Follow

Hawkeye & Mockingbird

Volume »

Entering the Heroic Age are Hawkeye & Mockingbird.

Review: Hawkeye & Mockingbird #5

Zack Freeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 371

User Lists: 0

Edited By Zack Freeman
    No Caption Provided
    Hawkeye and Mockingbird finally corner their enemies in the desert; and their disagreements about how severe an amount of force they should use threatens to sever their relationship.

The Good

Before anything else, I have to say that the scallop arrow that Hawkeye uses on Crossfire had to be the coolest, nastiest trick arrow I've probably ever seen in his arsenal. Seriously, I was going "Oooooooo" when he tangled the villain up with it... and that's rarely happened between me and a comic. I was also pleased by the allusions, both visual and verbal, to Bobbi's original confrontation with the Rider here; and how the lingering scars from that encounter color both the action in this issue as well as her relationship with Clint.

The Bad

The Rider goes on a pretty long monologue at the beginning and I couldn't help wondering why the bad guys were letting him talk that long. While it was definitely helpful to setting the context for the complex occult ritual going on in this issue, it might've been better off being included in the already-helpful recap page.

The Verdict - 4.5/5

This title's been seriously good at hooking you in with some serious cliffhangers. Nobody's shot and nobody's presumed dead at the end of this one - -  the last page concerns the relationship of the "love birds" and it's potentially even more dangerous than any bullet Crossfire might shoot or any curse the Phantom Rider might cast. Seriously, dig up this title's back issues and catch up before this arc concludes next issue.
    ckal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By ckal

Sounds good. I like Hawkeye. I haven't read any of these yet but I just might have to catch up on it.

Aeroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Aeroman

All I got to say is that was the deadliest trick arrow ever and I can't wait to see what other trick arrows he got in his quiver that could surprise me like that one.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By longbowhunter

I've heard so many good things about this title. Really curious to check it out. The Heroic Age has brought us great new books like Avengers Academy and Secret Avengers I have no doubt I'd dig this too.
    Pizawle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By Pizawle

Been enjoying this one because it is a pure comic book and I mean that in the sincerest way possible.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By sora_thekey

Between this and Young Allies I have to say that these two books are the best Heroic Age new series that have come out!
    I am so in love with Jim McCann's writing that I'm creeping myself out... it really is a Marvel!

Cafeterialoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Cafeterialoca

BUY THIS BOOK PEOPLE!
    One of the best series right now and IT NEEDS YOUR PURCHASES!  It's TEETERING on CANCELLATION!
    Don't go "I don't know, I guess?" Buy it.  You WON'T regret it!  Posters who who don't know about getting this, get it.  You won't be sorry.

OldManDuncan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By OldManDuncan

I'm going to get this in Trade.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By longbowhunter
    @Cafeterialoca:
    Your passion for this title has convinced me to give it a try. I'll hunt down issue #1 ASAP.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.