Since Pym's been recognized as the Scientist Supreme by Eternity

#1 Posted by lordofthebrocean (657 posts) - - Show Bio

Does that not make him as smart as, if not smarter than Reed Richards? I mean, if Reed was the most brilliant mind in all of Marvel, or one can argue all of comics, then why was Reed Richards not given the title of Scientist Supreme? Hell, Doctor Doom created a freakin' time machine, and even he is not recognized as smarter than Reed, but like I said, since Eternity recognized Hank as the Scientist Supreme, does that not make Hank smarter than Reed? 

#2 Posted by crimsonspider89 (817 posts) - - Show Bio

No, he was named Scientist Supreme due to why he pursued science. To make the impossible possible where Reed is the explorer and Tony is the engineer. Reed, Banner, Doom and Stark are still smarter than him.

#3 Posted by Purpora_lasombra (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope I don't think so either, I think it just means that he was the most proactive in the field of science, doing the most in that field, like Crimsonspider89 said, Reed's more of an explorer and Stark is the engineer, so therefore I don't think it makes him smarter then them, it just means he was more deserving of the title Supreme Scientist cause of what he had done in that field, where as overall, other scientists are still smarter then him

#4 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@crimsonspider89 said:
" No, he was named Scientist Supreme due to why he pursued science. To make the impossible possible where Reed is the explorer and Tony is the engineer. Reed, Banner, Doom and Stark are still smarter than him. "
this here, word for word, though its debatable whether it really ever happened given
the events of MA 26.
#5 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

What happened in Mighty Avengers 26? I haven't got it yet but if they're already tearing down all the stuff they've managed to accomplish with Pym I'm gonna be pissed.
#6 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

Loki says that that wasn't really Eternity. That it was him in disguise. Hank denies it and says that he's trying to put a hole in his confidence.

It's never made clear whether it was Loki or Eternity.

#7 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

It better just be Loki lying, kinda like when Pym and Osborn were racing to get to the cosmic cube and he tricked Osborn telling him he already touched it, how else would Osborn be in charge. Everyone has noticed how much more capable and confident Hank has become since taking to Eternity, what reason would Loki have to make Hank capable of taking him down?
#8 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC: youll have to read the new issue. answers your questions.
#9 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol.  Why on earth would Eternity give two shakes about a scientist with more crazy murdering robots to his name than useful inventions?
#10 Posted by crimsonspider89 (817 posts) - - Show Bio
@Zoom:  Cause he is one of the brightest in the universe, saved Eternity once, discovered Pym particles and only made one crazy homicidal robot. 
#11 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio
@crimsonspider89 said:
" @Zoom:  Cause he is one of the brightest in the universe, saved Eternity once, discovered Pym particles and only made one crazy homicidal robot.  "

Exactly. And his inventions come closest to magic. I think that's why Cho kept pointing out that the ant-man helmet doesn't make sense but it still works. Same with Pym particles, they shouldn't really be possible but they do thus Hank Pym is the Scientist Supreme.
#12 Posted by OhTru (1583 posts) - - Show Bio
Like they say there's a fine line between genius and insanity 

@Zoom said:
" Lol.  Why on earth would Eternity give two shakes about a scientist with more crazy murdering robots to his name than useful inventions? "
LMAO Pym is a crazy whackjob

#13 Posted by Mr. Hamilton (18 posts) - - Show Bio
@crimsonspider89 said:
" No, he was named Scientist Supreme due to why he pursued science. To make the impossible possible where Reed is the explorer and Tony is the engineer. Reed, Banner, Doom and Stark are still smarter than him. "
I disagree on Banner. Stark is debatable but I've always thought that Hank is smarter
#14 Posted by Walker696 (984 posts) - - Show Bio

You know I have been thinking on this myself for a while but after thing of what Ultron has been doing lately (I believe he is being praised as a god by an alien race of machines), then you have to remember that he was created by Hank. Add to that, Hank has gone through a hell of a lot, but not because of his experiments (not counting Ultron) and he has continued to work in the name of science. I mean honestly its not many wife beating superheroes that last in the business, yet alone ones who's creations have killed a number of people (I think some of which were heroes, not to sure). I guess we think about Dr. Strange as the most powerful sorcerer with his old title, but with Brother Voodoo having the title now, we have to get out of the mind frame that the title goes to the most powerful, smartest, or strongest people. Just like any title it has to be earned, Reed has had it good for the most part, shit just hit the fan for Tony, Banner has way to many issues, and funny enough Doom was eligiable for Sorcerer Supreme and could be in the running for Scientist Supreme (could be where they taking this Voodoo and Pym vs Doom for their titles, I'll keep my fingers crossed on that one). So please people live Pym alone, he needs something, that man is going on dates with robots that look like his ex wife  for god sake

#15 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio
@crimsonspider89 said:
" @Zoom:  Cause he is one of the brightest in the universe, saved Eternity once, discovered Pym particles and only made one crazy homicidal robot.  "
No, two. Ultron was one, but I remember reading somewhere that during his wife-beating period Pym created a robot designed to take out the Avengers. It had a secret cut-off switch so that he could turn it off, save the Avengers, and be forgiven for attacking Wasp.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.