super_man_23's Harley Quinn #5 - The Hunt for Red Octogenarianz review

A Harley Quinn and Sy-Borg adventure, yay?

Writers, Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti, join Harley Quinn and Sy-Borg in the Hunt for Red Octogenarians! With artwork by Chad Hardin.

The Good

Harley and Sy about to cross off one of Sy's old enemies!

In this issue, Harley Quinn teams up with Sy-Borg; a man that needs to put his old enemies out of commission. Knowing that he's old and can't do it alone, Sy-Borg enlists Harley Quinn to help him in exchange for information on the current bounty that's on her head.

It sounds really exciting, but really it's just amusing. There is minimal action in this issue, but the best parts of this entire story is with the conversations that Harley Quinn and Sy-Borg have. The writers do an excellent job of setting up how all this works and that's a part of the reason why this issue was amusing more than adventurous.

The artwork by Chad Hardin was enjoyable. His artwork in this issue was nice to see and it made reading this issue a bit more bearable.

The Bad

What I didn't like about this issue, is that it delays the answers that I am expecting. Very vaguely Harley Quinn's situation (of becoming eligible to work again, second chance, etc.) has been talked about. However, I want to know why the Joker wanted to kill her and why this bounty is on H.Q.'s head? This issue just keeps denying the inevitable as it seems very narrow sighted. Each story feels isolated and has very few connections to the larger picture that it keeps alluding to. While this might be what the writers are trying to accomplish, this series is good, however it feels more like this entire story would work better in animated form. That's just me though, but it does dull my experience with this series.

Until the next review my friends! Stay full of surprises!

Whether you love, hate, or tolerate Harley Quinn; you can say one good thing about this series, it's amusing! The writers haven't explained certain circumstances that put H.Q. in this position and new monthly series, but reading this issue was amusing/a bit enjoyable. It allowed Harley to team-up with another character and led to a pretty decent issue in terms of this series' standards. The artwork helped make reading this issue a bit more bearable, and I'm intrigued in seeing what will happen next. 2 out of 5.

Last HQ review: 4

Next HQ review: 6

Next reviews: X-O Manowar #24 and Invincible #110

Random reviews I recently did, and you should really read them!

1. ???

2. ???

3. ???

You can complain, or compliment, me on Twitter (@Lol_Clark) or here on Comic Vine (@Super-Man 23). All of my daily reviews are here: -click me-