Pym Potions

#1 Posted by VampireSelektor (749 posts) - - Show Bio

I have an idea for the next Pym invention. Say Darwin, the Evolving Boy, offers genetic samples to Pym. After years of experimentation, the samples are cultivated into microscopic humanoids. Later, these creatures are fitted with CPU helmets resembling smiling Ultrons. Now having created a minuscule-sized civilization, Pym patents the invention, utililzing the semi-autonomous micro-race as a hyper-intelligent immune system. Adaptability inherited from Darwin, slightly reduced to avoid power manifestation, permits the humanoids to cure any ailment. In time, the features on the CPU helmet evolve, and the micro-race build civilizations that function harmoniously with the body. The micro-race enters the body via a serum injection. Thoughts?

#2 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

Just stumbled into this, and its a very interesting idea. Well thought out, and I'd like to see it happen

#3 Posted by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry, that's too useful, and Hank has too bad of a rep for him to be allowed to do anything of real importance or significance ever.

#4 Posted by VampireSelektor (749 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith: Oh, ye of little patience. If a once obscure B-villain like Deadpool could nab his own solo title, if DC could allow Batman to have a son, Pym can devise instruments like yon here. Besides, Pym defrosted Captain America, cured Firestar's microwave ailment, resolved Tony's nerve issues, invented Ultron, founded the Infinite Avengers Mansion, presided over the first Avengers Academy, discovered Pym Particles, invented something in collaboration with Stark in some comic a few months ago, invented "Heaven" for Bill Foster, etc. Pym's cool. Maybe not dashing, but cool. Oh, and the whole "Scientist Supreme" title, if it means anything.

#5 Posted by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

@VampireSelektor said:

@JonSmith: Oh, ye of little patience. If a once obscure B-villain like Deadpool could nab his own solo title, if DC could allow Batman to have a son, Pym can devise instruments like yon here. Besides, Pym defrosted Captain America, cured Firestar's microwave ailment, resolved Tony's nerve issues, invented Ultron, founded the Infinite Avengers Mansion, presided over the first Avengers Academy, discovered Pym Particles, invented something in collaboration with Stark in some comic a few months ago, invented "Heaven" for Bill Foster, etc. Pym's cool. Maybe not dashing, but cool. Oh, and the whole "Scientist Supreme" title, if it means anything.

I'm not objecting to his accomplishments or his skills. But his rep is not good. He doesn't have much of a gimmick aside from being 'that guy who beat his wife'. Hell, even with the 'Scientist Supreme' title, if he announces, "I'M HANK PYM, AND I'M SAVING THE WORLD' The world groans and stays scared. He's a joke. A has been. At his peak he was Giant Man. I like his whole Wasp costume, but frankly, if you want someone to invent something to effect the Marvel world, you go to Stark. You go to Richards. You go to Mccoy. If none of them are available, you go to Peter fricking Parker. You do NOT go to Pym.

#6 Posted by VampireSelektor (749 posts) - - Show Bio

@JonSmith said:

@VampireSelektor said:

I'm not objecting to his accomplishments or his skills. But his rep is not good. He doesn't have much of a gimmick aside from being 'that guy who beat his wife'. Hell, even with the 'Scientist Supreme' title, if he announces, "I'M HANK PYM, AND I'M SAVING THE WORLD' The world groans and stays scared. He's a joke. A has been. At his peak he was Giant Man. I like his whole Wasp costume, but frankly, if you want someone to invent something to effect the Marvel world, you go to Stark. You go to Richards. You go to Mccoy. If none of them are available, you go to Peter fricking Parker. You do NOT go to Pym.

I would argue that his reputation has improved for the better. If a creative writer and skilled artist got behind the character on a solo title, Pym's stock could improve exponentially. Considering how people viewed him four years ago (when Bendis would meta-insult the character, when even his Skrull doppleganger thought he was incompetent), Pym has been rising steadily. Plus, this is comics. There are no has-beens, only characters in need of an update.

#7 Posted by VampireSelektor (749 posts) - - Show Bio

After lunch BUMP

#8 Edited by Comicdude360 (1475 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.