Clint's Powers

#1 Posted by danhimself (22305 posts) - - Show Bio

So during New Avenger issues 55-57 they went up against the Wrecking Crew who had the help of the power inhibitor that the Avengers had planned to use against the Dark Avengers.  The only hero left standing while the inhibitor was activated was Bobbi aka Mockingbird.  Why did Clint go down?  Did he recieve some sort of unknown ability when he was resurrected by the Scarlet Witch in House of M? 

#2 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
" So during New Avenger issues 55-57 they went up against the Wrecking Crew who had the help of the power inhibitor that the Avengers had planned to use against the Dark Avengers.  The only hero left standing while the inhibitor was activated was Bobbi aka Mockingbird.  Why did Clint go down?  Did he recieve some sort of unknown ability when he was resurrected by the Scarlet Witch in House of M? 
I think Bendis wrote this and didn't consider everyone on the team doesn't have powers.Clint only had powers when he was Giant Man.Nothing more.If he received some sort of ability from Scarlet Witch there was nothing said or shown from it.
#3 Posted by danhimself (22305 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro:
maybe something left from his time as Giant Man?
#4 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

I think its lame that the power inhibitor didn't just nullify their powers but seemed to take down anyone with powers. Nearly all of the people there have experienced losing their powers at one time or another so I think they should have been able to deal with not having any powers. Would have been a better issue if their powers for turned off and they still beat the bad guys.

#5 Edited by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:

" @Vance Astro: maybe something left from his time as Giant Man? "

It's possible.I hate how Bendis leaves things open ended with no background for us to actually figure it out.This could be a screw up,he could have powers that we haven't seen yet,this could be left overs from the Pym particles.It could be anything.Now thinking about this comic.I think the solicits for an upcoming comic just gave away what will happen to Cage.
#6 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

Best bet is that it's from the Pym Particles unless it's something Wanda did when she resurrected him post-HoM. What bothered me most was that they didn't question why Clint was subjected to it when he didn't really have powers, which leads me to believe that either Bendis slipped up and it'll come up sometime later or it's just the Pym Particles.

Either way, it's not a bad arc, IMO. Immonen's art seems a little out of element following Tan and Yu but I've always been a fan.

#7 Posted by Vance Astro (91123 posts) - - Show Bio
@iLLituracy said:
" Best bet is that it's from the Pym Particles unless it's something Wanda did when she resurrected him post-HoM. What bothered me most was that they didn't question why Clint was subjected to it when he didn't really have powers, which leads me to believe that either Bendis slipped up and it'll come up sometime later or it's just the Pym Particles.  Either way, it's not a bad arc, IMO. Immonen's art seems a little out of element following Tan and Yu but I've always been a fan. "
Well they've had a member missing from the team since day one and nobody ever bothered to look for her or really care where she is so the fact nobody questioned a man with no powers being hurt by something that takes them away doesn't surprise me.
#8 Posted by DP812 (90 posts) - - Show Bio

Is anyone really surprised that Bendis made a screw-up with the Avengers? Not like he hasn't been screwing up with them for a few years now.

#9 Posted by Erik (31693 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it could be specifically because of his resurrection by Scarlet Witch. It even states in the issue that they thought he did not have powers.

#10 Posted by Lustwish (531 posts) - - Show Bio

won't matter she is supposed to die in the coming issue or issues anyhow. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.