Follow

Hardware

Character » Hardware appears in 124 issues.

Prodigy inventor Curt Metcalf uses a high-tech battle suit of his own design to fight the international crime cartel known as the System in the guise of Hardware.

Hardware is nothing like Steel or War Machine

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By jointron33

Hardware's first storyline is essentially the theme of the character: Angry Black Man!!!! His origin isn't "Thank you kind flying white man for saving my life. Now, I will build armor in your memory", or "My friend is drunk! Gasp! I must don one of his suits at once......but with a twist!!!! (or in this case a gun)". His origin is "I've been basically adopted by a supposed bleeding heart liberal Bill Gates type who is really a conniving s.o.b. with ties and controls to just about everything. I make his weapons and don't get crap. Time for some angry negro-style revenge!!!!" If I was writing a Hardware title or backup, it would be Django with superheroes. Seriously. The only thing is, when Edwin Alva realizes that his employee is Hardware, he tries to hire him as a mascot! I would have Hardware promise revenge for others who have been wronged by Alva through the years, only to "sellout" and become a mascot. How does a hero handle going against his own morals and livelihood, just so that his boss won't hunt him down and kill him?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.