Wasp and Ant-Man Team Up in November

Posted by No_name_here (330 posts) - - Show Bio
 He's basically got an identity for every day of the work week, now.

Ant-Man and the Wasp are teaming up for their own title in November, but this isn’t about the incredible-shrinking couple you’re probably thinking of. Janet Van Dyne’s still dead from SECRET INVASION (or still a cosmos-embodying celestial - - same thing) so this comics’ going to actually be a buddy book about Hank Pym, the new Wasp, and Eric O’Grady, the latest Ant-Man. HACK/SLASH creator Tim Seeley’s going to be handling the writing and art, and he’s already keen to the inherent animosity between the characters. After all, Pym didn’t choose O’Grady as a successor - - the Irish lad stole his antennae-adorned helmet. Thus, the two are going to be as much at odds with eachother as they are with A.I.M. and its host of new agents in this mini-series.

You know, beyond all of that, I imagine this is going to make for one hell of an identity crisis for Pym, and he's got plenty of issues already. Swapping places with your dead wife (whom you were never really on the best terms with, anyway) and bringing in this jerk to take your role is guaranteed to play games with the Scientist Supreme's mind, for sure. == TEASER ==

Here's more art for the mini...

I can’t help but notice the timing of this. SCOTT PILGRIM VS. THE WORLD is coming out this week and (presumably) Edgar Wright will finally be free to focus on the ANT-MAN movie he’s been talking about for however many years. The rumor mill’s spun a bit about which Ant-Man’s going to be the subject of that flick and, further, how it’s going to be reconciled with Ant-Man’s appearance in the AVENGERS movie. The most convincing idea put forth was that Hank Pym would be the brains of the operation while O’Grady (or maybe Scott Lang) would be the muscle. If that’s the case, then it’d make sense for Marvel to start working out a scenario for their partnership in the comics.  

Anyway, what do you Comic Vine maniacs think of this? Are you going to check ANT-MAN & THE WASP and see these incredible-shrinking guys at eachother's throats for a few months?

Tom Pinchuk’s the writer of HYBRID BASTARDS! & UNIMAGINABLE. Order them on Amazon here & here.

#1 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah i heard about this. Seems interesting.
#2 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome.

#3 Posted by Jake Fury (19203 posts) - - Show Bio

Damnit I thought Janet was returning.
#4 Posted by gambit987 (1273 posts) - - Show Bio

looks cool

#5 Posted by Benzo (619 posts) - - Show Bio

Really looking forward to this! 

#6 Posted by ComicMan24 (147032 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
" Damnit I thought Janet was returning. "
Me too.
#7 Posted by sora_thekey (8185 posts) - - Show Bio

The dynamic seems to be something that will be fun to read. Plus I like the idea of the Ant-Man movie to get started... (I still want Hank Pym and Janet in the Avengers movie!) 
Although I can't help but think, how will this work if Hank is teaching at the Avengers Academy and O'Grady is off with the Secret Avengers?

#8 Posted by Video_Martian (5562 posts) - - Show Bio

is it an ongoing?

#9 Posted by Braxxis7 (248 posts) - - Show Bio

Suprisingly I will probably get this!
#10 Posted by CaptainUseless (728 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nobody said:
" Awesome. "
Agreed, this sounds really good.
#11 Posted by longas91 (66 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:
" @Jake Fury said:
" Damnit I thought Janet was returning. "
Me too. "
Me three! gosh! :S
#12 Posted by JCJQLB (2788 posts) - - Show Bio

So cool

#13 Posted by MTHarman (725 posts) - - Show Bio

Im excited to see this, for some reason I like Ant-Man
#14 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (18976 posts) - - Show Bio

Hank Pym has grown on me, I'll give this a look

#15 Posted by Quest (107 posts) - - Show Bio

i will check it out it to be 4 out of 5 for me to keep up all the time since there is so much

#16 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3179 posts) - - Show Bio

stupidstupidstupid. 
I want Janet.

#17 Posted by War Killer (20292 posts) - - Show Bio

This should be epic, also the joke for Hank having an identity for every day of the work week made me laugh xD

#18 Posted by Treason (227 posts) - - Show Bio

i smell epicness

#19 Posted by Mumbles (843 posts) - - Show Bio

might be good

#20 Posted by grufaine (106 posts) - - Show Bio

For me this is a must-get =D I was really hoping something apart from Avengers Academy would come out with Pym, as my interest in Academy is pretty low. 

#21 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I wrong or is this the first miniseries starring Hank?

#22 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23238 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell yes! Pym is awesome. My favourite Avengers by a field.

#23 Posted by Pizawle (1073 posts) - - Show Bio

Hank Pym as Wasp?! And Janet Van Dyne is a celestial?!  (Never read Secret Invasion)

My goodness, how awful on both accounts.

#24 Posted by ComicCrazy (1505 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome I have been really digging ant man recently.
#25 Posted by daken_2513 (402 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Fury said:
"Damnit I thought Janet was returning. "

i was hoping she reuturn
#26 Posted by Blurred View (363 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like this series will be the last fun to be had with the awesomeness of Hank Pym as the Wasp before he becomes boring old Giant Man again.

#27 Edited by Jake Fury (19203 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone read the first issue? I thought it was awesome.
#28 Posted by Terrareus (31 posts) - - Show Bio

This is only a 3-issue mini series?  Or did I hear wrong?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.