini was spose to be a ongoing but Marvel changed their minds after issue 4 . I really didn't like Widowmaker to much. McCann really saved that mini with his writing. I found McCann's style really paid homage to Hawkeye and how he had developed of the decades as a character.

Now I love this new series and love how it shows Clint as Clint not Hawkeye. But I feel it would be better if they brought in charatcers that help shape him.  

Like Crossfire : That man hates Clint with every fibre. 

Barney Barton : His recently resurrected older brother now takes the title of Trickshot.. He hates Clint for letting him die.(the first time). 

Baron Zemo : Still wants Hawkeye to suffer for ruining his love life with Moonstone and using her moonstones.
#40 Edited by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Omegus said:

@Blood1991 The H&M mini was spose to be a ongoing but Marvel changed their minds after issue 4 . I really didn't like Widowmaker to much. McCann really saved that mini with his writing. I found McCann's style really paid homage to Hawkeye and how he had developed of the decades as a character.

Now I love this new series and love how it shows Clint as Clint not Hawkeye. But I feel it would be better if they brought in charatcers that help shape him.

Like Crossfire : That man hates Clint with every fibre.

Barney Barton : His recently resurrected older brother now takes the title of Trickshot.. He hates Clint for letting him die.(the first time).

Baron Zemo : Still wants Hawkeye to suffer for ruining his love life with Moonstone and using her moonstones.

With the nature of the book I could see Barney, but the other two not as much "Though it would be cool". However, I could easily see the Oddball since he is more or less a joke anyway.

I should ask Fraction if he plans on using any of Clint's bad guys.

#41 Posted by Omegus (188 posts) - - Show Bio
@Blood1991  said: I should ask Fraction if he plans on using any of Clint's bad guys.

UHHHH, YES!

If you have any chance to run into fraction and ask that DO SO. 
I loved the Dynamic between Clint and william since the mini series in the 80's and the west coast avengers and finally H&M and Heroes for hire. Thoese two are ment to be enemies
#42 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Omegus said:

@Blood1991 said: I should ask Fraction if he plans on using any of Clint's bad guys.

UHHHH, YES!

If you have any chance to run into fraction and ask that DO SO. I loved the Dynamic between Clint and william since the mini series in the 80's and the west coast avengers and finally H&M and Heroes for hire. Thoese two are ment to be enemies

Oh he has a Tumblr

http://mattfraction.com/

I loved when he freaked out during Heroes for Hire during Fear Itself. Crossfire isn't a bad villain when done right,

#43 Posted by Omegus (188 posts) - - Show Bio

Make it so. 

#44 Posted by God_Spawn (37718 posts) - - Show Bio

Respect the boomerang arrow.

#45 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Omegus said:

Make it so.

He takes questions like once a week I'll try to get something, but he is pretty evasive.

@god_spawn said:

Respect the boomerang arrow.

Bro, it comes back to you.

#46 Posted by Omegus (188 posts) - - Show Bio
@Blood1991: I sent him a tweet. I hope he replies.  
#47 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Omegus said:

@Blood1991: I sent him a tweet. I hope he replies.

He's pretty good about that, but he doesn't give straight answers.

#48 Posted by Transformers1024 (1802 posts) - - Show Bio

BUMP!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.