Demeaning Harley Quinn?

• 127 results
Posted by thehummingbird (3378 posts) - - Show Bio

As most of you know I am a huge Harley Quinn. In fact I would claim to be her number one fan. So when I see a release of.... 

Honestly? As if Arkham Asylum wasn't already a mutilated beyond return sexed up version of adorable Quinn, all I can say as it least she had blonde hair then. Now honestly this no longer even represents her character anymore.  First off I would like to begin to break down the general concept of her original costume and inspiration. It was when Doctor Quinzel first began her work at Arkham the Joker spoke of rearranging her name to form the word Harlequin. I see some diamonds and the same color pattern? Where is the Harlequin to my Harley Quinn? In fact where is Harley Quinn? This resembles her in no way and defeats the purpose of her character I will explain why in a minute. I am so angry I can hardly process my thoughts at the moment. If I was to analyze this character with no backstory of Harley Quinn (which I am because in my mind I am still thinking this can not be my Harley) This girl holds no dedication to whomever, the reason for feeling this way is her outfit which is exaggerated in a way that makes her look per say "easy" . Harley on the other hand is extremely loyal to her man, and wears while skintight a more conservative outfit giving the inference of loyalty and sticking true to the HARLEQUIN CONCEPT!!! Her name was made for her outfit. If she is not dressed for her name and outfit, why not create a new character? It is easier and less destructive. This in no way represents her conceptually. On the same, yet another note, this costume in no way represents her personality either. Harley is a fun loving character she has a more goofy aspect than as stated earlier “easy” aspect being pushed and portrayed here. Another horrid and awful thing being changed as I pointed out earlier that was kept even in the Arkham City and Asylum her blonde hair. Harley signature trait, or at least one of them, was her false blonde locks she prided herself on. Taking away Harley’s blonde hair is one of the signatures being shredded, but also let us notice her makeup change? This signature and classic look has been changed just enough to make it lack that Harley cute flare, but now is more like a bad character design for makeup in some gothic movie. The design, I would argue, from a more personal standpoint of doing costume design as I do, is overall weak and forgettable in a way that they have made Harley into an almost generic form of tramp. Now back on the representation as being a tramp, Harley is not a stupid girl. She was a psychiatrist, while she is insane Harley is innocent in certain ways and is not the kind of girl you would find working the corners.

Harley’s character has been demeaned by this costume change and has lost the very essence that we have all associated with Harley for so long. It seems to me that DC believes by using a cheap and sexed up Harley she will gain more fans. In all honesty I think they are going to lose a lot more with this play. It is bad marketing and has my title stated demeaning.  

*Edit- I am referring to her outfit not the series, this whole blog is about the outfit and nothing more not the series
#1 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

DC is trying to get more readers and are pandering to the new generation using sex appeal and hoping long time readers to remain loyal to the industry and allow them to play out their reboot. I am sure if sales plummet and they dont get the results they want they will ignore what they did.

I am sorry they ruined your Harley but i havent kept up with her lately is she still in love with Joker or has she moved on?

I also dont think her picture represents her care free personality but i would have to wait to see why the massive change to her character.

#2 Posted by thehummingbird (3378 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking:  

Thanks still loves Joker. Need to write something more intelligent. 
#3 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
@thehummingbird

Sorry, i couldnt post for some reason. = /

what  i dont understand is if this is a reboot retcon or just half @$$ individual retcon?

will Harley have a new slightly altered origin to explain her new appearance and i am guessing new personality or will they simply alter her without explanantion?

I dont know why she still likes joker i thought she left him a while back to live with Ivy and she moved on and grew as a character?
#4 Posted by MrUnknown (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes you are a huge Harley Quinn XD

I'm really fond of the Arkham Asylum version, you should check out the Arkham City mini-series; it's really great! Harley looks serious and deadly while still keeping the essence of the original. This new one, I'm not sure what they are going after but maybe they will get back to their sense with this one.

