are hawkeye and spiderwoman still a thing?

#1 Posted by Darksider555 (398 posts) - - Show Bio

i have read the recent A+X,and at the end of the issue a girl asks him on a date and he accepted.So are they still in a relationship(even though a bad one)?Hopefully he gets back with Bobbi.

#2 Posted by Omegus (186 posts) - - Show Bio

i fully agreed with that last part of your statement.

#3 Edited by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Depending on what time period his solo is happening he may be cheating on her anyway so either she finds out and kicks him to the curb or he breaks it off. Personally with Clint having a solo I think single is best for him

#4 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

I just talked with Fraction. The series takes place Post AVX and it will be covered in issues 8 and 9

#5 Posted by guardiandevil (38 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: Hahaa that cover is HILARIOUS!

#6 Posted by daredevil21134 (10639 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully not

#7 Posted by Omegus (186 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: same here, sir.

#8 Edited by Teerack (5221 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly hope not. I really want Jess to end it. She's been through too much to get hurt by Hawkeye the way he always hurts women. Honestly ever sense the heroic age started and there were all those cute Spider-Woman and Spider-Man hanging out scenes I've thought they should give dating a try. Jess is so much stronger and smarter then the kind of women peter usually dates. Not like it matters anymore though with superior spider-man....

#9 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@guardiandevil said:

@Blood1991: Hahaa that cover is HILARIOUS!

Looks like Clint was getting some Cherry while he was supposed to be tending to Jessica's web.

#10 Posted by daredevil21134 (10639 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess not

#11 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134 said:

I guess not

I won't get to read the latest issue until tomorrow, so I guess she found out about Cherry and split up.

#12 Posted by daredevil21134 (10639 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@daredevil21134 said:

I guess not

I won't get to read the latest issue until tomorrow, so I guess she found out about Cherry and split up.

It didn't even seem like they were together in first place

#13 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134 said:

@Blood1991 said:

@daredevil21134 said:

I guess not

Really? I know they started out as kind of friends with benefits, but the final issues of Bendis's Avengers made me think they were actually a couple. Oh well I didn't like them together in the first place.

#14 Posted by daredevil21134 (10639 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@Blood1991 said:

@daredevil21134 said:

I guess not

Really? I know they started out as kind of friends with benefits, but the final issues of Bendis's Avengers made me think they were actually a couple. Oh well I didn't like them together in the first place.

Me either.I also don't like the idea of Hawkeye being afraid of a serious relationship

#15 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134 said:

@Blood1991 said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@Blood1991 said:

@daredevil21134 said:

I guess not

Me either.I also don't like the idea of Hawkeye being afraid of a serious relationship

I'm not really digging that either. Hell he married Bobbi in the span of what 3 days? And they were together for years. Hell I loved them together in West Coast

I mean if he was going down that route I would at least like for something to push him there. Yeah he and Bobbi had a falling out, but nothing he stated made me think he was against finding someone new.

#16 Posted by daredevil21134 (10639 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@Blood1991 said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@Blood1991 said:

@daredevil21134 said:

I guess not

I'm not really digging that either. Hell he married Bobbi in the span of what 3 days? And they were together for years. Hell I loved them together in West Coast

I mean if he was going down that route I would at least like for something to push him there. Yeah he and Bobbi had a falling out, but nothing he stated made me think he was against finding someone new.

I agree.He also seemed to care deeply for Scarlet Witch.

#17 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: She sorta ripped his feelings into shreds and killed him :/

#18 Posted by daredevil21134 (10639 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

And he slept with her for retaliation.Or so he thought

#19 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134 said:

@Blood1991 said:

Yes..... The Doombot Wanda......

That awkward tidbit that made Children's Crusade go from weird to freaky real quick.

#20 Posted by daredevil21134 (10639 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@Blood1991 said:

That awkward tidbit that made Children's Crusade go from weird to freaky real quick.

But the fact is he cared for Wanda and I believe he also cared for Moonstone.I don't think he's afraid of getting serious

#21 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134 said:

@Blood1991 said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@Blood1991 said:

But the fact is he cared for Wanda and I believe he also cared for Moonstone.I don't think he's afraid of getting serious

That and the moment he had with Songbird proved he could control his libido.

#22 Posted by daredevil21134 (10639 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: Yeah I remember that.She got over excited and kissed him and he did't take advantage of her.He also went to San Francisco to battle Daredevil over Natasha if I recall correctly.Or was it at Avenger mansion?

#23 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134 said:

@Blood1991: Yeah I remember that.She got over excited and kissed him and he did't take advantage of her.He also went to San Francisco to battle Daredevil over Natasha if I recall correctly.Or was it at Avenger mansion?

Awww crap I wanna say San Fran, but I'm hazy.

#24 Posted by daredevil21134 (10639 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@daredevil21134 said:

Anyways its nice to chat with someone that really knows Hawkeye well

#25 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134 said:

@Blood1991 said:

@daredevil21134 said:

Anyways its nice to chat with someone that really knows Hawkeye well

Likewise. I know there are a few others, but they aren't on as much these days.

#26 Posted by daredevil21134 (10639 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: He's a great character and despite my issues with his current series i'm happy to see him have an successful series.I still miss his old costume though lol

#27 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134 said:

@Blood1991: He's a great character and despite my issues with his current series i'm happy to see him have an successful series.I still miss his old costume though lol

His new look has grown on me as of late, and yeah even though I have some issues I still love the series "Secret Avengers I'm not yet sure on though"

#28 Posted by daredevil21134 (10639 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: I don't mind it either I just prefer the old look

#29 Posted by PassionFlower (957 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't mind Clint and Wanda.

