Green Arrow rip-off

• 113 results
#1 Posted by JSAVen (100 posts) - - Show Bio

sorry, im not trolling, but that`s the true

no hate . nothing personal.

#2 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrow's a rip off of Robin Hood (;

#3 Posted by Icarusflies (12490 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep, Hawkeye is. And when he had Mockingbird as his girlfriend or whatever? Even worse.

#4 Posted by War Killer (20129 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, because a guy who shoots arrows is so original...

#5 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care if he's a rip-off, he's still a great character. And Green Arrow sucks, imo.

#6 Posted by WildStyle (331 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye>>>Green Arrow

#7 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer Green Arrow, but neither are extremely original.

#8 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12949 posts) - - Show Bio

So? He's still awesome

#9 Posted by Cavemold (1679 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye is now rip off of GA. :p

#10 Posted by Onemoreposter (4021 posts) - - Show Bio

They're nothing alike besides the fact they're both archers

#11 Posted by BlackArmor (6137 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackadamFTW said:

I prefer Green Arrow, but neither are extremely original.

this

#12 Posted by daredevil21134 (11477 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye is better

#13 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see the problem.

And...

Ultimate Hawkeye > Green Arrow > Hawkeye

#14 Posted by Mercy_ (92684 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@blackadamFTW said:

Green Arrow's a rip off of Robin Hood (;

#15 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

I love archery, any character that is an archer is a good character in my books. I personally appreciated Hawkeye even more after his portrayal in both Earth's Mightiest Heroes and The Avengers.

#16 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5381 posts) - - Show Bio

Robin Hood > Green Arrow
Hawkeye> Green Arrow
Speedy> Green Arrow

#17 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyborg is the only original character in the current JLA.

#18 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually if you take away the archery they are 2 incredibly different characters, Oliver Queen was a rich guy who had a life altering experience by being stranded on a desert island and was forced to learn archery as a method of survival, Clint Barton was raised in the circus and spent his life perfecting the craft. Oliver Queen became a changed man after a near death experience, Hawkeye wanted to be a hero from the start but was mistaken for a villain at first then used by the Black Widow when she was a spy. Really aside from being secondary members of their respective universe's premier super hero team and having the same type weapon I can't think of a whole lot they have in common. Unless you're willing to call every super strong hero a Hercules rip off or every hero who uses a gun to be a Punisher rip off then you don't have much of a case.

#19 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

Actually if you take away the archery they are 2 incredibly different characters, Oliver Queen was a rich guy who had a life altering experience by being stranded on a desert island and was forced to learn archery as a method of survival, Clint Barton was raised in the circus and spent his life perfecting the craft. Oliver Queen became a changed man after a near death experience, Hawkeye wanted to be a hero from the start but was mistaken for a villain at first then used by the Black Widow when she was a spy. Really aside from being secondary members of their respective universe's premier super hero team and having the same type weapon I can't think of a whole lot they have in common. Unless you're willing to call every super strong hero a Hercules rip off or every hero who uses a gun to be a Punisher rip off then you don't have much of a case.

I'd also say that they're similar in that they both constantly question authority, but I agree nevertheless.

#20 Posted by CaptainCockblock (3672 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye started off as a Green Arrow ripoff, but he made his own way, becoming his own character who's only similarity to the Emerald Archer was his weapon of choice... until Hawkeye and Mockingbird. Sigh. Still, they have different characteristics and I like them both on their own merits. They're both among the best and most under appreciated characters in their universes, I just personally prefer Green Arrow.

#21 Posted by BatWatch (2610 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer: @War Killer said:

Yeah, because a guy who shoots arrows is so original...

QFT

#22 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: Questioning authority is a fairly common trait among super heroes and to be fair Hawkeye was doing the whole questioning authority first because back in the Silver age when Green Arrow was created DC was the CCA's bi^ch and heroes weren't allowed to question authority

#23 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Fair enough. So in a way, they're kind of rip-offs of each other in that regard.

#24 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: pretty much, Green Arrow started the gimmick (By ripping off Robin Hood) And Hawkeye started the attitude(By ripping off Robin Hood) I'm sensing a pattern

#25 Posted by God_Spawn (37707 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious said:

I don't care if he's a rip-off, he's still a great character. And Green Arrow sucks, imo.

#26 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134 said:

Hawkeye is better

Agreed

#27 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@mr.obvious said:

#28 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye is sooooo much better than GA imo

#29 Edited by cattlebattle (12694 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:

They also both fell in love with blondes that are ood fighters
#30 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12949 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle:since when does Mockingbird have a sonic scream?

