Harley and Ivy.. are they ONLY friends?

• 162 results
#1 Posted by Ralph (101 posts) - - Show Bio

I noticed that lots of people say Harls and Poison Ivy are lovers, lesbians or whatever... I don't think they are. All girls can have a very best friend, so why can't they? It's like Joker and Batman, there are some pictures which view them as lovers! Some are on this site: Joker Forum, 'Gay Art Gallery?' topic.

Whaddaya think??? :)

#2 Posted by Cosmic Sentinel (3749 posts) - - Show Bio

Harley only has eyes for Mr J.

#3 Posted by Ralph (101 posts) - - Show Bio

You can say that again!

#4 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Ralph (101 posts) - - Show Bio

Good answer. I love that pic.

#6 Posted by Punchinello (148 posts) - - Show Bio

That is a very awesome comic scan. Hilarious.

Thanks for sharing, Nighthunter.

I thought it was canon that Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy are ..'casual' girlfriends? It's universally agreed that they are together; and the writers have yet to say anything against it. =)

#7 Posted by Guano (46 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they're just friends, Harley really like guys.I read a book where her arkham cell was plastered with posters of flexing dudes.She could be bisexual though,but the Joker always will be #1.Now Batgirl and Supergirl thats HOT!!!

#8 Posted by Daredevilfan182 (131 posts) - - Show Bio
Guano said:
"

I think they're just friends, Harley really like guys.I read a book where her arkham cell was plastered with posters of flexing dudes.She could be bisexual though,but the Joker always will be #1.Now Batgirl and Supergirl thats HOT!!!

"
I read the same book Guano. They when out kissed every guard and competed who gets the most kisses. Maybe they have a very open relationship. Look the question will always be there and I doubt itll get answered so there no point in pick at it
#9 Posted by T.J. Magnum (27685 posts) - - Show Bio

i hope they're more then just friends lol

#10 Posted by Ameiru Hoshi (69 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it would be a good story for DC to do a series about Harley and Ivy becoming lovers and thus becoming one of the better Villan teams around. i mean honestly Batman would have to be completely gay to not stop attacking to watch em swap spit. And if you think about it most male super heroes would be powerless against such a grouping.

#11 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont really think they make a good couple, the idea wouldnt really make sense

#12 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio
Resonate said:
"I dont really think they make a good couple, the idea wouldnt really make sense"
and yet everyone wants to see it ;)
#13 Edited by Ameiru Hoshi (69 posts) - - Show Bio

My only proof is the cartoon i've seen of when Harley and Ivy give batman a good kicking in his black short shorts.

#14 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio
Voidheart said:
"Resonate said:
"I dont really think they make a good couple, the idea wouldnt really make sense"
and yet everyone wants to see it ;)"

A few hony guys isnt "everyone" to me ;)
#15 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio
Resonate said:
"Voidheart said:
"Resonate said:
and yet everyone wants to see it ;)"

A few hony guys isnt "everyone" to me ;)"
Which guy isnt horny now and then?
#16 Posted by Ameiru Hoshi (69 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you Victor, that is what i have been trying to say all along.

#17 Posted by Billy (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#18 Posted by Lady L (311 posts) - - Show Bio

wow well poison ivy is bi and harley only has eyes for mr. j but we'll never know

#19 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

PI is BI?

oh MY
#20 Posted by Croaker (296 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, Ivy's certainly a pragmatic lesbian ("Men are good for only one thing and even for that they can't always rise up to the occasion"), but Harley hasn't shown any signs of lesbianism.

To sum it up: she's just good friends with a callous eco-terrorist dyke. Besides, she loves her Mistah J.

#21 Posted by likalaruku (759 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it better when Harley & Ivy hang out. The Joker's mystery sexuality aside, when she's with the Joker, it just kind of feels like watching a cheerleader parade around with a gay quarterback who's completely focused on his next game, plus he's a sadomasochist & she doesn't seem to find pain very kinky. She just seems a little less sad with a gal pal, even if she annoys the snot out of her sometimes. Plus, I just like the whole "womean against the world" senario.

#22 Posted by Silverheart (66 posts) - - Show Bio

They are total lesbians!  When harley tried to marry Mr. J, Ivy responded by crashing the wedding and nearly killing the joke to protect harley.  If that is not love, I do not know what is.

#23 Posted by 1eyejoker (54 posts) - - Show Bio
Silverheart said:
"They are total lesbians!  When harley tried to marry Mr. J, Ivy responded by crashing the wedding and nearly killing the joke to protect harley.  If that is not love, I do not know what is."

Do you remember what happened after Ivy ruined their marriage? Harley said they were no longer friends and she vowed to kill Ivy next time she saw her. Harley and Ivy are not lovers.
#24 Posted by inferiorego (24261 posts) - - Show Bio
Ralph said:
"

"
How am I going to pay for my bills this month?
Staff
#25 Edited by likalaruku (759 posts) - - Show Bio

The Joker comes off pretty gay, but not Harley. I still can't decide is Ivy is asexual, or gay, but I'm pretty sure she's a Misandrist.

