bruce harley

#1 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1187 posts) - - Show Bio

iam more of a bruce selina fan but do you guys think if bruce could reform harley that he and her could work as a couple ik in the 90s cartoon she kissed batman and i think found him handsome.

#2 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

The Bats/Harley thing is an interesting one.

I think that Batman likes Harley (compared to most of his other villains) and feels sorry for her. I can't really see them in a relationship because he'd never ever trust her with his secret identity, or just trust her at all.

The reason I was so underwhelmed with the Arkham Asylum DLC was that, imo, Dini and company missed a huge opportunity to show some of the Bruce/Harley dynamic.

In my opinion, that should have ended with Harley devastated by the loss of her child and the Joker, and Batman just looking after her. Taking her to Arkham himself, without resistance, and then checking on her now and then. As the Animated series showed, they don't really have a huge animosity with each other. She kisses him because he's a good person, and in her brief moments of lucidity, she recognises that.

I think that if Harley genuinely wanted to change, no one would help her sooner than Batman, the trick is that he can't trust her to be genuine.

As for a relationship, I don't really see it happening, but it would sell a lot of comics. They'll probably wind up having sex. Because everyone has sex with everyone in the New 52.

#3 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18022 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt: Nicely said :)

though i have to admit, I DID not expect that Answer from you regarding this topic :P

#4 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1187 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt: i agree i think harley and selina are the two bruce will never fully give up on.

#5 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that Batman likes Harley (compared to most of his other villains) and feels sorry for her. I can't really see them in a relationship because he'd never ever trust her with his secret identity, or just trust her at all.

The reason I was so underwhelmed with the Arkham Asylum DLC was that, imo, Dini and company missed a huge opportunity to show some of the Bruce/Harley dynamic.

In my opinion, that should have ended with Harley devastated by the loss of her child and the Joker, and Batman just looking after her. Taking her to Arkham himself, without resistance, and then checking on her now and then. As the Animated series showed, they don't really have a huge animosity with each other. She kisses him because he's a good person, and in her brief moments of lucidity, she recognises that.

I think that if Harley genuinely wanted to change, no one would help her sooner than Batman, the trick is that he can't trust her to be genuine.

As for a relationship, I don't really see it happening, but it would sell a lot of comics. They'll probably wind up having sex. Because everyone has sex with everyone in the New 52.

#6 Posted by waezi2 (7166 posts) - - Show Bio

This were the clip that almost made me a fanfic writer:)

#7 Posted by Delphic (1469 posts) - - Show Bio

I couldn't have said it better myself.

#8 Posted by Joygirl (19434 posts) - - Show Bio

Last I checked (Dr. Quinn's Diagnosis), Bruce has written Harley off as a lost cause.

#9 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6450 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rather Harley/Jason, or if a crossover universe happened maybe Harley/Moon Knight, but it's better than Harley/Joker.

#10 Edited by LoganRogue24 (1187 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt: i think paul dini had nothing to do with the harley quinn dlc thats what i have been told anyway buy some fans.

#11 Posted by Joygirl (19434 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rather Harley/Jason, or if a crossover universe happened maybe Harley/Moon Knight, but it's better than Harley/Joker.

SIDF

wat are you doin

SIDF

STAHP

#12 Edited by RustyRoy (12012 posts) - - Show Bio

No sane hero can have a healthy relationship with her.

#13 Posted by JetiiMitra (8523 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd read it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.