Harley Quinn Slated to be in Suicide Squad

#1 Posted by Mercy_ (92845 posts) - - Show Bio

According to the solicit for the first issue of Suicide Squad after the revamp, Harley will be a part of this team as well as King Shark and Deadshot (presumably others as well). What are your thoughts on this?

#2 Posted by Miss Menace (12222 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm kinda excited to see it. I like the idea. But I won't be a hundred percent sold till it's in my hand. We don't know what's brewing, where this is going. But I can stay positive.

#3 Posted by 9th Wonder (217 posts) - - Show Bio

Harley's redesign is garbage.DC made me not care about her anymore.

#4 Posted by entropy_aegis (15453 posts) - - Show Bio

MEH.Suicide Squad is a group i have come to associate with expert mercs and criminals.Not naive morons.

#5 Posted by Legacy_ (10667 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I'm hoping for a different take on Harley, lets not make her a total jelly bean -______- 

#6 Posted by Mercy_ (92845 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis said:

MEH.Suicide Squad is a group i have come to associate with expert mercs and criminals.Not naive morons.

You don't even know what her personality's going to be like yet. For all you know she could be a merc.

#7 Posted by entropy_aegis (15453 posts) - - Show Bio
@Closure said:
Well I'm hoping for a different take on Harley, lets not make her a total jelly bean -______- 
She's a waste of time,she has sidelined every character in the Batverse.She has more appearences in TAS than either Ra's al Ghul and Bane,Deadshot does'nt have any.How she made it to SS before Bronze Tiger will always boggle me.She tames the Joker,she is vastly overexposed when there are more challenging characters to write stories about. 
All that exposure for an idiot who in "love" with the Joker just sickens me.Paul i seriously love your work but stop the Harley wank.
#8 Posted by entropy_aegis (15453 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Dark Huntress said:

@entropy_aegis said:

You don't even know what her personality's going to be like yet. For all you know she could be a merc.

If she is then she's gonna be a lame one going by that picture.
#9 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

I was never fond of Harley,  but I'll still have a look at the title. Hopefully there's more than just those three characters. Deadshot's the only one I like.

#10 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
I was never fond of Harley,  but I'll still have a look at the title. Hopefully there's more than just those three characters. Deadshot's the only one I like.
What do you think of his redesign?
#11 Posted by entropy_aegis (15453 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
I actually like it cause it makes me more confident that she may no longer be a bumbling idiot.
#12 Posted by 9th Wonder (217 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
I actually like it cause it makes me more confident that she may no longer be a bumbling idiot.
She was never a bumbling idiot.
#13 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
The goth lover in me thinks it's awesome. The Egalitarian in me thinks it's stupid.
#14 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
The goth lover in me thinks it's awesome. The Egalitarian in me thinks it's stupid.
Actually I was talking about Deadshot. (I saw your response about Harley already on THB's thread)
#15 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio
@9th Wonder said:
@entropy_aegis said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
Yeah, sure she was silly and a bit of a ditz, but she was never an out and out bumbling idiot.
#16 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
Actually I was talking about Deadshot. (I saw your response about Harley already on THB's thread)
Oh, sorry. I'll have another look at his. 

It's alright I suppose. A little cluttered though.
#17 Posted by entropy_aegis (15453 posts) - - Show Bio
@9th Wonder said:
@entropy_aegis said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
Shrike disagrees.
#18 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13400 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:
@9th Wonder said:
@entropy_aegis said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
Shrike disagrees.

