Follow

Hank Pym

Character » Hank Pym appears in 3721 issues.

Hank Pym is a scientific genius, a founding member of the Avengers, the creator of Pym Particles and of Ultron, and a modern-day superhero who suffers from a Bipolar disorder. He has acted under many memorable identities such as Ant-Man, Giant Man, Goliath, Yellowjacket, and the Wasp. He is also the Earth's Scientist Supreme, as decreed by Eternity.

Scientist Supreme

King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By King Quisling

After years, literally years, of arguing with people about Pym's intellect we finally find out he's Earth's Scientist Supreme! :D I always knew he was the smartest there is!

Avatar image for omega_level_supreme
    Omega-level Supreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When and where was this discovery announced?
    Shadowstep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Shadowstep
    @Omega-level Supreme said:

" When and where was this discovery announced? "

No Caption Provided
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By iLLituracy
    @King Quisling said:
    " After years, literally years, of arguing with people about Pym's intellect we finally find out he's Earth's Scientist Supreme! :D I always knew he was the smartest there is! "
    False. Eternity himself explained that he wasn't the smartest there is. He plainly said that Richards and Stark were smarter than he when Pym asked why he was chosen as Earth's Scientist Supreme and they weren't.
    King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By King Quisling
    @iLLituracy: Lol yeah I know, he's not technically smartest but he pushes science to the brink of reality. That's incredible. :)
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By sora_thekey

That is weird...? So there's Sorceror Supreme? and now Scientest Supreme? are there any more Supremes I should know about?
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By iLLituracy
    @King Quisling said:
    " @iLLituracy: Lol yeah I know, he's not technically smartest but he pushes science to the brink of reality. That's incredible. :) "
    Yeah. I think it's great development. For the first time in a long time Hank Pym isn't about beating women and being a borderline villain but actually being one of the greatest Avengers ever.

@sora_thekey said:
    " That is weird...? So there's Sorceror Supreme? and now Scientest Supreme? are there any more Supremes I should know about? "

There's always been a Scientist Supreme...as far as AIM went, at least. Monica Rappaccini and a few others have claimed to be Scientist Supreme of AIM, but there was never really a set Scientist Supreme for the whole universe. There probably isn't anymore Supremes, though...if it isn't made of magic in comics then it's made of science.
    King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By King Quisling
    @iLLituracy: H only he her once and he was having a nervous breakdown! He felt worthless amongst the Avengers, like he didn't belong and he would barely get credit for anything. It's not his fault he snapped. He's always been one of the greatest Avengers ever imo. 
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#9  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @sora_thekey said:
    "That is weird...? So there's Sorceror Supreme? and now Scientest Supreme? are there any more Supremes I should know about? "
    Watch a Panther Supreme, Soldier Supreme, and Mutant Supreme appear in few years
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By iLLituracy
    @War Killer said:
    " @sora_thekey said:
    "That is weird...? So there's Sorceror Supreme? and now Scientest Supreme? are there any more Supremes I should know about? "
    Watch a Panther Supreme, Soldier Supreme, and Mutant Supreme appear in few years "
    As funny as I find that...I highly doubt it. Lmao.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By DEGRAAF

Eternity didnt necessarily say Stark was smarter than Pym. You could make a good arguement saying he did but the way i took it he said Reed was Smarter than Pym and just that Stark was THE ENGINEER. Im curious where Banner plays in to all of this and if he is not that far behind them.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#12  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @DEGRAAF said:
    "Eternity didnt necessarily say Stark was smarter than Pym. You could make a good arguement saying he did but the way i took it he said Reed was Smarter than Pym and just that Stark was THE ENGINEER. Im curious where Banner plays in to all of this and if he is not that far behind them. "
    One could say Banner is up there, but one could also say that because of the Hulk, Banner is not completely smart all of the time
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DEGRAAF

Yea but if you look at Green Scar he has the intelligence of banner and the powerful strength of Savage Hulk

