Follow

Hank Pym

Character » Hank Pym appears in 3721 issues.

Hank Pym is a scientific genius, a founding member of the Avengers, the creator of Pym Particles and of Ultron, and a modern-day superhero who suffers from a Bipolar disorder. He has acted under many memorable identities such as Ant-Man, Giant Man, Goliath, Yellowjacket, and the Wasp. He is also the Earth's Scientist Supreme, as decreed by Eternity.

Potential for Power?

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By cameron83

Are there any impressive showings for Hank Pym? I mean,doesn't he have the potential to be like the Flash or something with his Pym Particles? I mean,let's face it,unless they manipulate time,no speedster can ever face up to The Flash or any of DC's speedsters. I feel like Ant Man can be to size changers as Flash is to speedsters.

But I am not sure if that potential is used other than growing real small and growing really big..same with his tech.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cameron83

bump

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By boschePG

@cameron83:

Ill give this a try

As you know he can shrink stuff. It actually shunts mass to another dimension. Here is Hank shrinking a gigantic monster which can move at super sonic speeds.

everyone know he can shrink stuff

Pym has shrunk and grown the mass like the Earth and the fibers of the wall

but Pym can also modify the use of his shrinking (Pym particles) with timer plot devices and vibration.

can shrink/grow into other dimensions

Its his intelligence that actually boost him up to top 10 in Marvel

Pym is highly recognized as a God to the AI community

He has made like 10 BILLION Jocata's

No Caption Provided

Pym has incapacitated the likes of Loki and Chthon

Its probably cuz he is good at defining magical principals into science terms

Hank understands time

Hank still has the Ant-Man helmet for TP with ants to take out Reed tech and pair it with his illusion tech

I have more growing feats but this is all right now

Im a huge Pym fan and have more stuff but as of now,

Respect Hank Pym

mtrakos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Always liked his powers and his struggle.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Hank is a boss

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Using Pym Pockets to open doors all around tHe world is anotHer feat.

-ABstract4$$#073-

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cameron83

@boschepg said:

@cameron83:

Ill give this a try

As you know he can shrink stuff. It actually shunts mass to another dimension. Here is Hank shrinking a gigantic monster which can move at super sonic speeds.

but Pym can also modify the use of his shrinking (Pym particles) with timer plot devices and vibration.

No Caption Provided

Hank understands time

Hank still has the Ant-Man helmet for TP with ants to take out Reed tech and pair it with his illusion tech

Respect Hank Pym

Woah. Damn. Thanks :)

So basically.....just as Wally West is to speedsters,Hank Pym is to any and ALL size-changers....wow.

I mean,I've always underestimated size-changers,but because of Hank....woah. The dude is highly underrated. Even more underrated than Captain America (seriously,people think that Batman can beat Hank Pym. This makes me cry now).

@m3th said:

Using Pym Pockets to open doors all around tHe world is anotHer feat.

-ABstract4$$#073-

That's also amazing

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cameron83

@boschepg said:

@cameron83:

Ill give this a try

No Caption Provided

Hank understands time

Respect Hank Pym

In indestructible Hulk,it's said that,whenever there is an explosion.he instinctively shrinks down smaller than the molecules. Wait...how fast can he shrink? Also,how fast are his reflexes? Because that is pretty impressive.

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@cameron83: I believe that was Criti Noll, the Skrull Imposter. Any feat right around Civil War to Secret Invasion I purposely left out just for that fact but I can look it up

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boschepg said:

No Caption Provided

I'm not sure this is a feat for Hank so much as it is an example of hedonism on his part.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boschepg said:

@cameron83: I believe that was Criti Noll, the Skrull Imposter. Any feat right around Civil War to Secret Invasion I purposely left out just for that fact but I can look it up

No it was just recently. In indestructible Hulk. Something about a gamma bomb or something.

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always though of him as the most famous size changer and best.

Abishai100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Scale and Seraphim

Animal species use pheromones (special bio-chemicals) to send mating signs, and today, you can find special gimmicky bottles of human pheromones for sale on the Internet with ads like, "Use this nifty pheromone-perfume to attract your mate at the nightclub!"

One of Ant-Man's charms is that he reminds us of the special little magic of nature (i.e., animalia). When we buy an ant-farm set for our kids, we appreciate how they are curious and wondrous of the intricate 'human-like' labor behaviors exemplified in ants and how ants organize tasks in an environment.

Ant-Man's ability to shrink suggests that our analysis of scale informs our understanding of perception as it relates to nature and strength.

Flash is a speed maestro indeed, and Ant-Man is the best scale/size superhero indeed, but to match speed with scale, you really need an understanding of 'nature prioritization.' Do animals value speed or strength?

No Caption Provided

Abishai100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The Sting

Also, here's another animalia-nature derivation consideration:

Marvel's Spider-Man obtains his powers from a spider-bite, and we know that spiders exhibit handsome motion and web-weaving capabilities and hence possess great patience.

We may associate Pym/Ant-Man with regular harmless little ants, but actually, the ant kingdom includes fire ants which possess the ability to sting other creatures. If Ant-Man is a metaphoric allusion to ants, and ants have the ability to sting and attack, then Ant-Man is a superhero certainly representative of enhancement eccentricities (like Spider-Man).

The Pym Particles and his scale/size manipulation offer a nice palette to appreciate Ant-Man's overall invasiveness, no?

Fire/Red Ant (Wikipedia)

No Caption Provided

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By just_sayin

A lot of people sell Pym short, but he has a unique power set that allows for some earth conquering potential.

In Avengers A.I. he kept Doombot in line by placing a black hole that he had shrunk down to microscopic size in him. He threatened he would grow it if Doombot went rogue. In a future story, Doombot enlarged it to destroy Galactus and Dimitrios. Think about the potential for destruction with someone who carries around black holes in his pockets.

No Caption Provided

Everyone knows that Pym can control insects and can grow things. Imagine if he combined the two. He has grown ants to help him move large debris in Age of Ultron 10A.I. And Egghead has used large insects to attack people before. What if Pym used insects like a trillion soldier Godzilla sized army? Imagine bullet ants the size of houses stinging someone. Imagine carpenter ants the size of helicopters.

No Caption Provided

Pym used a pymporter gun to transport the lava of an exploding volcano into another dimension. Imagine if he enlarged the weapon and used it to teleport an entire city, state, country, continent or planet into another dimension.

No Caption Provided

Now that Pym is merged with Ultron he has those abilities also. Ultron has knocked Thor out before. Imagine Ultron the size of a skyscrapper.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

And he could just shrink everybody or step on them. Either way, Pym has a lot of potential to do harm.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

Pym is an absolute boss.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.