What happened with Hardball & Komodo?

#1 Posted by Vance Astro (91066 posts) - - Show Bio

Did I miss something? I know i've been out of the loop because Siege made me stop reading current continuity Marvel comics but in what comic did Hardball become good again because at the end of Initiative or even before that he was working with Hydra, he even depowered Komodo (whom he was dating) and put her back in a wheelchair however in Fear Itself: Youth In Revolt you see a repowered Komodo and a good Hardball..what's up with that? What did I miss?

#2 Posted by Vance Astro (91066 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody?

#3 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

She was repowered around Siege, if I recall correctly. I don't really recall about Hardball. They also showed up in the faux prom in Avengers Academy.

#4 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro: Maybe this will help... From Avengers Initiative 35.

#5 Posted by Vance Astro (91066 posts) - - Show Bio
@Timandm said:
@Vance Astro: Maybe this will help... From Avengers Initiative 35.

Ooooooh that's why.I only have up to issue #33.I thought I had every issue.I didn't read this issue yet.Thanks alot, Timandm.
#6 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio

They broke up when it was revealed that he'd turned to the dark side.   He earned himself a pardon by turning on the bad guys again... but I can't rmemeber when that was.

Since Avengers Initiative ended they seem to have a tenuous on-again/off-again relationship.  They're both active in different Initiaitve teams, and were recently invited to a dance at the Avengers Academy.  There, Komodo was flirting with Reptil (who was stillin his 30-something adult body from the future), so Hardball was jealous & tried to pick fights... Komodo was resistant to Hardball at first, reminding him that they weren't together anymore... but she seemed to run back to him later on (probably because Reptil confessed that he was really in his mid-teens).  

Sorry it's kinda vague.  I'm really tired this morning :)
#7 Edited by Vance Astro (91066 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:

They broke up when it was revealed that he'd turned to the dark side.   He earned himself a pardon by turning on the bad guys again... but I can't rmemeber when that was. Since Avengers Initiative ended they seem to have a tenuous on-again/off-again relationship.  They're both active in different Initiaitve teams, and were recently invited to a dance at the Avengers Academy.  There, Komodo was flirting with Reptil (who was stillin his 30-something adult body from the future), so Hardball was jealous & tried to pick fights... Komodo was resistant to Hardball at first, reminding him that they weren't together anymore... but she seemed to run back to him later on (probably because Reptil confessed that he was really in his mid-teens).   Sorry it's kinda vague.  I'm really tired this morning :)

I read the Avengers Academy issue with the prom.I was more concerned about what would happen to Justice and Firestar with that issue.They seem to be having issues.
#8 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio

From the Avengers Academy issue, I'm assuming that they've had a few fallings out and a few flings ever since the end of Initiative. 

#9 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: The thing between Justice and Firestar is an old story but a classic.  Boy and girl fall in love... Boy and girl break up for a stupid reason...  Boy and girl are still in love but agree to stay broken up even though they get upset with each other as if they were still in a relationship...

Although, I can certainly understand Firestar wanting to toast Justice for his whole, "I want to wait till our wedding night because your special" attitude, after she finds out he's rushed right to the bedroom with Ultra-girl because times were dangerous....  As if things were an ocean of calm when he and Firestar were together.
#10 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio

@Timandm: I was still referring to Komodo & Hardball :)

I know Vance & Angel are over, but he reaction to Ultra Girl was a bit silly considering how long it's been since they split up. I can understand that she was hurt & felt lied to, but she was the one who broke it up. Then again, Ultra Valley Girl was just plain dumb to brag about her love life like that.

#11 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: i guess super heroes can act childish in matters of love like the rest of us...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.