#31 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: Mocking Bird has no super powers unless they gave her some recently and I haven't noticed

#32 Posted by cattlebattle (12694 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:
@cattlebattle:since when does Mockingbird have a sonic scream?
woops...I mixed her up with Songbird...I'll fix it....blondes with great fighting prowess
#33 Posted by Omegus (188 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a pointless argument. I love Clint's character because he worked HARD to be what he is now. So what if he not the "Original archer". Going to lose sleep over this?

Both have defined what it means to be humans in a "super" hero world. So what if they can't fly or have super strength or manipulate time . They both bring what alot of humans forgot, Determination to be the best even with short comings. On many many occasions he could have said "Hulk's got this." But no, He showed up and did more than any human could do in combat. He is the pinnacle of human conditioning. He not only mastered the skills of archery but stepped it up and became Ronin now using his new found abilities using swords (which he learned from Swordsman) .

So to end this ridiculous thread. Who cares.

#34 Posted by CODYSF (2053 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawk eye sucks GA is where is at and Oliver is just a way better character.

#35 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

I don't see the problem.

And...

Ultimate Hawkeye > Green Arrow > Hawkeye

#36 Posted by Strider92 (16277 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Hawkeye>>>>>>>Green Arrow>Hawkeye

#37 Posted by Lion_Heart22 (446 posts) - - Show Bio

Please, GA was a Batman ripoff with absolute ZERO personality, only his gimmick was arrows, not bats. He had the sidekick (Speedy), was a millionaire in his secret identity and even had an Arrowmobile or something like that. Then they killed him off because he was so uninteresting.

Then came Hawkeye, a former villain who always challenged Cap and was a jerk with a heart of Gold. Cocky, opinionated, headstrong, liked to mess with people, to challenge them, and most importantly, didn't have a boxing glove arrow. And whaddayaknow? Not long after that, Green Arrow resurfaces, sporting a new attitude, challenging the status quo, getting on everyone's face, etc.

So um, yeah, Green Arrow might have come first, but everything that makes him popular now was added to his character AFTER Hawkeye was created, with some similarities in their personalities, nothing suspicious about that! And yet people think Hawkeye ripped him off because they both use a bow and arrow. Meh.

#38 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrow is so lame. That said, I'm not a Hawkeye fan.

#39 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL.

#40 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

Almost all super hero archers are rip offs of Robin Hood any way GA more than most

#41 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lion_Heart22 said:

Please, GA was a Batman ripoff with absolute ZERO personality, only his gimmick was arrows, not bats. He had the sidekick (Speedy), was a millionaire in his secret identity and even had an Arrowmobile or something like that. Then they killed him off because he was so uninteresting.

Then came Hawkeye, a former villain who always challenged Cap and was a jerk with a heart of Gold. Cocky, opinionated, headstrong, liked to mess with people, to challenge them, and most importantly, didn't have a boxing glove arrow. And whaddayaknow? Not long after that, Green Arrow resurfaces, sporting a new attitude, challenging the status quo, getting on everyone's face, etc.

So um, yeah, Green Arrow might have come first, but everything that makes him popular now was added to his character AFTER Hawkeye was created, with some similarities in their personalities, nothing suspicious about that! And yet people think Hawkeye ripped him off because they both use a bow and arrow. Meh.

Someone gets it.

#42 Posted by FinnVarra (226 posts) - - Show Bio

Screw 'em both.

#43 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@FinnVarra: Shaft sucks

#44 Posted by FinnVarra (226 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

@FinnVarra: Shaft sucks

lol, I know. I was just being funny. Arrow based heroes in general suck.

#45 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@FinnVarra: I like Hawkeye and GA but for the most part you're right

#46 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio
ollie appeared first so hawkeye is the ripoff. Green arrow is getting hisbown tv show that'll last for years and hawkeye can kiss his own ass.
#47 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by Vance Astro (91196 posts) - - Show Bio
@sethysquare said:
ollie appeared first so hawkeye is the ripoff. Green arrow is getting hisbown tv show that'll last for years and hawkeye can kiss his own ass.
Robin Hood appeared first so Green Arrow is a rip-off.
#49 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio
not in comics. If ollie is a ripboff then hawkeye is a ripoff of a ripoff. besides hawkeye dont even have his own defining stories and cant support a monthly. so yeah hawkeye kinda sucks

@Vance Astro said:

@sethysquare said:
Robin Hood appeared first so Green Arrow is a rip-off.
#50 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: As with all Heroes Hercules did it before all of them

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.