@1eyejoker said:
" Silverheart said:
"They are total lesbians!  When harley tried to marry Mr. J, Ivy responded by crashing the wedding and nearly killing the joke to protect harley.  If that is not love, I do not know what is."
Do you remember what happened after Ivy ruined their marriage? Harley said they were no longer friends and she vowed to kill Ivy next time she saw her. Harley and Ivy are not lovers. "

If they bring it up in Gotham City Sirens, Harley will be aplologetic about that threat & Ivy will be forgiving because Harley overcame her weakness.

@inferiorego
said:
" Ralph said:
"

"
How am I going to pay for my bills this month? "
Why, with broccolli of course, duh!
#26 Posted by TheBug (1111 posts) - - Show Bio

Harley and Ivy are friends with benefits.

They just fool around every once in a while. Its just a playful on and off affair. There not madly in love.

#27 Posted by NightFang (10046 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think they are just friends.

#28 Posted by Wilderness Academy (24 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel that each of the two characters have a distinguished difference in their personality. Ivy appears to express an affection to every form of potential lover (humanoid, plant).  Harley seems to be more of an outgoing "carnival show-woman" type personaility whose spontaneity attracts a wide range of friendships.  I agree--no one has as yet unveiled a clear instance where Harley has affirmed any sexual affection for Ivy, but a curious Harley side-story has potential.  Then again, I'd like  to see an issue devoted to Ivy and her pheromones challenging the Pied Piper.

#29 Posted by Vindellavon (425 posts) - - Show Bio

I always assumed they were both bisexual, but Harley leaning more towards Joker rather than Ivy. But I wouldn't take it off my look-out list, things may just change.

#30 Posted by EisforExtinction (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

They're totally aren't just friends. They're BEST friends!

#31 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio

...and pictures

#32 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course, hawk always the picture type of guy ;D

#33 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio
@Voidheart said:
" Of course, hawk always the picture type of guy ;D "
I like to watch........? (ok that was mildly inappropriate)
#34 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

Poison Ivy's tendencies

Harley's feelings towards Poison Ivy

(a little Extra for Hawk ;D)

I came i saw i ... dominated ;P

#35 Posted by Hawk (15833 posts) - - Show Bio
@Voidheart said:
" Poison Ivy's tendencies

I came i saw i ... dominated ;P "
Stands up and starts a slow clap.

Clap.............clap................clap...........clap......clap...clap...clap..clap.clap!!!!!!!
#36 Posted by warlock360 (28050 posts) - - Show Bio

yay they(he) love(s) me .... wtf >.<

#37 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to have the not-so notorious, but very eye-catching 'embrace' t-shirt.  It doesn't fit anymore though.

#38 Posted by Blitzpoisonpunk (3 posts) - - Show Bio

(wow this is wierd topic for my first post but this feels necessary)
I think it is hinted at, but not as like a serious thing, comic book companies probably wouldnt say anything for a long time until they decided to use it in a story if they ever wanted to that is, infact they may be in two minds themselves, after all, it took 20 years for capcom to announce zangief being gay

#39 Posted by Vindellavon (425 posts) - - Show Bio
@Voidheart said:
"Poison Ivy's tendencies

I came i saw i ... dominated ;P"

I actually missed these? *facepalm* I can see why people want them together now.
#40 Posted by harleyquinn12 (1767 posts) - - Show Bio

I just HATE it when people say stuff like that. Harley and Ivy are just friends. Yes,I know "Holiday Kniights",one bed,but it just gets me so ticked off. I hate it when when they abuse Harley and Red,because I am sort of fanboyish towards them,especially Harley.

#42 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vindellavon said:
"@Voidheart said:
"Poison Ivy's tendencies

I came i saw i ... dominated ;P"
I actually missed these? *facepalm* I can see why people want them together now. "

The first scan tells you that Poison Ivy is gay. Of course Supergirl isn't

the Second one isn't really gay or lesbian.
#43 Posted by harleyquinn12 (1767 posts) - - Show Bio
@Guano:
Oh,yeah that was "The bet".
#44 Posted by ivy's creation (47 posts) - - Show Bio
writers have different interpretations of them. ivy is a lesbian and harley is very sexual n truly has eyes for mistah j. but wenever j is bein mean, harley always runs to red.  ivy always tells harl not to go bac maybe truly wanting her for herself. basically it all depends on the writing either really good freinds almost sisters or really really good friends almost lovers
#45 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ralph:
does it make them any less awesome either way? 

#46 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7816 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol, you and Supergirl. The Harley & The Ivy are both awesome ether which way

#47 Posted by MP (1 posts) - - Show Bio

I do think they are more than friends, come on both girls are totally non-conventional, and Ivy being the as sexual as she is portrayed I think it would be naïve to think there’s nothing going on in there, even if it is “just experimenting”

And this is coming from a girl itself ;)

Ooh and I would also love to see and issue devoted to Ivy’s pheromones effect on

#48 Posted by NagolNuff (2493 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hawk: XD!!!
#49 Posted by NagolNuff (2493 posts) - - Show Bio

Ja harl likes to explore, i'll even give a lick to the bi stamp, but those two lovers? naw just really good friends, she always goes back to the joker, she just prefers men way more

#50 Posted by BoOMbOoMpOw (1711 posts) - - Show Bio

wtf   I don`t think they are more than friends . cause harley loves the joker so she could not be lesbian or maybe B?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.