Follow

Harley Quinn

Character » Harley Quinn appears in 2585 issues.

Harleen Quinzel was a psychiatric resident at Arkham Asylum, where she met the incarcerated Joker. Falling in love with her patient, she conspired to break him out of prison and eventually became his lover and loyal sidekick, Harley Quinn. She eventually left him to be her own woman, and has been enemy and ally of Batman, and various other heroes.

Who is better Harley Quinn or Harley Quinn?

Liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

User Lists: 87

#1  Edited By Liberty

I have to say I'm a big fan of the Harley Quinn character back when she first appeared in Batman the Animated Series.  She was the best in the show but when her first self titled comic came out I was not a big fan.  I never even finished reading the series at about the halfway point.  She just didn't seem to have that charm like she did on the cartoon.  I like her much more in the Gotham City Sirens book because it seems to be truer to the way she was in the cartoon.  The question I pose in the title is a joke but it does seem as if there is two Harley Quinns in the comics.  I think she looses her charm when she's darker but I guess it's necessary when you have such a dark Joker like the book.  What do Harley fans think?  Is Harley nearly as cool in the darker books?

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I only know of Harley from the animated show and her appearance in Hush, but I like her.

harleyquinn12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 21

#3  Edited By harleyquinn12

No matter how she's portrayed, I love her just the same! I really like her the way Dini writes her, though!
    johnny_spam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By johnny_spam

I think Harley is not played for what she is. Which is a woman who loves psychopaths and the macabre she seems very playful and cute but there is a darkness to her that no one really brings out. She was a psychologist who wanted to work with the most dangerous maniacs and wanted to secretly be one but was to scared until she met Joker who broke her and made her that exactly. I think she is extremely flawed as a person like those women who send love letters to Charles Manson and other inmates. I think Dini like he has for many villains has liked the villain and made them more likable then he should have.

Anaria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Anaria

I haven't read many of the Gotham City Sirens series yet, but I always loved Harley Quinn as she was in the Batman Animated Series :)

Avatar image for harleyquinnhawkgirl
    harleyquinnhawkgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

User Lists: 14

I love HarleyQuinn she is my favorite.

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Final Arrow

I am a big Harley fan ever since she appeared in the animated series, I think it depends on who writes her, Paul Dini always seems to master her and may sometimes lose his ways but often brings her back, he actually did a few of the Gotham sirens which Harley seemed to be back to herself.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By warlock360

My post was deleted <.< anyways Harley LOL

likalaruku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9  Edited By likalaruku

I don;t see that she ever became dark. She's as nieve, bubbleheaded, & strangely innocent & childlike as ever.

A-Strondinaire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By A-Strondinaire

Any Harley is my favorite i love her silly persona in Sirens it really makes her personality or her lack of one in Batman The Animated series with this one she's more of the naive girlfriend instead of the heartless psychopath trying to get with joker everytime you look up.
    lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By lorex

I like the current development of Harley in Gotham City Sirens. Its clear Selene and Ivy are trying too ween her off her Mr J obsession. I epically liked the issue where she visited her family for Christmas. Dispute how crazy and screwed up her life has been she still has more going on with her life than the rest of her family. I view Harley as a free spirit with a hard edge.

KattVonNoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By KattVonNoir

I thought Harley was alot like the animated version in her series. Yeah she was a bit darker at times, but it's a comic not national television, they can get away with more! I thought the comic brought alot more characterization to Harley. It kept her silliness, showed us she can't really deal with death like a normal person, and she CAN be serious and actually a little badass if needed. Harley is a really complicated character and her playfull nature is only one side of her character. She is deff a girl with problems, but that is exactly why I love her!!
    Avatar image for batmanbakescupcakes
    BatmanBakesCupcakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman the Animated Series the reason I fell in love with Harley Quinn. I do prefer the bubbly version of her, but she's pretty bad ass as the darker version. Harley Quinn love forever!

punchline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By punchline

I don't think she is nieve at all. I kind of dislike that they down play her intelligence. No matter how her story is told she still has a background in psychiatry. Sometimes she has been a doctor of psychiatry and other times she has just been a student learning psychiatry. In her 38 issues she was smart enough to get kicked out of hell and told never to come back by the devil himself none the less. This proves she got brains. She has the intelligence and physical stamina to go toe to toe with batman. There is even a clip of her in B:TOS sitting in the batmobile yelling at batman going i bet you think i am just another bubble head blonde bimbo well the jokes on you, I,m not even blonde. I like a little mix of both, She can be goofy without having to play down her intelligence. If they start making her act stupid all the time people won't take her serious just like no one takes powergirl serious cause of her enormous rack. I will stick with Harley forever though. I have been with her since the beginning and i will follow her to the end.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.