Follow

Hank Pym

Character » Hank Pym appears in 3722 issues.

Hank Pym is a scientific genius, a founding member of the Avengers, the creator of Pym Particles and of Ultron, and a modern-day superhero who suffers from a Bipolar disorder. He has acted under many memorable identities such as Ant-Man, Giant Man, Goliath, Yellowjacket, and the Wasp. He is also the Earth's Scientist Supreme, as decreed by Eternity.

In Need of an Upgrade?

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

I was flicking through some of my really old comics last night, and I came across one of the first comics I ever owned. I was Heroes Reborn Avengers #11, and I was reading over it and I saw how awesome Hank looked. He was wearing some sort of Iron Man esque battle armour. 

Anyway, it got me thinking, does Hank need an upgrade? He's had the same sort of power set for so long, size changing, ant-communication and bio-blasters. It's a little bland when you think of what Iron Man has gotten over the years. I was wondering what you'd think if he was to get an upgrade? 

I'd like to see some extra arms (ala Doc Ock) on his suit, the ability to grow ants with his pym particiles and maybe some sort of defensive equipment. 

Of course, this is all a fan's pipe dream, it's just that Iron Man, Reed Richards, Doctor Doom and Bruce Banner have all done so many different things with their powers/inventions, whereas Hank has sorted stay in the same area for a very long time. 

Anyway, what do you think?

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

#2  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Why make him another Iron Man? Hank's power set has changed a lot over the years, he started out only being able to shrink and talk to ants, then he was able to grow into a giant, now he can grow Wasp wings along with all of his powers he's gained over the years. To me, Hank Pym's fine right where he is when it comes to his power set. Plus Hank relies on his smarts more then anything, he's able to create pocket-dimensions, and solve the things no one else can.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @War Killer: Fair call. 
    My major gripe comes from his inability to defend himself, really. I mean he gets punched by something tough, he is going to be feeling it for a decent while.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

#4  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @War Killer: Fair call.  My major gripe comes from his inability to defend himself, really. I mean he gets punched by something tough, he is going to be feeling it for a decent while. "
    I'm pretty sure he knows how to duck and block. But even so, what you said does make me wonder if maybe if his arm gets broken or something if he's able to shrink the bone down so it can heal faster, and then just grow it back to normal size once it's healed, it sounds cool to me.
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @War Killer: That's an awesome idea! I'd never thought of that. See, that's what I'd like to see; some new uses of his pym particle/ant-communication abilities.

And lol, yeh, I reckon he'd know how to duck and block too.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.