Here is something to cheer your mood.
#5 Posted by KenTheProfile (412 posts) - - Show Bio
@thehummingbird

okay you made a intresting point but your making it on a picture and nothing else. you nor I have read he book. the picture says nothing of what her personality or new directions is. i do agree she should be blonde. also why is it demeaning? she is in a sexy outfit? from my view Harley was aways sexual even the little picture you used shows that. there is nothing wrong with sexuality, demeaning would be her naked on a leash with Joker.  for the record i don't think this or ant other reboot things are good or will help dc sales.  also I love her in DCAU Batman. But my favorite is Allerazo's Joker version becauuse they finally showed her as an ass kick right hand woman.
#6 Posted by hydrabob (14977 posts) - - Show Bio

someones not happy with the reboot.

#7 Edited by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio

Congratulations, your favorite character is officially in the new DCU, and sure the costume isn't that great in your eyes, but you can take solace in the fact that your favorite character is in the DCU, now things can go from there.  For us Captain Marvel fans, our favorite character isn't even in the new DCU, so your complaints, from my point of view, falls on deaf ears.  

#8 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio

Just be glad she's featured in a title, and actually read the book before you freak out about it.

#9 Edited by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

The feminist in me says "What the holy f*ck is this?! Oh god no!", but the weirdo with the clown girl fetish says "God , yes!" 

But, really while the costume is pretty base pandering, I really don't hate it. 

I (as always) am reserving my dire judgement until I read it.

#10 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amegashita said:
  Congratulations, your favorite character is officially in the new DCU, and sure the costume isn't that great in your eyes, but you can take solace in the fact that your favorite character is in the DCU, now things can go from there.  For us Captain Marvel fans, our favorite character isn't even in the new DCU, so your complaints, from my point of view, falls on deaf ears.  
Say what?! this is an outrage!! >=(
 But i rather my character not go through anymore retcons after seeing what they did to the JLA and costumes like supes.
@KenTheProfile said:
@thehummingbird:  okay you made a intresting point but your making it on a picture and nothing else. you nor I have read he book. the picture says nothing of what her personality or new directions is. i do agree she should be blonde. also why is it demeaning? she is in a sexy outfit? from my view Harley was aways sexual even the little picture you used shows that. there is nothing wrong with sexuality, demeaning would be her naked on a leash with Joker.  for the record i don't think this or ant other reboot things are good or will help dc sales.  also I love her in DCAU Batman. But my favorite is Allerazo's Joker version because they finally showed her as an ass kick right hand woman.

She posted the animated Quinn b/c that is how she 1st came out before crossing into comics. I think the core of her personality is actually more joyful and playful even though she is smacking someone around. She isnt dark and evil like joker. Harley Quinn is more of a flirt not so much outright sexually slutty in wardrobe even i can see the big difference with just the outfit.
#11 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12864 posts) - - Show Bio
@thehummingbird said:

As most of you know I am a huge Harley Quinn. In fact I would claim to be her number one fan. So when I see a release of.... 

Honestly? As if Arkham Asylum wasn't already a mutilated beyond return sexed up version of adorable Quinn, all I can say as it least she had blonde hair then. Now honestly this no longer even represents her character anymore.  First off I would like to begin to break down the general concept of her original costume and inspiration. It was when Doctor Quinzel first began her work at Arkham the Joker spoke of rearranging her name to form the word Harlequin. I see some diamonds and the same color pattern? Where is the Harlequin to my Harley Quinn? In fact where is Harley Quinn? This resembles her in no way and defeats the purpose of her character I will explain why in a minute. I am so angry I can hardly process my thoughts at the moment. If I was to analyze this character with no backstory of Harley Quinn (which I am because in my mind I am still thinking this can not be my Harley) This girl holds no dedication to whomever, the reason for feeling this way is her outfit which is exaggerated in a way that makes her look per say "easy" . Harley on the other hand is extremely loyal to her man, and wears while skintight a more conservative outfit giving the inference of loyalty and sticking true to the HARLEQUIN CONCEPT!!! Her name was made for her outfit. If she is not dressed for her name and outfit, why not create a new character? It is easier and less destructive. This in no way represents her conceptually. On the same, yet another note, this costume in no way represents her personality either. Harley is a fun loving character she has a more goofy aspect than as stated earlier “easy” aspect being pushed and portrayed here. Another horrid and awful thing being changed as I pointed out earlier that was kept even in the Arkham City and Asylum her blonde hair. Harley signature trait, or at least one of them, was her false blonde locks she prided herself on. Taking away Harley’s blonde hair is one of the signatures being shredded, but also let us notice her makeup change? This signature and classic look has been changed just enough to make it lack that Harley cute flare, but now is more like a bad character design for makeup in some gothic movie. The design, I would argue, from a more personal standpoint of doing costume design as I do, is overall weak and forgettable in a way that they have made Harley into an almost generic form of tramp. Now back on the representation as being a tramp, Harley is not a stupid girl. She was a psychiatrist, while she is insane Harley is innocent in certain ways and is not the kind of girl you would find working the corners.

