The Fate of Hank Pym - AoU Theory

#1 Edited by Teerack (5899 posts) - - Show Bio

So I was trying to think how exactly they could win in Age of Ultron, and I started thinking about how Ultron's A.I. was made from the brain patterns of Hank Pym.

Then I started looking at the covers of Age of Ultron 10 A.I.

The first one looks like Hank is trapped inside of Ultron and the other look like Hank is evolving into Ultron.

And then there is the fact that Hank will be leading an all android team in Avengers A.I.

What if to fix everything Hank takes his original method a step further. Instead of just copping his brain patterns as a guide for the A.I. What if he himself actually fully transfers his mind into Ultron and becomes an A.I.?

I really hope I'm wrong because to me being turned into a robot is a horrible fate. The irony of one of Marvel's most human characters losing their humanity is funny and tragic.

#2 Edited by flazam (2495 posts) - - Show Bio

nice theory

#3 Posted by Dernman (14975 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope that picture isn't suggesting he's giving up his powers and hero persona.

#4 Posted by Mucklefluga (2550 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, think about some of the androids available in the Marvel U. Hell, unless I'm very much mistaken, that brown haired kid on the cover is Victor Mancha, son of Ultron, and all indication is that despite being robotic, he's perfectly functional in all respects as a human being.

Really, the only things that would change for Pym is that he probably wouldn't age, and if he gets dismembered, he can repair himself. It'd be child's play for him to alter Ultron's chassis into an android base for himself.

#6 Edited by Teerack (5899 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith said:

Eh, think about some of the androids available in the Marvel U. Hell, unless I'm very much mistaken, that brown haired kid on the cover is Victor Mancha, son of Ultron, and all indication is that despite being robotic, he's perfectly functional in all respects as a human being.

Really, the only things that would change for Pym is that he probably wouldn't age, and if he gets dismembered, he can repair himself. It'd be child's play for him to alter Ultron's chassis into an android base for himself.

Vic was designed to be a robot that gets more and more human like though, so I'm sure if he'd be the best comparison. If Hank becomes Ultron then he will be completely cut off from the human condition.(Even Vision needs to worry about dying, but not so much Ultron) I don't see that not effecting him, not to mention Ultron was made to be smarter then everyone, so I would imagine he would change after gaining a higher lever of knowledge and understanding. I could defiantly see this ending any hope for future Pym romances to.

Another more desterbing theory I had was that because Ultron was based off Hank's brain what if all this time a confused scared copy of his consciousness was trapped inside of Ultron unable to ask for help as he's forced to do horrible things, and that's what up with the crying Pym busting out of Ultron in the first cover. :O

#7 Posted by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

Vic was designed to be a robot that gets more and more human like though, so I'm sure if he'd be the best comparison. If Hank becomes Ultron then he will be completely cut off from the human condition.(Even Vision needs to worry about dying, but not so much Ultron) I don't see that not effecting him, not to mention Ultron was made to be smarter then everyone, so I would imagine he would change after gaining a higher lever of knowledge and understanding. I could defiantly see this ending any hope for future Pym romances to.

Hank already allegedly blurs the line between science and magic, just because he can. I can't see an intelligence boost from being placed in an Ultron stopping him from making some dramatic modifications to make himself more at home. Not to mention Ultron himself DESIGNED Vic. So if Hank DID gain the knowledge from the mind transfer, he'd be perfectly able to redesign his body similarly. You combine that with Ultron's knowledge of the Vision schematics, and the fact that unlike Ultron, Hank being more than okay with modifying himself...

Turning Hank into Ultron would probably be one of the best power upgrades you could give him. It's comparable to Tony Stark taking the Extremis formula and upgrading into the Bleeding Edge.

#8 Edited by Teerack (5899 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonsmith said:

@teerack said:

Vic was designed to be a robot that gets more and more human like though, so I'm sure if he'd be the best comparison. If Hank becomes Ultron then he will be completely cut off from the human condition.(Even Vision needs to worry about dying, but not so much Ultron) I don't see that not effecting him, not to mention Ultron was made to be smarter then everyone, so I would imagine he would change after gaining a higher lever of knowledge and understanding. I could defiantly see this ending any hope for future Pym romances to.

Hank already allegedly blurs the line between science and magic, just because he can. I can't see an intelligence boost from being placed in an Ultron stopping him from making some dramatic modifications to make himself more at home. Not to mention Ultron himself DESIGNED Vic. So if Hank DID gain the knowledge from the mind transfer, he'd be perfectly able to redesign his body similarly. You combine that with Ultron's knowledge of the Vision schematics, and the fact that unlike Ultron, Hank being more than okay with modifying himself...

Turning Hank into Ultron would probably be one of the best power upgrades you could give him. It's comparable to Tony Stark taking the Extremis formula and upgrading into the Bleeding Edge.

If this does happen I really hope his new super hero name i s Ultra Hank or Pymtron. xD

#9 Edited by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh wow -- if things don't turn out like your theory, I would be disappointed. There's a wealth of fantastic story ideas which can come out of that -- even the tragedy (I would see it that way because giving up one's humanity is some pretty stark stuff) would come into play in so many ways.

He would be incredibly powerful - and in essence, Ultron is what Hank always wanted to be, smarter than anyone else.

#10 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2143 posts) - - Show Bio

interesting theory

#11 Posted by guttridgeb (4832 posts) - - Show Bio

That could be a pretty great thing to happen in terms of story potential.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.