Criticizing Harry Potter

• 118 results
#1 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

So i been watching the entire Harry Potter series(dont Judge Me!!!) and  i keep thinking what kinda parents allows their kids to attend wizard school and what kinda school administration lets kids run around the halls when a killer or monster is on the school grounds?

just thinking about it blows my mind and its make it hard to believe or take the movies serious, i mean the school should have bn shut down ages ago if parents actually cared and complained. I mean the Slitheran dad with the long hair goes to the school when his obnoxious son gets scratched by the griffin horse thing and we're expected to believe that no other parents has gotten lawyers or the wizard council to shut it down when their sons and daughters are killed regularly inside the school halls?

#2 Posted by Edamame (28292 posts) - - Show Bio

LOL Well, among many other things, there is bullying in schools, and some parents don't do anything about it. My point is that some parents don't care what happens to their offspring.  Some, not all.

#3 Posted by jeanlucpicard (1845 posts) - - Show Bio

What blows my mind is how the keep saying "he who must not be named", its easier to just say That guy, kinda like the pill, everyone knows what your talking about w/o being specific.
#4 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

also seeing Robert Pattison added to the negative feelings i had for the movie

#5 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio

HARRY POTTER IS THE DEVIL!

Oh wait it's not that kind of thread...
#6 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

that is just scary

#7 Posted by _Wildcard_ (365 posts) - - Show Bio
@isaac_clarke said:

"

"
that video made me literally laugh out loud. my favorite line is "this is a generation of purity". lol
#8 Posted by Mercy_ (92863 posts) - - Show Bio
@isaac_clarke said:
"

"
The stupidity of people never fails to amaze, amuse and scare me all at once. 
#9 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

she's never surfed the web

#10 Posted by DarkShadows (742 posts) - - Show Bio

It's Hogwarts. A school for wizards and witches, of course there are monsters lurking around the school. And if you read the books, they are parents who complained about the safety of the school.

#11 Posted by isaac_clarke (5448 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking: @The Dark Huntress: @_Wildcard_: 
Just another religious fanatic that likely hasn't even seen the films or bothered picking up the books. The only frustrating part is what she does to these children, brainwash and push her own agendas on them under the name of SWEET JESUS!
She probably hates Merlin too. MERLIN IS A WARLOCK, WARLOCK = EVIL! blah blah blah.
#12 Posted by Mercy_ (92863 posts) - - Show Bio
@isaac_clarke:   
#13 Posted by Sexy Merc (42076 posts) - - Show Bio

If you're on a comic book forum and see something wrong with how unrealistic Harry Potter is, then there's a problem.

#14 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:
" @isaac_clarke:   
"
Kill it with hellfire
#15 Posted by Mercy_ (92863 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir: 
#16 Posted by Edamame (28292 posts) - - Show Bio

^ LOL That video is hilarious. 

#17 Posted by _Wildcard_ (365 posts) - - Show Bio

oh god, that video was awesomely horrible. gargoyles, sooo evil. and apparently the moon is now evil...

#18 Posted by Billy Batson (58153 posts) - - Show Bio

#19 Posted by Billy Batson (58153 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc said:
"

If you're on a comic book forum and see something wrong with how unrealistic Harry Potter is, then there's a problem.

"

this

#20 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

Harry Potter sucks... The end. Now watch this awesome video and laugh;

#21 Posted by ComicMan24 (147093 posts) - - Show Bio

You are overthinking a bit too much I guess lol

#22 Edited by Darkseid Elite (8424 posts) - - Show Bio
@isaac_clarke said:
"

"

Damn if water bottle water is all it takes to get clean and excepted by God, I'ma leave it up and before I die I know what I'm doing!
#23 Posted by Darkseid Elite (8424 posts) - - Show Bio

Live*
#24 Edited by buttersdaman000 (9973 posts) - - Show Bio

I love harry potter but I always thought a normal human would break a wizards ass lol.
Seriously, wizards are probably much weaker and more out of shape then the normal person. And a wizard still has enough speed to dodge spells.
If Voldemort had come up on me and tried to start shiiii I woulda dodged his green blast and mike tysoned his face man
Problem effin solved.
A muggle man defeats the Dark Lord with one punch. ONE PUNCH!!!

And you know what else I figured out why Voldemort had never really expanded to the united states. He stayed in England because if he ran up to some doods in the states chances are he would got his as shot lol.
Problem effin solved.
A gang banger defeats the Dark Lord with one bullet. ONE BULLET!!!

