Follow

Hawkeye & Mockingbird

Volume »

Entering the Heroic Age are Hawkeye & Mockingbird.

Review: Hawkeye & Mockingbird #6

Zack Freeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 371

User Lists: 0

Edited By Zack Freeman
    No Caption Provided
    The lovebirds come to terms with their break-up as Hawkeye confronts Crossfire in prison and Mockingbird ties up some loose ends with Skrulls in the Savage Land.

The Good

Before anything else, I want to say it's really refreshing that Lopez elects to use nine-panel grids so often in this book. There's such an effective rhythm achieved when the storytelling precedes in these kind of precise increments. And it's those precise increments that need special commendation because they infuse every single moment of this with such emotional oomph. Whether it's Hawkeye's pep talk with Cap or his chilling face-off with Crossfire, or Mockingbird's bittersweet reunion with her family or her revenge on the last remaining Skrull, there's enough drama here to sustain five books.

The Bad

Absolutely nothing, except that I really hope this isn't the end of the title. The letter page at the end says that Hawkeye & Mockingbird has run its course to give way to the Widowmaker crossover with Black Widow and, while that storyline sounds like it's going to be cool, I'll be upset if this book doesn't come back once the arc's run its course.

The Verdict - 5/5

I really, really don't want this book to end. It's been one of my favorite Marvel titles and its excellence hasn't diminished at all over any of these issues. If you're reading this, listen to me. Go back and pick up the back issues. Buy the trade whenever it comes out. Write in to Marvel. Send a message that you enjoy this kind of book, a lot, and vote with your wallet. This comic's too good to let go of!
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By sora_thekey

I haven't read this issue but this is definitely one of my favorite books. Although I know the run is over it doesn't mean the book is done.
    According to Jim McCann he will take the book and make a 4-part (or is it 2-Part? I forget) mini which "Pauses" both the Black Widow book and the H&M book for their stories to continue in one small crossover. As far as I understand once that crossover is over the books go back to normal... I hope!

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Meteorite

I swear, this is one of the best titles in my pull list.

Avatar image for artisticneedham
    ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

SO GLAD I had my store hold it for me.  I wasn't sure if I should, but I did.  Sounds awesome.
    @sora_thekey said:

" I haven't read this issue but this is definitely one of my favorite books. Although I know the run is over it doesn't mean the book is done. According to Jim McCann he will take the book and make a 4-part (or is it 2-Part? I forget) mini which "Pauses" both the Black Widow book and the H&M book for their stories to continue in one small crossover. As far as I understand once that crossover is over the books go back to normal... I hope! "

So it will be like young Avengers continuing after a few years of abscence in Childrens Quest (or whatever the name is, I should know because I get it every time its out.)  But it will be like that?
    Pizawle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By Pizawle

Cannot believe this one is ending so quick. F$$K Marvel! Bad enough they cancel Young Allies right as it starts getting good and that they canned the brilliant Atlas.

Meanwhile, Cap and Thor get a thousand books on shelves and every event has dozens of tie-ins.

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By tonis

nothings over till the lady singing gets fat! 
    trust fate on that :)

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Eyz

Very good looking book!
    I'll have to pick this one up :P

Aeroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Aeroman

I will pick this up immediately

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By longbowhunter

I recently got caught up on this title and I love it. I hope this isnt the end for the Love Birds. Its one of the best written superhero books on the shelves! Really digging Dominic Fortune too!
    Avatar image for comicbikerscott
    comicbikerscott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By comicbikerscott

i love mocking bird and hawkeye
    CaptainUseless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By CaptainUseless

I read somewhere that after Widowmaker is finished H & M will come back.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
    deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

Hey how come you were able to review it but mine vanished into thin air!

mightiness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

#12  Edited By mightiness

Best title Marvel has put out since the most recent Nova title and since Brubaker started his run on Cap

queenfrost_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By queenfrost_

I love this series so much! With all this Avengers crap I haven't been interested in Marvel lately, but this is really pulling me back to Marvel :D Bravo on Lopez's art and let it go on for more!

blackcanaryguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By blackcanaryguy

Really bummed that this might be the last issue. This was the only Marvel book I was buying.

harleyquinn12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 21

#15  Edited By harleyquinn12

I really hope this book isn't canceled! It got me back into Marvel!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.