Miss her original costume.

#1 Posted by JoeEddie (483 posts) - - Show Bio

Would have loved to see her original outfit in Batman #13. Sadly, that did not happen.

#2 Posted by SiycoBat (157 posts) - - Show Bio

Re-watch BTAS and New Adventures and read the comic additions to those shows if you want to see her in her original costume.

#3 Posted by Funrush (1369 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one who likes the new costume?

#4 Posted by danhimself (22443 posts) - - Show Bio

@Funrush said:

nope...I like it

#5 Posted by Skewer (325 posts) - - Show Bio

@JoeEddie said:

Would have loved to see her original outfit in Batman #13. Sadly, that did not happen.

I miss her old one too! I hate the new one!

#6 Posted by cameron83 (7133 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

@Funrush said:

nope...I like it

SAME HERE

If you all like the clown costume.....please read the old stuff,I for one love the old costume and all the new 52 costumes (seriously,their better than the last ones IMO)

But if you all love the freaking old things,Nobody is putting a gun to your head to keep reading,read the old stuff

#7 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1185 posts) - - Show Bio

i like her arkham city outfit i find it sexy on harley.

#8 Posted by SupBatz (1727 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't mean to sound like a jerk but this "If you don't like it read the old stuff" response (which is far, far too common on this site) is quite rude and just out of place.

It's one thing to respectfully disagree and state one's opinion but people seem to have a tendency around here to just state "This is how it is now, get over it and read the old stuff." Perhaps people DO read the classic things that they enjoy but would also like to read new things that are IN LINE WITH history.

If Batman one day was retconned and turned into a villain and the Joker the hero he fights then would we be telling people "This is how it is. Read the old stuff if you don't like it." No. Because some people liked the way it was and have a right to that opinion as well as a right to claim that the changes made were not to their liking.

I'm not ignorant to the fact that changes need to be made over the years or things will get stale. I agree with and understand that. But to say "Nope, get over it" when one states that they're not a fan of the direction of the change is immature and rude. And quite frankly I'm sick of hearing it.

#9 Posted by SmashBrawler (5590 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupBatz said:

I don't mean to sound like a jerk but this "If you don't like it read the old stuff" response (which is far, far too common on this site) is quite rude and just out of place.

It's one thing to respectfully disagree and state one's opinion but people seem to have a tendency around here to just state "This is how it is now, get over it and read the old stuff." Perhaps people DO read the classic things that they enjoy but would also like to read new things that are IN LINE WITH history.

If Batman one day was retconned and turned into a villain and the Joker the hero he fights then would we be telling people "This is how it is. Read the old stuff if you don't like it." No. Because some people liked the way it was and have a right to that opinion as well as a right to claim that the changes made were not to their liking.

I'm not ignorant to the fact that changes need to be made over the years or things will get stale. I agree with and understand that. But to say "Nope, get over it" when one states that they're not a fan of the direction of the change is immature and rude. And quite frankly I'm sick of hearing it.

Yep, and it gives a bad name to people who like The New 52.

#10 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12855 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself said:

@Funrush said:

nope...I like it

me as well. i like her old one too though.

#11 Posted by geoff2005 (206 posts) - - Show Bio

so far the only new costume i really dont like is power girl, everything else is adapting to change and being more modern which is great.

#12 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate her new look with a passion. She looks like some little Vamp girl, or some goth girl cosplaying. From there she really isn't the Harley I know and love at all anyway.

This is Harley Quinn

#13 Posted by briangsharon (147 posts) - - Show Bio
So much better
#14 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1317 posts) - - Show Bio

I just want to see her do acrobatics in the new outfit. Some how I don,t think its gonna work out.

#15 Posted by briangsharon (147 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure why not.

Short shorts work,

Long socks work,

Shoes are fine,

The only potential problem is the mini corset.

Size of it would not interfere with her arms , so the only threat is .....falling off.

Which depending on tightness would`nt be an issue.

If anything the long drooping jesters hat including or excluding bells would be far worse.

As would a loose fitting puffy costume.

#16 Posted by sethysquare (3843 posts) - - Show Bio

@briangsharon said:

So much better

indeed. so much better. I do like the old one for a kids cartoon. Would not mind the injustice or arkham city version as well

#17 Posted by greencrapweasel (137 posts) - - Show Bio

I did love her original costume, but hell she looks so freakin good in the new costume! I mean by god! words don't describe how much more hot she has gotten so it's like adding a hundred for the before this costume then adding a second hundred for the new one

#18 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@greencrapweasel said:

I did love her original costume, but hell she looks so freakin good in the new costume! I mean by god! words don't describe how much more hot she has gotten so it's like adding a hundred for the before this costume then adding a second hundred for the new one

Because as we all know, how hot a character is is the only thing that matters, and all characters should be stripped down to next to nothing.

#19 Posted by greencrapweasel (137 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ravager4: YES! See thank you for agreeing! Hahaha no sorry i know i sounded terribly stupid, but I have always just found Harley Quinn to be terribly beautiful and awesome, so the new costume kinda sent those feelings through the roof........i'm only human :P :)

#20 Posted by briangsharon (147 posts) - - Show Bio

Not all characters should be stripped to nothing but the 1990's cartoon origin of HQ led her to not quite fit in stylistically with twenty first century comic style.

Based on the saturday morning cartoon outfit joker wore in the tv series, he would look out of place in todays continuity as well.

#21 Posted by KZR (487 posts) - - Show Bio

Harley's old costume rocked and they had to give her a corset. A corset I tell you. Love the blue and red shoes and socks (not the color itself but the fact that the shoes have been swapped round so she's wearing blue socks with red shoes and vice versa). Think it's kind of awesome.

#22 Posted by HarlequinKiss (441 posts) - - Show Bio

You know really they could have made an entirely new character for the New 52 Harley. Instead of revamping her entirely and calling her Harley they could have made that unrecognizable blue and red costume (really these colors clash, what were they thinking?) belong to a new character, and they could have done new things with her, and then they could just not touch Harley or keep her how she originally was. I can understand revamping because the stories got old and the characters needed to be modernized, but Harley is a fairly new character in the DC world. She didn't NEED to be updated, revamped, and redesigned, because everything about her was already modern and there was never a whole lot about her in the comics as it was. Nobody had a chance to get tired of her old design before they turned it into an awful Halloween costume. Her background and design were revamped too soon in my opinion.

#23 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Sex sells, and that's the only reason Harley was changed.

#24 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

She needed outfit stand out from being a member of the Joker the new outfit was a failed but the answer is not go back. She needs another outfit how the brave and the bold version or something to get based on. What is the outfit that suppose be a jester. The makeup and hair work short shorts is ok but the brassier not working. here is challenge for someone to perform.

@TheCrowbar: they have Powergirl, Starfire and Catwoman for that. there are more examples so her outfit needs stand out and that is not working

#25 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hazlenaut: uh huh keep tellling yourself that.

#26 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar: compared to the others perhaps I should have said that in the end of the sentence. which ask ask the question again how should her new outfit be to stick from not being with Joker.

#27 Posted by BlackWind (5986 posts) - - Show Bio

I fully understand her jester costume might be a bit dated and she's due for an upgrade. But the new 52 costume looks so damn over the top and gothic. If Harley needd a new style, I would have taken the Arkham City look without question.

#28 Posted by Skewer (325 posts) - - Show Bio

I really do miss the old one! Hate the new one!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.