Back to the bow

#1 Posted by avengpymhawk (371 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that Clint to toss the Ronin persona, and go back to the basics. I miss the funny and cocky attitude. Him as Ronin is way too serious. Heck, let Kate Bishop take the Ronin persona.

#2 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed

#3 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed

#4 Posted by Akira Overdrive (10077 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah,i like him as Ronin.

#5 Posted by Cardinal (50 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree, avengpymhawk. The change to Ronin was a seriously poor move on the part of Marvel. True, it does show some range in Barton's skill, but would you throw away your main talent/weapon/skill with the excuse that you don't feel like employing it anymore? Alright...well I do have super strength...but I think I want to focus on using my nonexistent telepathic powers instead.....

#6 Posted by pimpnerd88 (16 posts) - - Show Bio

Bring back the arrows, keep the serious attitude. He's been portrayed as a chump for far too long.

#7 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

Is he taking back the Hawkeye personna?

#8 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"Is he taking back the Hawkeye personna?"
I hope not. I also don't see what the Ronin persona has to do with him being more serious either. I figured his seriousness stemmed from dieing and returning to find out his team had been dismantled and Cap was dead. He's got his moments of cocky funniness though. He and Spidey were having a banter contest during one fight.
#9 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio
Slinger said:
"John Valentine said:
"Is he taking back the Hawkeye personna?"
I hope not. I also don't see what the Ronin persona has to do with him being more serious either. I figured his seriousness stemmed from dieing and returning to find out his team had been dismantled and Cap was dead. He's got his moments of cocky funniness though. He and Spidey were having a banter contest during one fight."
I hope that he's still Ronin, but with a bow.
#10 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess I could see that. There should be a duplicate bow for him to use now anyway since killing the skrull version of Hawkeye. Although I doubt he is going back to the bow, because he didn't take it with him from the Savage Land, which I imagine he would.

#11 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio
Slinger said:
"I guess I could see that. There should be a duplicate bow for him to use now anyway since killing the skrull version of Hawkeye. Although I doubt he is going back to the bow, because he didn't take it with him from the Savage Land, which I imagine he would."
No. Still, he kicks ass as Ronin so I'm pleased: either way he's my favorite Avenger.
#12 Posted by CM9 (188 posts) - - Show Bio

Is he still Ronin ?

#13 Posted by avengpymhawk (371 posts) - - Show Bio

Pimpnerd 88  states,

"Bring back the arrows, keep the serious attitude. He's been portrayed as a chump for far too long."

I beg to differ. Right off the top of my head, he has accomplished these very feats with his good loving personality.
1. Defeated the Collector when the other Avengers such as Thor could not.
2. Saved the Avengers from the Grandmaster.
3. Took-out the Abomination, who is almost as strong as the Hulk
4. Beat down Batroc's Brigade by himself.
5. Spanked the Thunderbolts, before he took leadership.

#14 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't mind seeing him go back to Hawkeye.  I hope they don't screw him over as a character if they keep the Ronin get up.

#15 Posted by Vance Astro (91235 posts) - - Show Bio

He's better as Ronin.I hope Kate Bishop isn't dead if someone is going to be Hawkeye.....

#16 Posted by Kitty98 (856 posts) - - Show Bio

Kate is most definitely alive-Secret Invasion #8

Clint Barton will be Ronin-Confirmed in a preview to Mighty Avengers #20

#17 Posted by Vance Astro (91235 posts) - - Show Bio
Kitty98 said:
"Kate is most definitely alive-Secret Invasion #8

Clint Barton will be Ronin-Confirmed in a preview to Mighty Avengers #20"
Ronin is shown in the picture..but it doesn't say it's Clint.It could be Maya.
#18 Edited by Kitty98 (856 posts) - - Show Bio

The mask comes off and you see Clint

#19 Posted by Vance Astro (91235 posts) - - Show Bio
Kitty98 said:
"The mask comes off and you see Clint
"
Are you sure that's Clint (It's obviously a male)...but I can't see it.Also that would mean if he is Ronin that Echo is still MIA and that Hawkeye is someone else..possible Bullseye.
#20 Posted by thunderbolt (2357 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Kitty98 said:
"The mask comes off and you see Clint
"
Are you sure that's Clint (It's obviously a male)...but I can't see it.Also that would mean if he is Ronin that Echo is still MIA and that Hawkeye is someone else..possible Bullseye."
He's looking at Wanda in curiosity wondering if that was really her IMO so I think it's Clint
#21 Posted by Vance Astro (91235 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no idea what is going on in that scan....

#22 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

I reckon that Hawkeye is Bullseye.

#23 Posted by Vance Astro (91235 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"I reckon that Hawkeye is Bullseye."
Makes sense.
#24 Posted by thunderbolt (2357 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"John Valentine said:
"I reckon that Hawkeye is Bullseye."
Makes sense."
Yes it does
#25 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

I kinda want Him to take back that position, or give him some AWESOME feats as Ronin that will bost his image.

#26 Posted by CM9 (188 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss the bow

#27 Posted by War Killer (20211 posts) - - Show Bio

After reading Clint in New Avengers, I do wish he'd go back to being Hawkeye, I mean Kate can still be Hawkeye as well, just give Clint his bow and purple mask back already and have him kick Bullseye's butt all over the Asgardian battle field in Seige.

#28 Posted by UberMan51 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe that he could stay as the costumed Ronin but just give him the bow and arrow and modify the costume and armor a little bit to accomodate the change in weaponry. Kate Bishop has officially been donned Hawkeye by the late Captain America and Clint has enough respect for Cap that he will not take back his name from a girl who has definately earned. He just needs the Bow and arrrows and but heads a little and he'll be the old Clint we all love but the new Ronin that we will all respect.

#29 Posted by UberMan51 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Tweaking the colors wouldnt be a bad idea either

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.