Harley’s character has been demeaned by this costume change and has lost the very essence that we have all associated with Harley for so long. It seems to me that DC believes by using a cheap and sexed up Harley she will gain more fans. In all honesty I think they are going to lose a lot more with this play. It is bad marketing and has my title stated demeaning. 

we havnt even read the book yet. she could have the exact same personality she's always had, or it could be a plot device, her putting up a front to seem tougher or something
#12 Posted by thehummingbird (3378 posts) - - Show Bio
@KenTheProfile:  

She looks trashy, in my female opinion. Catwoman looks sexy, this is not a sexy outfit but the trash you pick up from the lingerie section of hot topic. This was the first thing that came to my mind. I am happy she is present, let us remember I do costume design one of the biggest reasons for my liking or disliking is the clothing and portrayal. On another note, I am not judging the suicide squad series, but the physical and only the physical portrayal of Harley Quinn. This was the only target through this, not the series as a whole.  

@Amegashita:  

I am very sorry and I am also sad Stephanie Brown is in my lineup and is being replaced by Barbara. So yes I get this as well. Character appearance means a lot to me I work in costume and fashion design so seeing Harley like this is rough. Think of it as Captain Marvel coming back as a cross dressing monkey. This is my Harley equivalent.  

@Green Skin:  

I never targeted the book, I attacked her outfit, never once did I mention the suicide squad as a whole being bad, merely I feel Harley has been demeaned. I am happy she is present, but the hatred of this look and destruction of her very being is so overwhelmingly, and excruciatingly bad, It won out the positive quite quickly.  I am assume your favorite has not appeared? I am deeply sorry if this is true. 
#13 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe Harley should have just been erased from continuity.

#14 Posted by thehummingbird (3378 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt:  

Once again referring to the outfit not the series as a whole....I am sorry for the misunderstanding. 
#15 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking:  The issue hasn't come out yet so as far as we know, the costume has no effect on Harley's character.  In fact, she could be portrayed so well that the new costume seems insignificant.  You don't know what can happen until after the issue is released, Harley, as a character, is given this oppurtunity.  While Billy and his family don't even have the possibility of this, so there should be no complaints when there are characters who are under going worse than a costume change.  It's disrespectful to the fans of the characters who are in fact under going worse.
#16 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amegashita said:
@castleking:  The issue hasn't come out yet so as far as we know, the costume has no effect on Harley's character.  In fact, she could be portrayed so well that the new costume seems insignificant.  You don't know what can happen until after the issue is released, Harley, as a character, is given this oppurtunity.  While Billy and his family don't even have the possibility of this, so there should be no complaints when there are characters who are under going worse than a costume change.  It's disrespectful to the fans of the characters who are in fact under going worse.
agreed. And the writer of this series should be great at writing Harley. Hes a Deadpool writer.
#17 Edited by thehummingbird (3378 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amegashita:  

The costume being insignificant is a personal opinion and I am referring to the outfit alone not the series, and the outfit is atrocious. I am sorry for the minuderstanding I am referring only to the outfit not making a snap judgement of the series.  