#30 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6040 posts) - - Show Bio

According to Avengers Assemble #12, they are currently a couple.

#31 Posted by Omegus (186 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: I too miss his costume from the Heroic Age. They need to bring it back.

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

I know and I dislike it soooo much. I loved him and Bobbi.

#32 Posted by daredevil21134 (10639 posts) - - Show Bio

@Omegus said:

@daredevil21134: I too miss his costume from the Heroic Age. They need to bring it back.

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

I know and I dislike it soooo much. I loved him and Bobbi.

In the last issue of Hawkeye she didn't seem to care too much when he kissed Cherry

#33 Posted by Omegus (186 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: She came onto him.....them he, well you know the rest.

#34 Posted by daredevil21134 (10639 posts) - - Show Bio

@Omegus said:

@daredevil21134: She came onto him.....them he, well you know the rest.

Yeah,I know lol

#35 Edited by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

Wait what?

See this is my problem with Spider-Woman. He makes out with a chick in front of you and you stay with him? This sh!t didn't happen when Clint and Bobbi were a thing (;_;) she set his ass straight.

#36 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6040 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991:She seemed very suspicious of what he and Black Widow were up to when having a private conversation. "If my boyfriend and his ex are keeping something from me, it sure as hell better be a surprise party... six months early."

If you needed some more details.

#37 Posted by Darksider555 (398 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991:She seemed very suspicious of what he and Black Widow were up to when having a private conversation. "If my boyfriend and his ex are keeping something from me, it sure as hell better be a surprise party... six months early."

If you needed some more details.

Actually i think that she was thinking that :D

#38 Posted by daredevil21134 (10639 posts) - - Show Bio

I think its over now.I was never a fan of the paring but I hate the way Fraction made it end

#39 Edited by darthfury78 (760 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

I honestly hope not. I really want Jess to end it. She's been through too much to get hurt by Hawkeye the way he always hurts women. Honestly ever sense the heroic age started and there were all those cute Spider-Woman and Spider-Man hanging out scenes I've thought they should give dating a try. Jess is so much stronger and smarter then the kind of women peter usually dates. Not like it matters anymore though with superior spider-man....

I think that a relationship between Peter Parker and Jessica Drew could work in the same manner as Peter and Carol Danvers. The problem is that no one wants to explore their relationship. In order for their friendship to grow, we need to see them hang out together in a civilian setting on a date because that is the only way for both of them to get to know the other. And Bendis did provide a few hints that Jessica is attracted to Peter Parker, and vice versa. Whenever they are together, they seem to act like an old married couple.

As for Superior Spider-Man, I think that he would stay as far away from Jessica as possible because she would kill Octavius if she learns that he took over Peter's body.

#40 Edited by Teerack (5221 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthfury78: The writer of Captain Marvel said that he wanted to show a close friendship between Peter and Carol and not go down the predictable path of dating. I sorta agree, I liked the idea of them being friends appose to Carol ending up as one of Peter's many ex's.

Peter Parker is dead though so I don't think it really matters anymore... and about Otto... I have a fear of him dating anyone because who ever he dates will be hugely scarred forever in the minds of fans. Like if he really ends up dating Black Cat like the cover teases I'll find myself disgusted by one of my longtime favorite characters. :(

#41 Edited by darthfury78 (760 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

@darthfury78: The writer of Captain Marvel said that she wanted to show a close friendship between Peter and Carol and not go down the predictable path of dating. I sorta agree, I liked the idea of them being friends as oppose to Carol ending up as one of Peter's many ex's.

Peter Parker is dead though so I don't think it really matters anymore... and about Otto... I have a fear of him dating anyone because who ever he dates will be hugely scarred forever in the minds of fans. Like if he really ends up dating Black Cat like the cover teases I'll find myself disgusted by one of my longtime favorite characters. :(

Even close friends go out on dates as a better way to get to know the other. But I feel the kind of friendship that Peter has with Carol should be applied to Jessica Drew, Natasha Romanov, Silver Sable, Psylocke, and Jennifer Walters. I feel that if they increase Peter's heroine friends to six, people wouldn't be too hung up as who his potential heroine girlfriend would be.

If Peter and Carol did have a serious relationship, it would have to be out of continuity for it to happen. And the same would apply to the other heroines as well. So far, Kelly Sue is more interested in exploring Carol's friendship with Jessica Drew than Peter Parker. It might have helped the Captain Marvel series if Spider-Man was a guest interacting with Carol Danvers as often as Jessica Does. But I suppose that Kelly Sue isn't really interested in using Spider-Man at all.

I am ok with the idea of Peter dating a super heroine. But to turn it into a romantic relationship on the Mary Jane level would not be a very good idea as the next creative team will destroy it as they have done with Peter and Mary Jane's marriage. The out of continuity option is the only way to showcase a romantic relationship between Peter and a heroine because it not likely that Marvel will ever revisit that world again to tear it a part. As for the Black Cat x Superior Spider-Man, I doubt that anything will happen between those two.

Regarding Spider-Wan x Spider-Man, I believe that Bendis wanted to explore their relationship. But when Marvel oppose the idea, he created Hawkeye x Spider-Woman as a couple instead. The relationship between Clint x Jessica felt more like a message of frustration on Bendis part because he could not make Peter Parker and Jessica Drew into a couple who have feelings for each other. I feel the Bendis knew that most folks would not like Clint x Jessica at all. This was a partial reason why he broke up Clint and Bobbi for Jessica as he rebound girlfriend.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.