Follow

Havok

Character » Havok appears in 3701 issues.

Havok is the son of Corsair and brother of Cyclops, and Vulcan, and has led both the Brotherhood, of Mutants, and X-Factor. He also was part of Uncanny Avengers and Starjammers.

Would Havok's powers work best in space

Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Namor1987

Since he could absorb all the cosmic energies from the stars? Like would his powers be at his peak there

Pulsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Pulsar

Yup.
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By PrinceIMC

See to me its still the same, his body can only hold so much energy anyway. Being in space shouldn't make him able to hold any more energy than he does on Earth. And there's no indication that the cosmic energy he absorbs is hindered by Earth's atmosphere so he should still absorb it at the same rate.

thetitan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By thetitan0

can he only control it after it's in his body. or can he control it raw?

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PrinceIMC
    @thetitan0: I think he can only absorb it and then use it. Like Cyclops absorbs solar energy and Dazzler absorbs sound.
    Pulsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Pulsar
    @PrinceIMC said:
    "See to me its still the same, his body can only hold so much energy anyway. Being in space shouldn't make him able to hold any more energy than he does on Earth. And there's no indication that the cosmic energy he absorbs is hindered by Earth's atmosphere so he should still absorb it at the same rate."

His recent showings would lead me to think otherwise.
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PrinceIMC
    @Pulsar: I will admit I haven't really read anything with him since he went off into space. In Mutant X though he had some huge feats so maybe fighting in space he just isn't as concerned about collateral damage so he's let himself loose a bit more.
    pepperr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pepperr
    @PrinceIMC:  I believe though, that if he is on Earth, the mass of the bloody planet will prevent 360 degree absorption. He sure as heck won't hold more, but it prolly affects his recharge rate.
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PrinceIMC
    @pepperr: Who's to say the cosmic rays he absorbs are blocked by the planet? Heck maybe the mass of the planet draws more of it in so he can absorb it faster. Probably not but arguments could be made for either option until they say one way or another in the comics.
    MrMiracle77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By MrMiracle77

Real-world cosmic rays are heavily dispersed by the atmosphere, and are also blocked by the planet itself.  Only extremely long wavelength rays can pass through something the size of the Earth.

However, if Havok is a cosmic 'antenna', he'd actually alter the shape of the local cosmic field, and would bend rays toward himself regardless of whether he were in an atmosphere, space ship, or total vacuum.

Avatar image for iknoweverything
    IKnowEverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By IKnowEverything

My common sense tells me that he would be stronger in space.

Havenless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Havenless

@IKnowEverything said:

My common sense tells me that he would be stronger in space.

He may just have Superman Syndrome, where he severely hinders himself when he's around civilization.

Avatar image for eternalgrandmaster
    EternalGrandMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes they do work best in space. Go read Uncanny XMen story. Havok & Prof X chase Vulcan into space & after Vulcan becomes the Shi’ar Emperor.

Havok IMO uses his powers to their max here, he absorbs energy from a star and becomes hella strong

Avatar image for eternalgrandmaster
    EternalGrandMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes they do work best in space. Go read Uncanny XMen story. Havok & Prof X chase Vulcan into space & after Vulcan becomes the Shi’ar Emperor.

Havok IMO uses his powers to their max here, he absorbs energy from a star and becomes hella strong

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.