Also this is for Harley fans, I am sorry your character had not appeared, but in no way as a mi-portrayal through clothing of one character, and a complaint disrespectful to you. I have repeatedly said I was sorry. That is not my fault, this is just me expressing disappointment. 
#18 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12864 posts) - - Show Bio
@thehummingbird said:
@Avenging-X-Bolt:   Once again referring to the outfit not the series as a whole....I am sorry for the misunderstanding. 

no im sorry i was the one who misunderstood you. i understand how you feel and deeply respect your passion for the character.despite being a hormonal male   i wasnt 100 percent stoked about it but i try to keep in mind that this is a new interpretation of her.
#19 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio
@thehummingbird said:
@Amegashita:   The costume being insignificant is a personal opinion and I am referring to the outfit alone not the series, and the outfit is atrocious. I am sorry for the minuderstanding I am referring only to the outfit not making a snap judgement of the series. 
youre an expert on costumes. I probably shouldnt disagree with you.
#20 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio
@thehummingbird:  What I'm saying is that even if you don't like the costume, you can rest easy knowing that at least Harley exists and that there is still the posibility of a costume change further down the road.  As of today, Billy and his family don't even have this much.
#21 Posted by MarvelJackAss433 (12238 posts) - - Show Bio
@thehummingbird: That art doesn't even look like Harley......
#22 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amegashita said:
the art work and weapons look darker and grittier possibly a hint to what to expect. i cant see Harley being  part of the suicide squad and doing what they do when fighting enemies you know killing and stuff.
#23 Edited by cosmo111687 (1489 posts) - - Show Bio

Couldn't agree more, Hummingbird. Also, when has Harley Quinn ever used knives and why does she have holsters if she rarely ever uses guns (and when she does, they're usually massively over-sized)?

#24 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking:  Sure wish Billy and his family had a story they appeared in and some form of artwork.  Get what I'm saying?  Hints are hints, and as far as we know, nothing in the issue has been explicitely revealed outside of:  

"Harley Quinn! Deadshot! King Shark! They’re a team of death-row super villains recruited by the government to take on missions so dangerous – they’re sheer suicide! Who will be the first to crack under the pressure? Find out in  SUICIDE SQUAD #1 , written by Adam Glass (FLASHPOINT: LEGION OF DOOM) with art by Marco Rudy (THE SHIELD)." 

Outside of that, nothing else.  You can complain about the story, when the story comes out.
#25 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1161 posts) - - Show Bio

I dislike the new look. Imo, it does make her look more slutty unlike the Arkham Asylum/City outfit. Most of the time, when a character gets a new look, his or her personality changes. Not all the time tho.

#26 Posted by VanTesla (518 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't mind the look, but it should not be Harley... Maybe a new character though. I wonder how much her personality will be changed.
#27 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amegashita said:
@castleking:  Sure wish Billy and his family had a story they appeared in and some form of artwork.  Get what I'm saying?  Hints are hints, and as far as we know, nothing in the issue has been explicitely revealed outside of:  

"Harley Quinn! Deadshot! King Shark! They’re a team of death-row super villains recruited by the government to take on missions so dangerous – they’re sheer suicide! Who will be the first to crack under the pressure? Find out in  SUICIDE SQUAD #1 , written by Adam Glass (FLASHPOINT: LEGION OF DOOM) with art by Marco Rudy (THE SHIELD)." 

Outside of that, nothing else.  You can complain about the story, when the story comes out.
i see you work for DC and their distributers.... >_>
I wont be buying squat just to let you know, that is why you have the comic rack and Barnes and Noble.
>=)
#28 Posted by thehummingbird (3378 posts) - - Show Bio
@cosmo111687:  

or they say bang XD Glad o see someone agreeing I think it is more the lack of Quinn fans seeing this though. 
#29 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking:  Neither will I, but what I 'm saying is that no point in complaining when you don't know anything outside of what Harley looks like, cause for every fan complaining about how their favorite character looks like after the relaunch, there are others who are wondering, Does my favorite character still even exist?
#30 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amegashita said:
@castleking:  Neither will I, but what I 'm saying is that no point in complaining when you don't know anything outside of what Harley looks like, cause for every fan complaining about how their favorite character looks like after the relaunch, there are others who are wondering, Does my favorite character still even exist?
This isnt about you so stop trying to make it about you  and look at my favorite hero list.

Now again we are looking at the character redesign and what we know about Harley Quinn nothing else not the story that she will be in.
I dont think anyone takes solace in that fact that their favorite character is mutilated and unrecognizable so long as they exist since altering them ceases the character to exist as it once were.
#31 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking:  And once again, Harley is in the new U.  A relaunch is a relaunch, if you don't like what is going on, do what many of us have done, don't give DC the satisfaction of your money.  You can keep complaining, or you can make a statement, and from what you've said, you are already planning too.   