#25 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29510 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:

" Harry Potter sucks... The end. Now watch this awesome video and laugh;

"
Cracked FTW
#26 Posted by King Saturn (224454 posts) - - Show Bio
I think I have only seen one Harry Potter movie in its entirety 
#27 Posted by Ebbm (1118 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking:

Only one kid had died at Hogwarts up until the final book. And the big point of Book 2 was that they were planning on shutting the school down for fear that it would happen again.
#28 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19296 posts) - - Show Bio

Video is hilarious... THE HOLY BOTTLE OF WATER... I LOVE IT 

#29 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ebbm said:
" @castleking: Only one kid had died at Hogwarts up until the final book. And the big point of Book 2 was that they were planning on shutting the school down for fear that it would happen again. "
yeh, but the level of irresponsibility of the school staff amazes me..

how can they condone life and death games?
the triwizard tournament fighting dragons, underwater creatures and whatnot... i mean seriously why arent the teachers and dumbledore in jail for child endangerment?
#30 Posted by hydrabob--defunct (14860 posts) - - Show Bio

it's a movie it would be pretty boring if they had an actual school life

#31 Posted by azza04 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio
@isaac_clarke: poor deluded women, if christianity would of killed a 13 year old boy (a fictonal character or not) then i spit on that so called god. It's like rorschach said God doesn't make the world this way we do. It really made me feel wierd watching that video, a bit upsetting. 
#32 Posted by xkoenig (395 posts) - - Show Bio
@azza04 said:
" @isaac_clarke: poor deluded women, if christianity would of killed a 13 year old boy (a fictonal character or not) then i spit on that so called god. It's like rorschach said God doesn't make the world this way we do. It really made me feel wierd watching that video, a bit upsetting.  "
It's most upsetting 'cos she reduces a room full of children to tears. I mean, I get trying to get people to be good and true to each other, but making you hate yourself? Let's not get too carried away. But regarding the Harry Potter thing, she's just gone crackers IMO. There are some bat**** crazy people out there!!
#33 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27119 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
"

"

this

"
lol, gotta agree a bit here, HP is pure fantasy, you just sit back and smile, don;t try to think about it  ;)
#34 Edited by azza04 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio
@xkoenig: i cant say i believe in god in the form he is described in the bible. I do believe there is a creator though. Something had to have created the universe, i dont buy into that hole big bang theory, after all if it was true something must have created the elements that formed the big bang (it didnt just happen out of nothing) 
#35 Posted by ARMIV (4140 posts) - - Show Bio

My only thing against the series (at least the movies) would be the fact that everything seems too convienient.

....I spelt that right, right? Internet Explorer doesn't do spell check.

#36 Posted by HolySerpent (12641 posts) - - Show Bio
@Billy Batson said:
"
"
this made me laugh
#37 Posted by HolySerpent (12641 posts) - - Show Bio

Harry potter is the greatest.
i am proud to say i am a harry potter fan

#38 Posted by one_upper (1068 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking: Don't judge you? For watching Harry Potter. If I was going to judge you it would be for seemingly not having read the books.
#39 Posted by Sherlock (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

I hated all the movies after the second i could get passed the scenery and character changes.The books were ok i read them once will most likely never do so again just kinda meh for me

#40 Posted by one_upper (1068 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sherlock:  To each their own.
#41 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4763 posts) - - Show Bio

Keep in mind, Harry Potter was written for children. No one ever rants and raves about my favorite book from my childhood, Tangle and the Firesticks.

#42 Posted by Prince CortSether (2301 posts) - - Show Bio
@HolySerpent said:

" Harry potter is the greatest.
i am proud to say i am a harry potter fan
"

#43 Posted by one_upper (1068 posts) - - Show Bio
@sesquipedalophobe:  It started out as a children's book but has transcended generations. The very parents who read the books to thier children fell in love with them and a generation of children will bring that love to their children in the future I believe.
#44 Posted by HolySerpent (12641 posts) - - Show Bio
@Prince CortSether:

you my freind are a trol

#45 Posted by Loki9876 (3051 posts) - - Show Bio

don't judge me but i like potter there are some flaws in it but i like the hp universe i just grew up with it.

#46 Posted by HolySerpent (12641 posts) - - Show Bio
@Loki9876:
you are not alone harrry is awesome.. and i cant wait for final movie to come out
#47 Posted by HolySerpent (12641 posts) - - Show Bio
@Prince CortSether: 

#48 Posted by Prince CortSether (2301 posts) - - Show Bio
@HolySerpent:
#49 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not a fan of Harry Potter. But the books were WAY better than the movies...

#50 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

@holy serpent

you are very perceptive and i agree on your 1st post in this page.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.