Sideshow Collectibles Launch Harley Quinn Exclusive Premium Format Figure

Posted by G-Man (29425 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah, Sideshow Collectibles. They always know how to grab your attention with their finely made products. They just revealed the details on their latest exclusive premium format figure. This is your chance to add Harley Quinn to your collection.

Standing at 21," Harley comes in her signature red and black fabric suit along with her trademark wooden mallet. What makes the Sideshow Collectibles version different is she includes a switch-out head. That means you have a choice on which one you want staring back at you.

As you know, these are not simple toys. And with the limited quantities made (the number is still to be determined), the price is set at $359.99. Sideshow does offer a payment plan of $64.80 per month. The estimated shipping date is March 2014.

It's great to see not everyone has forgotten Harley's original look. You can get more details on ordering and see more images over at SideshowCollectibles.com.

Harley also looks great with the Joker figure.

Sideshow Collectibles is known for great quality products. The only problem is finding the space to display their items and, of course, fitting them into your regular spending budget.

Staff
#1 Edited by Kal'smahboi (3318 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, beautiful statue. She looks absolutely nuts, too.

#2 Posted by kilomac29 (319 posts) - - Show Bio

I love everything HQ related, especially her old school look. This is an amazing statue. However, anything that can be bought on a payment plan is probably out of my price range.

#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27426 posts) - - Show Bio

Does someone want to explain why they thought nipple erections where a good idea?

#4 Edited by RedQueen (1171 posts) - - Show Bio

That Joker looks like it crawled out from a nightmare.. *shivers*

Still, the HQ statue looks awesome.

@jonny_anonymous said:

Does someone want to explain why they thought nipple erections where a good idea?

Realism, maybe? It's truly the extra detail which makes Slideshow collectibles stand out from the crowd. :p

#5 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (27426 posts) - - Show Bio

@redqueen: yea but pepole don't have nipple erections 100% of the time unless they live in Moscow or something

#6 Posted by RedQueen (1171 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Edited by Bubblegum_Justice (33 posts) - - Show Bio

omg the fact she has a nipple erection would make me want to do very bad things with her

#8 Posted by hyenascar (189 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous:You sound immature. When something like this bothers you might have some growing up to do.

#9 Edited by Onemoreposter (3564 posts) - - Show Bio

Must have been chilly in there.....

#10 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (27426 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyenascar: Yes because the oversexualization of toy figures is something that only immature pepole worry about, nice logic you'v got there.

#11 Edited by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

oh ho ho that tongue....... and dem nips........

#12 Edited by Crimsonlord53 (1213 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow very cool.

#13 Posted by Shallbecomeabattoo (352 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the nipples are sexy. I mean, come on... with that skintight outfit, slightly erect nipples shouldn't bother you. A least shes not one of those really weird Bishoujou statues... Urk...

#14 Edited by hyenascar (189 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

@hyenascar: Yes because the oversexualization of toy figures is something that only immature pepole worry about, nice logic you'v got there.

Yeah because that was my first thought. Look how sexy this is. The fact you see a body with nipples, and throw a fit in psychological terms is a lack of sexual maturation. (Granted sexual maturity is generally related to a species first being able to reproduce, but were talking about a psychological state) Ever gone to an art gallery. Ever gone to a magazine section. Hell have you ever walked past a girl before. It happens from time to time. Guess what, their have been statues of men with nipples.( Ohhh the horror.) We might have to live in a world with body parts.

Just as a bonus, to make sure i wasn't alone. I showed my girlfriend all the pictures without any comments, or without leading her to think in any particular way. I kept showing all three pictures back and forth and asked for any comments. She said they looked pretty good and realistic. I scrolled through again and asked if there was anything weird or wrong with it. She looked again, and so no. I then pointed out the nipples. (because honestly i didn't notice or care when I saw it the first time) Can you guess what she said?

Her answer was, "So. Who cares?"

To which I replied, "Exactly."

#15 Edited by danhimself (21904 posts) - - Show Bio

@redqueen: yea but pepole don't have nipple erections 100% of the time unless they live in Moscow or something

Jennifer Aniston did on Friends

#16 Posted by wmwadeii (3137 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

Yeah because that was my first thought. Look how sexy this is. The fact you see a body with nipples, and throw a fit in psychological terms is a lack of sexual maturation. (Granted sexual maturity is generally related to a species first being able to reproduce, but were talking about a psychological state) Ever gone to an art gallery. Ever gone to a magazine section. Hell have you ever walked past a girl before. It happens from time to time. Guess what, their have been statues of men with nipples.( Ohhh the horror.) We might have to live in a world with body parts.

Just as a bonus, to make sure i wasn't alone. I showed my girlfriend all the pictures without any comments, or without leading her to think in any particular way. I kept showing all three pictures back and forth and asked for any comments. She said they looked pretty good and realistic. I scrolled through again and asked if there was anything weird or wrong with it. She looked again, and so no. I then pointed out the nipples. (because honestly i didn't notice or care when I saw it the first time) Can you guess what she said?

Her answer was, "So. Who cares?"

To which I replied, "Exactly."

It was one of the things I noticed as well, and know why its there, all marketing. When I asked my wife she had the same response as you GF, its a guy thing and sex sells.

Otherwise an excellent statue of Harley, as usual Sideshow doesn't disappoint.

#17 Posted by TheCowman (461 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah because that was my first thought. Look how sexy this is. The fact you see a body with nipples, and throw a fit in psychological terms is a lack of sexual maturation.

I'd hardly call it "throwing a fit". It was a pretty casual, single sentence question about something that I'll admit I noticed myself. We all know that it's done to appeal to male consumers, but I don't think it's a bad thing for society in general to every now and then question if it's really necessary.

#18 Posted by hyenascar (189 posts) - - Show Bio

@wmwadeii: To clarify, i didn't find it sexy I was being facetious.

#19 Posted by dementedtheclown (747 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by iaconpoint (889 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks awesome! Next they should do Power Girl.

#21 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (27426 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyenascar: are you saying my reaction is more immature that the others in this thread?

#22 Posted by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio

Because sex sells? :-)
I like it.

#23 Posted by BuNKiTZ (128 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh gods, these look amazing! :O

#24 Edited by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

I love these right here, especially Harley. That last shot looks so funny, for Joker totally looks like he's about to swat her @$$ with his cane lol

#25 Edited by SupBatz (1483 posts) - - Show Bio

It's times like this that I wish I were Bruce Wayne... Then I could afford to buy ten of these and have a shelf full of Harleys...

#26 Edited by COBRAMORPH (1411 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont mind the nips, but I am bothered more & more by the idea of villains getting more attention like this. Now, dont get me wrong, I usually think villians are more interesting characters than heroes are, but this trend of making villians exceptable bothers me since the DKR- joker shooting. Now I dont want to be one of those guys saying that violence in media is causing Columbines, so it needs to be censored, but I'd never buy something like this, solely because Harley is a villain.

Its also why I dont like villains like Catwoman, Ivy or Harley being reformed into heroes. A little bit of moral responsibility wont hurt. & for the small percentage of violent monsters that will be influenced by murderous characters like Joker, hopefully it'll nip them in the bud by showing that these fictional monsters will be stopped & fail.

the Nips are the least of any problems with this figure. Other than the sexualizing of murderous psychos.

Cant they be making a nippy figure of one of the 4 batgirls, Helen Bertinelli, or BatWoman? Or Rene Montoya? and NOT a crazed killer?

#27 Edited by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

@supbatz said:

It's times like this that I wish I were Bruce Wayne... Then I could afford to buy ten of these and have a shelf full of Harleys...

#28 Posted by hyenascar (189 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.