And no point in attacking me, never have I referred to myself in our entire conversation, I referred to fans who favorite characters don't even get the solace of existing and that's a far worse insult than changing a costume.   

I reiterate, deaf ears, my friend, deaf ears.
#32 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
@Amegashita said:
@castleking:  And once again, Harley is in the new U.  A relaunch is a relaunch, if you don't like what is going on, do what many of us have done, don't give DC the satisfaction of your money.  You can keep complaining, or you can make a statement, and from what you've said, you are already planning too.      And no point in attacking me, never have I referred to myself in our entire conversation, I referred to fans who favorite characters don't even get the solace of existing and that's a far worse insult than changing a costume.      I reiterate, deaf ears, my friend, deaf ears.
the method of posting, are you an alternate account ?
#33 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4699 posts) - - Show Bio

Most of the costume changes seem really unnecessary and just awful. It's almost like having a sixty-year-old mother who wears daisy hats and moomoos, only to find her the next day in gothic clothing adding pickled parsnips to a cauldron.

#34 Posted by Mr.Q (1050 posts) - - Show Bio
she kind of looks as if Lobo had a sex change. does nothing for me. in any way.
#35 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking:  Hmm, so that's how it's going to be.  Good job, I lost all faith in having a civil conversation with you. 
#36 Posted by Renee (10289 posts) - - Show Bio

That outfit is vomitrocious! Even her face is u-g-l-y she ain't got no alibi she uuuuuugly!

#37 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
@sesquipedalophobe said:
Most of the costume changes seem really unnecessary and just awful. It's almost like having a sixty-year-old mother who wears daisy hats and moomoos, only to find her the next day in gothic clothing adding pickled parsnips to a cauldron.
i agree... i think we will look back on this a decade from now like we do the 90 's with the superboy and superman fashion and be like "do you remember when Harley looked craptacular and superman had the crappy costume?"
#38 Edited by thehummingbird (3378 posts) - - Show Bio
@Renee:  

hahah super agree, not sexy not cute not my harley...=(  It would be okay if it was a new character but this is not Harley. 
#39 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

::Claps and claps:: You go THB.  Unfortunately I cannot help but agree with you.  Far as I'm concerned this is indicative of how out of control this reboot will become. Seriously.

#40 Posted by 9th Wonder (217 posts) - - Show Bio

Harley is not really an important character to the DCU.Characters like that always get the short end of the stick.

#41 Edited by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

The thing is this is not the 1st time DC been doin stuff like this but you'll cant remember the other times Geoff Johns has retconned other characters.

Remember just like another hated writer once said, " Vote with your wallet" ~Jeph Loeb~

Edit:

by the way  Hummingbird for President!!

#42 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3502 posts) - - Show Bio

She's supposed to be innocently obsessed with and absolutely loyal to the Joker. If this is how they choose to portray her physically, I can't imagine what they've done to her character.

#43 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kal'smahboi

another one sees the problem.
#44 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio
@doordoor123 said:
Maybe Harley should have just been erased from continuity.
What good what that have done?
#45 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:
@thehummingbird said:
@Avenging-X-Bolt:   Once again referring to the outfit not the series as a whole....I am sorry for the misunderstanding. 
no im sorry i was the one who misunderstood you. i understand how you feel and deeply respect your passion for the character.despite being a hormonal male   i wasnt 100 percent stoked about it but i try to keep in mind that this is a new interpretation of her.
But we're not supposed to be getting New interpretations. We're supposed to be getting the iconic versions of our characters with a modern twist. Harley's old costume was perfect. this might as well be a new character.
#46 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12864 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mbecks14 said:
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:
@thehummingbird said:
But we're not supposed to be getting New interpretations. We're supposed to be getting the iconic versions of our characters with a modern twist. Harley's old costume was perfect. this might as well be a new character.