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By iLLituracy
    @DEGRAAF said:
    " Eternity didnt necessarily say Stark was smarter than Pym. You could make a good arguement saying he did but the way i took it he said Reed was Smarter than Pym and just that Stark was THE ENGINEER. Im curious where Banner plays in to all of this and if he is not that far behind them. "
    He didn't say that he was smarter than him, no. But Hank is smart enough to know who is smarter than him, which is why he asked about Tony, which is why he was in the conversation to begin with. I'm also questioning whether Green Scar had the intelligence level of Bruce Banner. His intelligence was high, but I doubt Green Scar could get down and build a force-field generator out of a toaster and a microwave.
    Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

@sora_thekey said:

well lest us not forget Squadron Supreme ,Taco Supreme and THE SUPREMES 

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DEGRAAF

@ iLLituracy Thats true about Hank knowin whos smarter, also if you read Iron Man, i know it doesnt make it legit but Osborn stated a couple times that Stark is (or atleast was) the smartest man on earth. As for Green Scar building a force feild generator out of a toaster and a microwave, i think he would have been able to, it would be funny to see

BatDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BatDance

Reed says he's a dumbass

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#18  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @iLLituracy said:
    " @War Killer said:
    " @sora_thekey said:
    Watch a Panther Supreme, Soldier Supreme, and Mutant Supreme appear in few years "
    As funny as I find that...I highly doubt it. Lmao. "
    Agreed.
    hdorman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By hdorman1
    @BatDance said:
    "Reed says he's a dumbass

"

i really hate mr.fantastic
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DEGRAAF

i like mr fantastic when it comes to science but he seems to be becoming more and more arrogent
    Lefteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Lefteris

So, is he going to hit sue someday?Who knows.I really like that pym ise tha scientist supreme.I think that marvel begins tou pay a little attention to him.Finally!!!
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#22  Edited By The_Martian
    @iLLituracy said:
    " @King Quisling said:
    " After years, literally years, of arguing with people about Pym's intellect we finally find out he's Earth's Scientist Supreme! :D I always knew he was the smartest there is! "
    False. Eternity himself explained that he wasn't the smartest there is. He plainly said that Richards and Stark were smarter than he when Pym asked why he was chosen as Earth's Scientist Supreme and they weren't. "
    Exactly.
    hdorman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By hdorman1
    @Lefteris:
    he already hit sue 

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By PrinceIMC

I just read this issue and I love it too. Specially since the Mighty Avengers have started Hank has been doing more and more extreme things like the Infinite Avengers Mansion. His science does the impossible while Reed is the Explorer best suited to learn and apply that knowledge, Tony is the Engineer who will use science to change the world. Hank's science is the Mage, his science is about doing the impossible. This should really help Hank's confidence and maybe a good start for combining the Mighty Avengers, Young Avengers and Avengers Rebellion.

Plus my favorite part though was Eternity sucker punching Hank. Good times.

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#25  Edited By jordama
    @hdorman1 said:
    "@BatDance said:
    "Reed says he's a dumbass

"
    i really hate mr.fantastic "

I hate reed too, but that dialogue made me a huge Pym fan. I couldn't stop laughing when i read it.
    avengpymhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#26  Edited By avengpymhawk

It is about time people are starting too warm-up to Hank.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#27  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @avengpymhawk said:
    " It is about time people are starting too warm-up to Hank. "
    Thank Dan Slott.He's the only person who can write a comic with a bunch of characters I don't like and still make it good.
    warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By warlock360

As The Apprentice
    As The Apprentice
    Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29  Edited By Jotham

He was probably just trying to stop Pym from killing himself.

