Harry Osborn American Son Herioc Age *SIEGE SPOILERS ALERT*

#1 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
 

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN PRESENTS: AMERICAN SON #1 (of 4)
Written by
BRIAN REED

Penciled by

PHILIP BRIONES

Cover by

MARKO DJURDJEVIC

Heroic Age Variant by

TBA
IN THE AFTERMATH OF SIEGE, AN OSBORN FALLS.
Where does Norman Osborn's fall leave his son, Harry?  In the wake of the Siege of Asgard and the dawn of a new Age of Heroes, the world finally knows what his father is - but what is Harry himself? And who has taken on the American Son armor?  And what does GABRIEL STACEY have to do with it?! Brian Reed (MS. MARVEL) and Philip Briones (IRON MAN VS. WHIPLASH) have the answers in the story of a true AMERICAN SON.
40 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99




SOURCE
http://marvel.com/news/comicstories.11309.first_look~colon~_may_2010_spider-man_previews

Marvel releases a mini that tells us where Harry stands after the events of 
Dark Reign/Siege, and what happens to the American Son armor.  Personally 
I'm sort of interested to find out what happened after Dark Reign Spider-Man
with Harry as things got pretty heavy. going to read it? thoughts? 

#2 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

another poster has proposed that the 
Gabriel Stacy , the Grey Goblin might
be returning?
(seriously, it was nine threads from the top.lol)

#3 Posted by War Killer (20343 posts) - - Show Bio

People can miss things sometimes, plus soem of the threads have been acting weird. I love that cover.

#4 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

HMMM so harry is not gonna be the Green Goblin again?

#5 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't they retcon those Goblin/Stacy kids into oblivion?

#6 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir: no. who said that?
#7 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE: I don't recall
#8 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir: 
i know alot of people say there was a retcon online, but note that the same people say they dropped the book and dont read it. there was never a retcon. everything is as it was.
 
Mephisto casted a worlwide illusion where Peter Parker doesnt remember alot of his past, and
neither do alot of others (yet some, like Mary Jane,Mr.Negative, and Banner do). so no actual retcon
ever happened. events that happened still did, and most other characters remember theyre own pasts in
full. just parts involving Peter Parker are clothed. this is part of why Norman Osborn was able to actually
change and become sucessful. because while in his heart he remembered a gridge against Spider-man,
he couldnt remember he was Peter and why he had a deep connecton to him. and ect...
#9 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE: ok then, that seems reasonable
#10 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

if you want the opening salvo in this thread sums things up pretty well. 
better than i could. 
http://www.newsarama.com/common/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1923
its really not a bad plot outline when i look at it.
i remember the reaction to when Spidey first got the black costume and
comics were done grittier. those were things fans had requested for a long time,
but then complained about. then the clone stories. people flipped. even when
he got the Iron Spider armor. ect. people wanted new costumes, Peter and his foes 
to get upgrades. Peter to have flings with Black Cat. ect, ect. these are all things fans 
demanded and the formula is nothing new. and fact of things like the Iron Spider, Black
costume and otherwise is now people revere those stories as great and wish to see those
things again.  i think BND suffered from alot of weakly written books, but the overall story structure was done right, and most people ignored it that were reading it, then dropped it and missed what was really happening. the current Guantlet stuff is great, and its rearing the end of Mephisto's spell real soon. it will be fun to see Peter deal with the fallout of regaining his memories. thats just my outlook on the thing.

#11 Posted by TylerLux (29 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to say I really like Harry Osborn as a character, but wish he would get more. I think he has a lot of potential in comics today and can be a hero to focus on. I might sound crazy, but I really see him being like a Iron Man back in the 70's with technology and daddy issues. 

#12 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@TylerLux: 
i agree with alot of that actually. i think Harry is very good and important character.
i'm really happy there not just kicking his story from DR under the rug. i wouldnt mind
him taking up some sort of super mantle permanently.
#13 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Harry should be The Green Goblin again...

#14 Posted by DEADPOOL (2710 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64 said:
" Maybe Harry should be The Green Goblin again... "
And show that bitch Menace who's boss... I dunno, I want Harry to be a good guy, he is a good guy, but knowing what she did... I just wanted him to go Green Goblin on her ass.
#15 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEADPOOL: 
lol. i agree 100%. he earned that much after what he went through.
man that was messed up.
#16 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEADPOOL said:
" @Primmaster64 said:
" Maybe Harry should be The Green Goblin again... "
And show that bitch Menace who's boss... I dunno, I want Harry to be a good guy, he is a good guy, but knowing what she did... I just wanted him to go Green Goblin on her ass. "
He should go green goblin on her ass.
#17 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm more interested in the return of Gabriel Stacy than Harry Osborn.

#18 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Was harry an awesome green goblin?

#19 Posted by War Killer (20343 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE said:
"if you want the opening salvo in this thread sums things up pretty well. 
better than i could. 
http://www.newsarama.com/common/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1923 its really not a bad plot outline when i look at it. i remember the reaction to when Spidey first got the black costume and comics were done grittier. those were things fans had requested for a long time, but then complained about. then the clone stories. people flipped. even when he got the Iron Spider armor. ect. people wanted new costumes, Peter and his foes  to get upgrades. Peter to have flings with Black Cat. ect, ect. these are all things fans  demanded and the formula is nothing new. and fact of things like the Iron Spider, Black costume and otherwise is now people revere those stories as great and wish to see those things again.  i think BND suffered from alot of weakly written books, but the overall story structure was done right, and most people ignored it that were reading it, then dropped it and missed what was really happening. the current Guantlet stuff is great, and its rearing the end of Mephisto's spell real soon. it will be fun to see Peter deal with the fallout of regaining his memories. thats just my outlook on the thing. "

The Gauntlet is the main reason I started reading Spidey again, these storys so far have been great! 
 
@Nobody
said:
"I'm more interested in the return of Gabriel Stacy than Harry Osborn. "
Same here.
#20 Posted by kerukun878 (373 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to call this now
 
Harry - Good Goblin
 
Gabriel - American Son

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.