Anyone want to see Harley Quinn on the big screen as much as me?

Posted by TheWalkingDeadGirl24 (20 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always loved her character! And I was thinking, are they just gonna say the Joker is actually staying in Arkham? He escapes practically once a week! They could show Arkham through the Jokers eyes, and have Harley Quinn falling in love! And then, perhaps, somehow he "dies or something else causes/blamed on Batman" and she goes out to avenge him or something! I'd love to see her! But I think she'd be alot better without all the "puddins!" Lol

#1 Posted by Mercy_ (92698 posts) - - Show Bio

Wrong forum :)

#2 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

Wrong forum :)

u took the words RIGHT outta my mouth! ;D

lol

#3 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh they would kill her off for dramatic effect

#4 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

She wouldn't be able to be taken seriously. She only works in animated shows and video-games (she was brilliant in Arkham Asylum and she looks like she kicks Batman in the face in Arkham City).

#5 Posted by The Stegman (24392 posts) - - Show Bio

yes, and Sheri Moon Zombie should play her 

#6 Posted by Joygirl (19968 posts) - - Show Bio

In theory, I would love to see her on the big screen. I just KNOW that they'd ruin her, so I'm reserved.

#7 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

In theory, I would love to see her on the big screen. I just KNOW that they'd ruin her, so I'm reserved.
#8 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@Larkin1388 said:

@Joygirl said:

#9 Posted by entropy_aegis (15319 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

Hard to ruin her when her entire character is about regression in the first place.

As for the OP's question...

NO

I have seen enough of Harley(shows,games,comics) to last me multiple life times.

#10 Posted by weaponmaster (1412 posts) - - Show Bio

No Thanks. Female supervillianssuperheroes onscreen=lame IMO. Would rather see Azrael, Clayface, Deadshot, or any number of other villains rather than see an annoying, psychotic, ditzy, buffoon in a harlequin costume.

#11 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

The issue with Harley is that she had too much character development, it wouldn't fit into a movie.

#12 Posted by entropy_aegis (15319 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

The issue with Harley is that she had too much character development, it wouldn't fit into a movie.

No the issue is that she HAS'NT had any LASTING character development.

#13 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6482 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love to see her on the big screen. She's one of my favorite female (and all around) comic book characters. The problem is, there's no more Mr J in the Batman movies (Chris Nolan did it out of respect for the late Heath Ledger) which would make Harley Quinn seem more dull.

#14 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#15 Posted by TheWalkingDeadGirl24 (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Someone agrees! :) I mean, but what will they say happened to the joker in the dark knight rises? Thats he's happily in an Arkham cell? When in the comics he breaks out like once a week! But I would like to see a Nolan-ized version of Harley! Still kinda goofy like the Joker, but so that you can take her seriously! A dark Harley Quinn! I miss Heath :((((

#16 Posted by ComicBookGuy007 (7 posts) - - Show Bio

ever since i saw about the new dark knight rises movie on the web the only thing that was going through my mind was seeing a hot and sexy harly quinn on the screen but than i found out that they'd be useing bane catwoman and probaly hugo strange in the movie and then i got pissed

#17 Posted by JoEy9090 (21 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicBookGuy007: Yeah I got so pissed when I found out that she wasn't in it. I nerd raged about it to my friends for a week, they all wanted to beat me up after that week. I really need friends that can appreciate comics.

#18 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6482 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheWalkingDeadGirl24:

Agree on everything except the "puddins". She's even cuter when she says that haha! And she should be played by either Emily Browning or Reese Witherspoon. Sadly though, I don't think she will ever get a movie, particularly one where she's more then the Joker's puppet. Tragic isn;t it? :-(

#19 Posted by notselinakyle (5 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with you , I really need friends like that too ><

Anyway's, I'de love to see a film with her AND The Joker. RIP Heath, he's truly irreplaceable, but I would still love to see a dark Nolan version of Harley, but not without Joker. It just wouldn't be right. But it would have to be perfect, cos this is kind of a tricky one. You don't wana make it disappointing, that's kinda bound to happen.. ><

#20 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Of course i do.

#21 Posted by Joygirl (19968 posts) - - Show Bio

Been a while since I last posted here and my opinion may or may not have changed. I feel confused. On one hand, my faith in comic movies has been restored recently... on the other, not by much. But if there was a Bat-movie with Harley Quinn (preferably Zooey Deschanel as I've stated before), I would watch it. And they may even get her right.

#22 Posted by HarlequinKiss (441 posts) - - Show Bio

On the condition that she has her traditional iconic uniform. I see enough poorly-dressed skimpy goth-wannabe prostitutes on tv as it is.

#23 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6482 posts) - - Show Bio

@HarlequinKiss:

That was pretty funny, not gonna lie.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.