Follow

Hank Pym

Character » Hank Pym appears in 3721 issues.

Hank Pym is a scientific genius, a founding member of the Avengers, the creator of Pym Particles and of Ultron, and a modern-day superhero who suffers from a Bipolar disorder. He has acted under many memorable identities such as Ant-Man, Giant Man, Goliath, Yellowjacket, and the Wasp. He is also the Earth's Scientist Supreme, as decreed by Eternity.

Hypothesis: Who Will be the New Giant-Man?

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

Edited By sora_thekey
    Here's where I tell you what I think will happen in... well comics! 

G-Man recently reported some cool news: Giant-Man will be returning to the Marvel Universe in issue 7 of Avengers Academy, the problem is we don't know who will be behind the mask but I think I have an idea of who it might be...

No Caption Provided
    Recap: The "Giant-Man" persona has been worn by Hank Pym. Bill Foster and Clint Barton have taken on a similar identity as Goliath. This was a title that Pym took on when he thought being small in the Avengers made him less important to the group...

Avengers Academy #7
     Avengers Academy #7

Ant-Man & The Wasp #1
    Ant-Man & The Wasp #1
    Facts: From what we can tell on the promos Marvel released this Giant Man has blue eyes and is wearing a very similar costume as that from the original. Also there is November's Ant-Man and the Wasp #1 Solicit: 

The Story: Two of Marvel's smallest heroes must join forces and get over one BIG elephant-in-the-room! Eric O'Grady once STOLE the Ant-Man suit from Hank Pym. But now, Eric is the only one who knows about a secret AIM plot to steal Pym's greatest invention! Can the two men get along long enough to save the soul of the former GOLIATH, Bill Foster? Tim Seeley, creator of "Hack/Slash" brings us the big story of the two smallest Avengers! And make sure you check out this adventure before the astonishing events of AVENGERS ACADEMY #7 next month! Rated T ...$3.99 

In Stores: Nov 3, 2010 

At first I thought that Marvel would make it more interesting in making Eric O' Grady take not only Ant-Man away from Hank Pym but also Giant Man, and I thought it made sense since Ant-Man is not mentioned in any of the Secret Avengers' solicits after the current story arc, but then I thought that whoever is behind the Giant Man mask has to be important to the story. If O' Grady was Giant Man then the big reveal would happen either in the Ant-Man and Wasp book or in the Secret Avengers book and since he's being revealed in the Avengers Academy book...

Hypothesis: Hank Pym is going back to being Giant Man... but! not indefinitely. I think he will end up going back to being Wasp, because as far as I can tell Pym's popularity grew as he took on the name of his deceased wife. 

So do you all think it might be someone else? or do you agree with my hypothesis?

Hypothesis Outcome

WIN! 
    So the answer was not all that hard. Hank went back to his Giant Man mantle. The only thing that I got wrong with this Hypothesis is the fact that he will go back to Wasp. Since Janet might be coming back soon it's very unlikely Pym will go back to being Wasp.
    TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By TheMess1428

I think it might be someone new or just younger.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By danhimself

my guess is Hank Pym

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sora_thekey
    @TheMess1428: That's probably true... a new recruit to the Avengers Academy!
    @danhimself: At least someone agrees with me!
    jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By jayskee

probably a new recruit
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sora_thekey

Hypothesis Outcome

WIN! 
    So the answer was not all that hard. Hank went back to his Giant Man mantle. The only thing that I got wrong with this Hypothesis is the fact that he will go back to Wasp. Since Janet might be coming back soon it's very unlikely Pym will go back to being Wasp.    
    Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By Kairan1979

There's always Tom Foster to take this mantle.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.