Follow

Hank Pym

Character » Hank Pym appears in 3721 issues.

Hank Pym is a scientific genius, a founding member of the Avengers, the creator of Pym Particles and of Ultron, and a modern-day superhero who suffers from a Bipolar disorder. He has acted under many memorable identities such as Ant-Man, Giant Man, Goliath, Yellowjacket, and the Wasp. He is also the Earth's Scientist Supreme, as decreed by Eternity.

The Fate of Hank Pym - AoU Theory

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

#1  Edited By Teerack

So I was trying to think how exactly they could win in Age of Ultron, and I started thinking about how Ultron's A.I. was made from the brain patterns of Hank Pym.

Then I started looking at the covers of Age of Ultron 10 A.I.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

The first one looks like Hank is trapped inside of Ultron and the other look like Hank is evolving into Ultron.

And then there is the fact that Hank will be leading an all android team in Avengers A.I.

No Caption Provided

What if to fix everything Hank takes his original method a step further. Instead of just copping his brain patterns as a guide for the A.I. What if he himself actually fully transfers his mind into Ultron and becomes an A.I.?

I really hope I'm wrong because to me being turned into a robot is a horrible fate. The irony of one of Marvel's most human characters losing their humanity is funny and tragic.

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

#2  Edited By flazam

nice theory

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I hope that picture isn't suggesting he's giving up his powers and hero persona.

Mucklefluga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Eh, think about some of the androids available in the Marvel U. Hell, unless I'm very much mistaken, that brown haired kid on the cover is Victor Mancha, son of Ultron, and all indication is that despite being robotic, he's perfectly functional in all respects as a human being.

Really, the only things that would change for Pym is that he probably wouldn't age, and if he gets dismembered, he can repair himself. It'd be child's play for him to alter Ultron's chassis into an android base for himself.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Teerack

@jonsmith said:

Eh, think about some of the androids available in the Marvel U. Hell, unless I'm very much mistaken, that brown haired kid on the cover is Victor Mancha, son of Ultron, and all indication is that despite being robotic, he's perfectly functional in all respects as a human being.

Really, the only things that would change for Pym is that he probably wouldn't age, and if he gets dismembered, he can repair himself. It'd be child's play for him to alter Ultron's chassis into an android base for himself.

Vic was designed to be a robot that gets more and more human like though, so I'm sure if he'd be the best comparison. If Hank becomes Ultron then he will be completely cut off from the human condition.(Even Vision needs to worry about dying, but not so much Ultron) I don't see that not effecting him, not to mention Ultron was made to be smarter then everyone, so I would imagine he would change after gaining a higher lever of knowledge and understanding. I could defiantly see this ending any hope for future Pym romances to.

Another more desterbing theory I had was that because Ultron was based off Hank's brain what if all this time a confused scared copy of his consciousness was trapped inside of Ultron unable to ask for help as he's forced to do horrible things, and that's what up with the crying Pym busting out of Ultron in the first cover. :O

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

Vic was designed to be a robot that gets more and more human like though, so I'm sure if he'd be the best comparison. If Hank becomes Ultron then he will be completely cut off from the human condition.(Even Vision needs to worry about dying, but not so much Ultron) I don't see that not effecting him, not to mention Ultron was made to be smarter then everyone, so I would imagine he would change after gaining a higher lever of knowledge and understanding. I could defiantly see this ending any hope for future Pym romances to.

Hank already allegedly blurs the line between science and magic, just because he can. I can't see an intelligence boost from being placed in an Ultron stopping him from making some dramatic modifications to make himself more at home. Not to mention Ultron himself DESIGNED Vic. So if Hank DID gain the knowledge from the mind transfer, he'd be perfectly able to redesign his body similarly. You combine that with Ultron's knowledge of the Vision schematics, and the fact that unlike Ultron, Hank being more than okay with modifying himself...

Turning Hank into Ultron would probably be one of the best power upgrades you could give him. It's comparable to Tony Stark taking the Extremis formula and upgrading into the Bleeding Edge.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Teerack

@jonsmith said:

@teerack said:

Hank already allegedly blurs the line between science and magic, just because he can. I can't see an intelligence boost from being placed in an Ultron stopping him from making some dramatic modifications to make himself more at home. Not to mention Ultron himself DESIGNED Vic. So if Hank DID gain the knowledge from the mind transfer, he'd be perfectly able to redesign his body similarly. You combine that with Ultron's knowledge of the Vision schematics, and the fact that unlike Ultron, Hank being more than okay with modifying himself...

Turning Hank into Ultron would probably be one of the best power upgrades you could give him. It's comparable to Tony Stark taking the Extremis formula and upgrading into the Bleeding Edge.

If this does happen I really hope his new super hero name i s Ultra Hank or Pymtron. xD

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lykopis

Oh wow -- if things don't turn out like your theory, I would be disappointed. There's a wealth of fantastic story ideas which can come out of that -- even the tragedy (I would see it that way because giving up one's humanity is some pretty stark stuff) would come into play in so many ways.

He would be incredibly powerful - and in essence, Ultron is what Hank always wanted to be, smarter than anyone else.

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

interesting theory

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

That could be a pretty great thing to happen in terms of story potential.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.