gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

The Good

The fun and crazy times continue. While Harley is trying to have a purpose and make ends meet, she's started working at a nursing home. This has given her the opportunity to meet Sy Borgman, the former government secret agent known as Syborg. Because Harley is a good natured person, when she isn't bringing harm to them, she's agreed to help Syborg fulfill his unfinished missions. That just gives even more opportunities for the absurdity to come in.

Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti are giving us a fun comic and you get a sense they're are having fun as well writing it. Too many comics play it straight and serious. That's to be expected with most characters. Having a comic like this is a great change of pace. You can jump into the comic and know know you'll have a good time. It's not simply cheap gags as we're seeing some overreaching story elements continuing from issue to issue.

Chad Hardin impresses me more and more with each issue. Combined with Alex Sinclair's incredible colors, each issue is a visual feast. It's also great having a comic with actual backgrounds as we sometimes see those get overlooked. Hardin captures the emotion and wackiness in Harley's world and it adds to the fun and enjoyment in reading.

The Bad

Syborg obviously plays a big role here. It's understandable that he's basically a grouchy old man but his continued insults started getting a little old. That's probably the intention and having to hang out with someone like that and take that abuse would be annoying. Harley's willingness to help him almost feels a little too enthusiastic. Sure she wants to help but it's almost too much.

The Verdict

HARLEY QUINN continues to stand on its own. Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti are making this a really fun comic, month after month. I've said it before and I'll say it again, we need more comics like this. It's great to have a comic that doesn't take itself so seriously where the readers and creators can have a good time. Chad Hardin's art and Alex Sinclair's colors make it all even better. This comic may not be for everyone but then again, not everyone likes having a fun time.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

This comic is always first up to be read when I pick it up. Love the fun dynamic of it, and wish DC would add more books like it to there roster of doom and gloom.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I'm assuming this takes place after death of the family during jokers absence?

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@br_havoc: Well, they also have Larfleeze, which is a lot of fun.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@br_havoc: Well it is a Lantern book, and you know how it goes, Lantern and Bat books are bullet proof. It's still a good series though. I can't pay to keep reading it, but it's defiantly a fun book.

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@br_havoc: hi br. Remember that talent serarch that dc did with harley quinn 0 ? I'm reading Hack/Slash from the mid2000's and I see the artist is jeremy roberts. Just like the artists name who won the 0 contest. The art is reallly good and suspiciously like the style of the contest winner. Hmmmm....

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BR_Havoc

@lifeboy: Actually it was reported that the artist that won the Harley Quinn comic was already a professional artist and working for DC. So it looks like it was never going to be a amateur contest as it was advertised as.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.