Follow

Hardcore Station

Location » Hardcore Station appears in 17 issues.

Once a mining colony, it has become an independent city state in the DC Universe.

Would U Buy It #72: "Hardcore Station"

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Edited By cbishop
    DateWUBI # 72:View:Attached to Forum:Back/ Next
    12/01/10Hardcore Station(Blog) (Forum)Hardcore Station(Back) (Next)

We all have trade paperback (TPB) collections we'd like to see. Here's one of mine:

Proposed Title:Hardcore Station.
    Alternate Title:Mystery in Space: Hardcore Station.
    Collecting 7 Issues:
    • Hardcore Station #1-6
    • Mystery in Space (2006) #1.
    Covers: (click to enlarge)
    TPB Cover: Hardcore Station #1
    TPB Cover: Hardcore Station #1

If you read the 2006 Mystery in Space mini-series, then you are familiar with Hardcore Station. Home to Chief Justice Max, Captain Comet and The Weird, it's a little bit Deep Space 9, a little Babylon 5, and allDC Universe. I loved the MIS mini-series, and was left wanting more, disappointed that it didn't continue into an ongoing series. Between the end of MIS and the beginning of the Strange Adventures mini-series from 2009, I found myself digging through back issue bins, where I randomly ran across Hardcore Station #1, from July, 1998. Excited to read more of this concept that I knew from Mystery in Space, I have yet to find any more of the issues to this mini-series. This is one of those that I just want to read... maybe it's just that I like space stories. I'd use the cover to #1 for the TPB cover, since it's the only one with a picture of the space station on it, although the cover to #5, with all the JLA members on it, might make it sell better.

10/14/12 Update: I added the alternate title suggestion of Mystery in Space: Hardcore Station, because I think today's readers, probably not knowing the 1998 series, would more easily make the connection that it and the 2006 Mystery in Space are related. Just as an "easter egg" type extra, I thought, "Why not toss in the first issue of the 2006 series, just to make them want to pick up the Mystery in Space Vol. 1 TPB?" It's a nice extra, and a good way to make fans associate the two series.

Would you buy it? Let me know in the comments, and thanks for reading.

More WUBI:

Back/ Next#Which WUBI will it be:
    Back:71.Spanner's Galaxy.
    Next:73.Jemm, Son of Saturn.

.Full WUBI Index..Full Blog Index.

Thanks again!

Hardcore Station
    Hardcore Station

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cbishop
    @Emperor Gonzo Noir: lol. :)
    Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
    Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

Looks intresting.  I was wondering what happened to The Weird, I just finished re-reading his original mini.
    cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cbishop
    @Donovan Montgomery:The Weird was the second feature of the 2006 Mystery in Space, telling a story that ran concurrently with the events in the Captain Comet stories.  In the last issue, the two stories combined, and both plotlines came to their conclusion.  The original The Weird mini-series was reprinted in the Mystery in Space, Vol. 2 TPB.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.