thats pretty much what i meant, i guess i just worded it wrong. a costume isnt what defines a character or a person though...well it shouldnt be. im going to wait till  we actually see her in action and can actually gauge how they handle her personality instead of judging due to a simple peice of artwork.
#47 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12864 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mbecks14 said:
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:
@thehummingbird said:

just a quick question though, where was it actually touched upon on how much characters would change? i havnt followed the reboot that extensivly ive pretty much only checked out  what was on here
#48 Posted by The Stegman (23773 posts) - - Show Bio
@thehummingbird:  

ok, i've made a post on the other page concerning my views, but i'll go into details about why i like the costume 

i have been a fan of Harley for years, and yes i agree with your analysis of her to a degree, however this is how i see her 

she was a brilliant psychologist, yes, but not exactly all there in the sanity department herself, she suffered from self doubt, image issues and had a inferiority complex, to a certain degree, that is why the joker was able to woo her so easily, he manipulated every flaw she saw in herself and told her just how special she was. thus that's why i think this ultra sexualized version of her is amazing, while before she was reserved and apprehensive of her appearance, now she embraces her sexuality and exudes confidence (she did this to a degree with the other costume too) in many ways, this is the inner Harley that has been screaming to get out. 

second i want to address her personality, yes she was funny, silly, lovable and cute but really that all seemed kinda forced, i mean when someone falls in love with a murderous psychopath, do they really need to be cute? i mean in most cases they're just as violent and insane as their lover, think Bonnie and Clyde. i always saw Harley as over the top in EVERY aspect of her, she's deadly, dangerous, sexual, insane, devious and has a twisted sense of humor, just like her "puddin'' she suffers from a certain level of bipolar disorder, being nice and friendly one minute, and a killer the next, she also is a bit of a masochist, why else would she take that level of abuse from the Joker? this could add to her sexuality and make her even more sexually provocative. lastly, Harley isn't stupid, as a psychologist, she probably knows how the human, more specifically, man's mind works, men are sorta dumbfounded when approached by an attractive woman, so she will probably use her "assets"  to distract her enemies, or even the cops long enough to escape, or kill them. 

all in all i love the new design!!!
#49 Posted by KenTheProfile (412 posts) - - Show Bio
@thehummingbird

I understand what you said about not talking about the book as a whole but my point was that one look means nothing in terms of personality.  
one would not judge a person wearing a revealing swim suit a slutty or a person in a suit as refined simple on that alone. call it the powergirl effect if you will. it is Harley's personality that is important. She could wear two post it notes and a bit of tape and stil be harley. in the end where all in the same boat because the reboot will kill comics.
#50 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12864 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman said:
@thehummingbird:   ok, i've made a post on the other page concerning my views, but i'll go into details about why i like the costume  i have been a fan of Harley for years, and yes i agree with your analysis of her to a degree, however this is how i see her  she was a brilliant psychologist, yes, but not exactly all there in the sanity department herself, she suffered from self doubt, image issues and had a inferiority complex, to a certain degree, that is why the joker was able to woo her so easily, he manipulated every flaw she saw in herself and told her just how special she was. thus that's why i think this ultra sexualized version of her is amazing, while before she was reserved and apprehensive of her appearance, now she embraces her sexuality and exudes confidence (she did this to a degree with the other costume too) in many ways, this is the inner Harley that has been screaming to get out.   second i want to address her personality, yes she was funny, silly, lovable and cute but really that all seemed kinda forced, i mean when someone falls in love with a murderous psychopath, do they really need to be cute? i mean in most cases they're just as violent and insane as their lover, think Bonnie and Clyde. i always saw Harley as over the top in EVERY aspect of her, she's deadly, dangerous, sexual, insane, devious and has a twisted sense of humor, just like her "puddin'' she suffers from a certain level of bipolar disorder, being nice and friendly one minute, and a killer the next, she also is a bit of a masochist, why else would she take that level of abuse from the Joker? this could add to her sexuality and make her even more sexually provocative. lastly, Harley isn't stupid, as a psychologist, she probably knows how the human, more specifically, man's mind works, men are sorta dumbfounded when approached by an attractive woman, so she will probably use her "assets"  to distract her enemies, or even the cops long enough to escape, or kill them.  all in all i love the new design!!!

it is nice not seeing her being the Joker's pet

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.