E: NO, PYM. DO NOT DO IT. FOR YOU ARE, umm... SCIENTIST SUPREME!
    HP: You mean I'm the smartest guy in the universe?
    E: WELL, NO. BUT YOU, umm... PUSH SCIENCE TO THE BRINK OF REALITY!
    HP: Really?
    E: OH, YES! LIKE THAT TIME YOU, umm...
    HP: Discovered Pym particles?
    E: OH, YES. PYM PARTICLES, THOSE ARE GREAT! OR HOW ABOUT THAT TIME YOU, umm...
    HP: Created Ultron?
    E: Uhh...

rhinobaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By rhinobaby

Great.  I just can't wait for D-Man to be named Earth's Sandwich-Artist Supreme.

or, as a friend of mine put it:

HELLO! TIME MACHINE? I SHOT A BUILDING INTO SPACE SOME TIMES. ROBOTS THAT DON'T TRY TO KILL ME COME ON HERE ETERNITY YOU ARE BREAKING DOOM'S BALLS HERE!!"

avengpymhawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#31  Edited By avengpymhawk

He was probably just trying to stop Pym from killing himself.
    Jotham said
    E: NO, PYM. DO NOT DO IT. FOR YOU ARE, umm... SCIENTIST SUPREME!
    HP: You mean I'm the smartest guy in the universe?
    E: WELL, NO. BUT YOU, umm... PUSH SCIENCE TO THE BRINK OF REALITY!
    HP: Really?
    E: OH, YES! LIKE THAT TIME YOU, umm...
    HP: Discovered Pym particles?
    E: OH, YES. PYM PARTICLES, THOSE ARE GREAT! OR HOW ABOUT THAT TIME YOU, umm...
    HP: Created Ultron?
    E: Uhh...      
    That was pretty well thought out......but, leave poor Pym alone and alow him some thunder. 

rhinobaby said 
    HELLO! TIME MACHINE? I SHOT A BUILDING INTO SPACE SOME TIMES. ROBOTS THAT DON'T TRY TO KILL ME COME ON HERE ETERNITY YOU ARE BREAKING DOOM'S BALLS HERE!!"      
    I'm sure Doom falls in the league with Reed, but evil natured so he was a no-go for Enternity
    Watch Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Watch Dog

Well I read this last weak and have been thinking about it ever sence and you know what I still don't know what to think about it on one hand it was written well but as I was reading it I could not help thinking "is he hallucinating do to the stress of traversing throe multiple levels of reality"

So then I started thinking of other candidates for the title witch led me to the thought what if Dr. Doom were tho get both titles of Scientist Supreme and Sorcerer Supreme now that would make a great What if or some thing.

imperiusrex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By imperiusrex

Eh, most of the aforementioned "smarter than Hank Pym" heroes have had their share of foul ups. Reed Richards turned his friend into a monster and couldn't even shield his spaceship correctly. Reed also accidentally showed Annilihus and Blastarr how to get to earth and they've caused their fair share of havoc. Tony Stark had his armor taken over and  stolen and used to commit murders. He's just lucky that the several times it's happened the body count wasn't higher.
    Here's what Hank has done:
    Create artificial life
    Harnessed a particle that controls mass and dimension (think of the real world applications for that. You could solve every problem humanity faces with ecology, famine and overpopulation in about a week...)
    Learned to communicate with other life forms through biomechanical means
    Overlaid and combined DNA safely (the Wasp had wings and antennae-depending on the writer- she could use to control several different types of insects)  
    and very likely dozens of other useful applications that only appeared in an issue or two and I can't just think of them off the top of my head.
    Also consider this, many of the worlds greatest intellects never utilize their gifts properly. You can have the world's highest IQ but with no focus and no goals, you're fairly pointless.
     http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/229159/genius 
    Hank is always striving, always creating and that is just as important as his IQ.
    Oh and yes Hank hit his wife. He'd been mind controlled by Ultron probably less than six months earlier Marvel time where his mind had been completely warped by the robot and had his memories restored by some fashion that I don't think they explained very thoroughly. I could make an easy case for him somewhat unbalanced after such an event.

Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34  Edited By Jotham
    @avengpymhawk: Ah, I like Pym. I'm just giving him a hard time. I don't think the character has been very well treated since he was called Yellowjacket, though (he's not calling himself that now, right?).

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.