she was arguably more deadly than Joker was in the animated series, the absolute only thing holding her back was he love for him. in the comics she's a lot darker than she was in the cartoons.
#19 Posted by entropy_aegis (15453 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:
@entropy_aegis said:
@9th Wonder said:
@entropy_aegis said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
Shrike disagrees.
she was arguably more deadly than Joker was in the animated series, the absolute only thing holding her back was he love for him. in the comics she's a lot darker than she was in the cartoons.
You mean the lame Batman adventures(mad love to be more specific),where everyone save Scarecrow got goofy designs.Joker did'nt look or act like a dangerous mad man in that season at all.Heck that's the same season where he lost all money(bleh) and was tricked by an old gangster.Sorry but this is EXACTLY why i dislike Harley. 
#20 Edited by xposipx (33 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@entropy_aegis said:
@9th Wonder said:
@entropy_aegis said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
Shrike disagrees.
You mean the lame Batman adventures(mad love to be more specific),where everyone save Scarecrow got goofy designs.Joker did'nt look or act like a dangerous mad man in that season at all.Heck that's the same season where he lost all money(bleh) and was tricked by an old gangster.Sorry but this is EXACTLY why i dislike Harley. 
I'm a huge fan obviously, but the bumbling idiot thing isn't quite accurate depending on the circumstance. I ignored the cartoon/animated series Harley because she was annoying. I have stuck to the tpb, Harley Quinn 2000 series, and Sirens. In those comics she is great and there's much more to her character than just being in love with Joker. In a way I compare her to the female Deadpool when she's not involved with Joker (as she is not in Harley Quinn or GCS too much).

THAT being said - the revamp looks lame and I don't like the team nor do I like the new art.
#21 Posted by Jake Fury (18930 posts) - - Show Bio

Dang, people on this site even take cartoons seriously....

#22 Posted by SC (13208 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the characters involved, I forget the creative team involved (if its been announced) I don't really like the Harley design, can't really see much of other designs, but I like them so far. 

#23 Posted by entropy_aegis (15453 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
Dang, people on this site even take cartoons seriously....
The cartoons are what introduced her.
#24 Posted by entropy_aegis (15453 posts) - - Show Bio
@xposipx said:
@entropy_aegis said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@entropy_aegis said:
@9th Wonder said:
@entropy_aegis said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
Shrike disagrees.
I'm a huge fan obviously, but the bumbling idiot thing isn't quite accurate depending on the circumstance. I ignored the cartoon/animated series Harley because she was annoying. I have stuck to the tpb, Harley Quinn 2000 series, and Sirens. In those comics she is great and there's much more to her character than just being in love with Joker. In a way I compare her to the female Deadpool when she's not involved with Joker (as she is not in Harley Quinn or GCS too much).  THAT being said - the revamp looks lame and I don't like the team nor do I like the new art.
So in other words she's just relief?
#25 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13400 posts) - - Show Bio
@xposipx said:
@entropy_aegis said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@entropy_aegis said:
@9th Wonder said:
@entropy_aegis said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
Shrike disagrees.
I'm a huge fan obviously, but the bumbling idiot thing isn't quite accurate depending on the circumstance. I ignored the cartoon/animated series Harley because she was annoying. I have stuck to the tpb, Harley Quinn 2000 series, and Sirens. In those comics she is great and there's much more to her character than just being in love with Joker. In a way I compare her to the female Deadpool when she's not involved with Joker (as she is not in Harley Quinn or GCS too much).  THAT being said - the revamp looks lame and I don't like the team nor do I like the new art.
#26 Posted by xposipx (33 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis

Yes, just relief - but quality relief that never got old to me unlike Deadpool.
#27 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel the same way I do about it as I do Harley's redesigned look. Alienated as inferiorego put it. 
Interesting if not curious line up of characters, but if I had been been asked, Suicide Squad stands as one of
my favorite DC titles, for the great writing it's enjoyed and especially for the interesting characters. This to me
would be as if X-Men was relaunched with characters other than the characters that I had normally come to love.
Doesn't look terrible in any right, but isn't Suicide Squad. Of course anything at this point in time is premature and
that's a loose diagnosis that will have to wait to be solidified after reading the first three issues or so.

#28 Posted by Prizum (15 posts) - - Show Bio

i've  never read suicide squad and until this thread i've actually never even heard of it. having said that i'll probably check it out because i love harley quinn.

