Anyone want old harley back?

#1 Posted by powerflux (87 posts) - - Show Bio

im not a big fan of this new one, there isnt anything of the old harley in her (in fact it may be a different person) so who wants to see quinzel burst in with her red and black suit and kick some joker ass?

#2 Posted by Joygirl (19954 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone wants old Harley back.

#3 Posted by jsphsmth (1136 posts) - - Show Bio

My last memories of Harley pre-Flashpoint was her portrayal in Gotham City Sirens, so no I don't want old Harley back.

#4 Posted by Joygirl (19954 posts) - - Show Bio

@jsphsmth: *twitch*

#5 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2215 posts) - - Show Bio

Aside from a few cosmetic changes on things, I want the old everything back, Harley included.

#6 Posted by Joygirl (19954 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThanosIsMad: A few new things are good, but it's a very small few. New Bleez, new Etrigan, new Shining Knight, new Jason Todd. Batwoman having her own title. Besides that... *shrug*

#7 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13649 posts) - - Show Bio

meh. to be honest, im losing interest in both versions.

#8 Posted by Joygirl (19954 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt: We can't be friends anymore.

#9 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13649 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt: We can't be friends anymore.

meh . I was losing interest in our friendship anyway lol jk.

i used to love her to death though

#10 Posted by Joygirl (19954 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt: She is just as good as she ever was. New Harley is just a fraud and alienating her fanbase so that DC can slowly let her fade away.

#11 Posted by redhoodnet (153 posts) - - Show Bio

Well...

I do think the idea of Harley moving forward with her life without the Joker is very interesting. In SS and with other stuff from DotF I think we see a Harley who feels bad for the evil she has done. I think if SS grabs onto the idea of the redemption of Harley Quinn we could be in for a fun ride.

#12 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13649 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt: She is just as good as she ever was. New Harley is just a fraud and alienating her fanbase so that DC can slowly let her fade away.

they would have done that anyway : P

#13 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (15128 posts) - - Show Bio

#14 Posted by The Stegman (26023 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, I actually like new Harley better.

#15 Posted by Joygirl (19954 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: Contemplating unfollowing you.

#16 Posted by The Stegman (26023 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl: S'ok, I'll still love you

#17 Posted by Joygirl (19954 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman: N'awww, that gif preserved your follow, but I shall not soon forget your transgression.

#18 Posted by The Stegman (26023 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl:

#19 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6538 posts) - - Show Bio

I DO! :(

#20 Posted by Blood1991 (8082 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes I miss old Harley so much!

and her relationships to characters like Poison Ivy, Catwoman, The Furies, Jimmy Olsen, and others.

#21 Posted by TDK_1997 (15081 posts) - - Show Bio

From her last appearances before the New 52 happened I didn't like her and now she is finally starting to catch my attention again.

#22 Posted by Hazlenaut (1935 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked the idea that she moved forward. I figuring out that outfit was to separate her from the joker which better or worst the out fit it was a good idea. the latest fighting games makes her character childish which can work but I feel her theme needs to be more identifiable. I would like the idea of Ivy and Harley being reformed heroes.They can have chat with Plastic Man.

#23 Posted by End_Boss (735 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Harley is being taken in an interesting direction, and I think her character before was a dead end. She was a brain dead bimbo that blindly followed the Joker around and was constantly the butt of the joke. After seeing Harley tied up and abandoned for the umpteenth time, it was getting old. Now that she's recovered some of her old smarts with the resurgence of the Harleen personality, she's slowly becoming a character that might be able to stand on its own (she psychoanalyzes someone pretty succinctly in a recent Suicide Squad issue, and that was the first time I thought "hey, maybe there's some actual substance to this character!").

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.