Follow

Harley Quinn

Character » Harley Quinn appears in 2594 issues.

Harleen Quinzel was a psychiatric resident at Arkham Asylum, where she met the incarcerated Joker. Falling in love with her patient, she conspired to break him out of prison and eventually became his lover and loyal sidekick, Harley Quinn. She eventually left him to be her own woman, and has been enemy and ally of Batman, and various other heroes.

BCC: DC Comics discusses Harley Quinn

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

From CBR

Series co-writers Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner jumped into the panel discussion to tell folks about their approach on "Harley Quinn." The level of quirky comedy for this series becomes plain in hearing Palmiotti describe "Harley Quinn" #0. He noted that Harley will be breaking the fourth wall—“she actually picks on some of the artists in the book, she picks on Amanda and I in the book,” he said. “It’s a little bit of madness—a lot of 'Looney Tunes'—which we’re big fans of. The humor kind of goes all over the place.”

“My problem with the book,” Conner said, “is that Jimmy keeps coming up these wonderful ideas and I want to draw them, but I just have to stay to covers.”

Connor explained that in the first issue Harley moves to Coney Island. Plans call for Harley to inherit a building where she will lives above a freak show, as well as a wax museum of murderers.

“That’s sort of her backyard,” said Palmiotti. “The theme of the book is insanity; we’re just trying to have some fun.”

In terms of the series artist, Chad Hardin, Palmiotti admitted: “Amanda and I had to go through a lot of artists. We picked him because he nailed it.”

“He’s got the flavor,” Conner quickly added. DC Comics recently announced Hardin as the regular artist for the comic, as well as a talent search involving the script for issue #0.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.