#29 Posted by Speedy92286 (199 posts) - - Show Bio
@Adnan said:
Am I the only one who is less worried about Harley's design (it's not that off-the-wall, it's clearly a comprimise between her standard look and Arkham Asylum look), but moreso about King Shark? He doesn't look like a Hammerhead Shark in the cover, he looks like he has eye stalks. And he looks high.
Yeah, his eyes do seem detached from his head in a weird way. Could just be the artist screwed up on the angle or doesn't know the anatomy of a hammerhead. As for Harley, I've really been digging her in the past few years, and the costume changes present in Arkham Asylum and street clothes in Sirens got me into loving her without her classic outfit. The look suits her personality (the hate/love thing she has going on) but I agree with others about the confusion with her showing more skin but other heroines showing less. I haven't seen Zantana yet, but if her change is anything like Black Canary's, I am bound to be disappointed.
#30 Posted by Speedy92286 (199 posts) - - Show Bio
@Adnan

Yeah, she looks decent from what I see on the cover. I just hope she gets her top hat at some point. And I am hoping her old outfit is still used in some degree, maybe at least when she does her shows? It would seem weird to do an act wearing leather pants and a plain black shirt. As for the villains not being a role model, I know way more girls who love Harley Quinn than Supergirl. She is a strong female character, with way more depth than some of the heroines out there. Yeah, she has a crazy side, but the core of her character,her strong will, intelligence, and ability to defend herself still makes herself sort of a role model. Sure, the devotion to the Joker, which seems to be weening in recent years, and a point of character development in Sirens, may not be the best quality, neither is being a criminal in an insane asylum; but the cons to her personality do not outweigh the good her character can potentially be as a role model.  That's an argument for a different time, though.

As long as Harley Quinn is written well, and isn't changed too dramatically, I still think she will be a fan favorite. Hopefully Suicide Squad itself will do well, as seems to be the only villain book out after the reboot.
#31 Posted by entropy_aegis (15453 posts) - - Show Bio
@Speedy92286:  
Harley a role model?.... AAARGGGGGH. 
More people know Harley cause she is constantly overexposed.I have seen her lovers claim she is a bigger threat to Batman than Hush.@xposipx said:
@entropy_aegis:   Yes, just relief - but quality relief that never got old to me unlike Deadpool.
Matter of opinion,while i dislike Deadpool myself but i believe many people do find him funny.
#32 Posted by Mercy_ (92845 posts) - - Show Bio

People who love Harley should also be well aware of her limits. Just saying.

#33 Edited by Speedy92286 (199 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis

Yeah, there are always those kind of fans. Every character has them, as evidenced by the Vs section of these forums. Personally, I would argue Poison Ivy can be as dangerous as Hush, but that comes down to opinion. On to your other point,  I am sure people are more familiar with Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Batgirl, Storm, Jean Grey, and so on, but some of those characters lack depth. Yeah, I'd agree Harley is overexposed, but she is the sidekick to Batman's MAIN villain the majority of the time, and when people think Batman,  they think Joker. She happens to be a fan favorite because she is a fun character, but as I said, she has layers and plenty of potential.
#34 Posted by entropy_aegis (15453 posts) - - Show Bio
@Speedy92286 said:
@entropy_aegis:    Yeah, there are always those kind of fans. Every character has them, as evidenced by the Vs section of these forums. Personally, I would argue Poison Ivy can be as dangerous as Hush, but that comes down to opinion. On to your other point,  I am sure people are more familiar with Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Batgirl, Storm, Jean Grey, and so on, but some of those characters lack depth. Yeah, I'd agree Harley is overexposed, but she is the sidekick to Batman's MAIN villain the majority of the time, and when people think Batman,  they think Joker. She happens to be a fan favorite because she is a fun character, but as I said, she has layers and plenty of potential.
I honestly think Hush is mediocre and that Ivy would destroy him.It's just that Harley is'nt even as good as him.Btw you just mentioned my main problem with Harley,she gets overexposed thanks to the Joker when there are other more deserving characters out there.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.