Follow

Hawkeye

Character » Hawkeye appears in 4822 issues.

Trained by criminals and inspired by heroes, Clint Barton has grown from a troubled youth into one of the greatest heroes on Earth. The world knows him best as Hawkeye: Earth's Mightiest Marksman. A member of the Avengers for many years, he has left the team on occasion because of team friction. But he always returns, ready to face any threat.

Green Arrow rip-off

• 116 results
    TheRedRobin96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By TheRedRobin96

Green Arrow is a rip off from Robin Hood. And Hawkeye is a rip off from Green Arrow.

Omegus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#102  Edited By Omegus

@TheRedRobin96: how is green arrow a robin hood rip off? other than they both use bows how is he a ripoff?

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
    Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Guardiandevil83

Every Charecter rips off another. Sentry/Shazam/Cap Atom/Apollo...All rip off Superman. Midnighter, Moon Knight, Black Panther, Rip off Batman. Blue Beetle/Ted Kord is Dc's answer to Spiderman/Peter Parker.

Omegus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Omegus

@Guardiandevil83: I would say a rip off is a blatant image and story copy with minor changes. If you had ever been to a dollar store back in 2004/2005 you would have found in the toy isle a toy series called "boy wizard" a blatant ripoff of Harry Potter. The action figure had minor changes the characters name was "Jerry...something" instead of a lightning bolt on his head he had a moon. wore almost the exact clothes as Harry. Now that is a ripoff. All these characters have something similar but that does not mean they are ripoffs.

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By CrimsonCake

As long as they get more media attention I'm fine.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#106  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

I like both, I like Hawkeye better but I like both

z1co80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#107  Edited By z1co80

I like both but as someone who is just getting into comics i know a bit more about Hawkeye so my preference is toward him.

My only real experience of the Green Arrow is through the DC Showcase animated film. I enjoyed it so would be interested in him.

TheAntiReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By TheAntiReVamp

@Vance Astro said:

@sethysquare said:
    ollie appeared first so hawkeye is the ripoff. Green arrow is getting hisbown tv show that'll last for years and hawkeye can kiss his own ass.
    Robin Hood appeared first so Green Arrow is a rip-off.

Robin Hood is too much of a classic character that you just can't rip off.If you resemble something from mythology or popular culture,people are going to say your a parody or you took inspiration.The Lion King's plot is similar to Hamlet,does that make it a rip off?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#109  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @TheAntiReVamp said:

Robin Hood is too much of a classic character that you just can't rip off.If you resemble something from mythology or popular culture,people are going to say your a parody or you took inspiration.The Lion King's plot is similar to Hamlet,does that make it a rip off?

I don't consider any character a rip-off but I do know what comic fans generally accept as a rip-off, Green Arrow isn't a parody but any character that people believe is a "rip-off" takes inspiration from other characters. I don't know anything about The Lion King and Hamlet, what I do know that Green Arrow wouldn't exist without Robin Hood. There's no such thing as "too much of a classic character", recycling someone's idea is what it is no matter how long ago the character was created.
    Crackdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Crackdown

Actually, actually, (fanboy sniffle, heavy breath) Golden Archer from Squadron Supreme is a rip off of Green Arrow

CrimsonCake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By CrimsonCake

@TheAnnihilator said:

@sethysquare said:

you can argue all u want. its not going to matter what u think. A 30 minutes appearance on Avengers does not make him instantly popular. If so then why dont he have his own comic? Face it, Hawkeye will always be in the minor leagues while GA had so many more mainstrean appearances and have been having his solo book for years since the 80s. Smallville is being aired all over the world, so is batb and jlu. But if u wanna deny the fact then no one is stopping you. p.s. green arrow has been pretty consistent in all his mainstream appearance. Hawkeye look way too different in emh and avengers.

@TheAnnihilator:

I can argue all I want, but I won't. Yes, the fourth highest-grossing movie of all time does make him instantly popular. The mainstream audience will recognize Hawkeye (only in his new costume) before Green Arrow and care about him more. Hawkeye does have his own comic starting in a few months and has one before that ran for quite a while. Hawkeye and Mockingbird isn't quite a solo and didn't last as long though. He's been a mainstay on the Avengers for a while, lead the West-Coast Avengers, the Thunderbolts, and now the Secret Avengers. So as of now he is a prominent character in: The Avengers, Secret Avengers, Avenging Spider-Man, Captain America and Hawkeye, and will have his own ongoing in a couple of months. How many books is Green Arrow in?

Just thought I'd leave this here...

No Caption Provided
    sethysquare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#112  Edited By sethysquare

lol.

Omegus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Omegus

@CrimsonCake: Garbage. absolute garbage. This is why I never wanted him in the movie in the first place. The mass population who have a combined IQ of 12 who make no effort to even research the character after watching the movie base ridiculous comments based on a movie which does not give the viewer any info on Clint other than he uses a bow and he works for shield.

Emperor_Radec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green arrow all day. Hawkeye sucks.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol

HeroUp2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Adding more ripoffs to the ripping offs. Green Arrow...back in the day ripped off almost ALL of Batman's stuff. He had an Arrow Cave, an Arrowmobile, an Arrow Plane (which is kind of a cool name when ya think about it), there was more, but I forget.

There was even a joke about it in Kevin Smith's run, when Green Arrow came back from the dead much younger and forgotten about ten years. Batman found him, and GA said something about going to get the Arrowmobile, and Batman replies "Did you ever have an original idea?"

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.